The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Akki

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2009 23:30:03 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Name: Akki
Appearance:
Five feet, six inches; taller than many of her kinswomen, Akki has a quite formidable look. Even for her height, her body is what some would consider 'well-built' or even 'stocky'. Sepia-coloured hair, usually tied back in a low ponytail, reaches down the length of her back, stopping just below the waist. The right side of her face is covered by a chin-length set of bangs that layers into the rest of her hair. Her eyes are only a slightly darker colour brown than her hair, and her smile is an unnerving set of perfectly white, perfectly straight teeth. [Not that she smiles much anyway.] On a day-to-day basis, Akki can usually be seen sporting a pair of men's pants, with sandals tied up to about mid-calf. She also wears a sleeveless kimono like top, cinched together with a black sash. The smallest luxury she allows herself, her outfit is a very demure, faded out lavender, her mother's favourite colour. As far as weaponry goes, Akki carries two shuksen --blade fans, much like Kyoshi Warriors-- as well as a giant glaive sword almost three quarters the length of her body, which is strapped to her back. Moderately tanned skin completes her look, making living in a sunfilled area more tolerable than her lighter Galgori kin.

History:
Growing up in an obscure, Earth Kingdom-based Galgori village, Akki saw her fair share of the great war. She didn't pay much mind, however, until the war came to her doorstep. Her village paid the price a "disposable" area in the Earth Kingdom's view, and her kinsmen --including her family-- were either slaughtered or enslaved. Those who managed to escape the take over scattered through the forests surrounding the Earth Kingdom. Akki was one of the escapees, having luckily completed her warrior training mere months prior. She was twenty five.

For two years, the young woman wandered aimlessly, paying in kind any fire nation she stumbled across --civilian or otherwise-- for the mercilessness her village had received. Her way became clouded, obscure; she no longer felt any purpose, or any drive to exist. She needed answers, and soul-searching had never been her thing. Night and day she fasted, praying to the patron spirit of the Galgori, the venerable Faceless One — Koh.

The Faceless One honoured Akki, visiting in a dream. In her dream, Koh and she sat next to a beautiful pond, filled with koi. Akki took care to keep her face passive as she asked the spirit why the fish all still had their own face. Koh didn't answer, but instead asked his own question. My child, what do you seek? "I seek answers, O Faceless One," the young woman murmured, her voice echoing loudly in this dream world. "I seek my path, my calling." Koh turned his face to her, searching for that one hint of emotion. Akki quelled her fears, willing her muscles to freeze, even though she could feel the prickling of fear down the hairs on her neck. Why can you not find your path?

"I do not know, my lord," she responded, feeling rather disappointed. Answering questions with a question! Really, where spirits all full of riddles and games? It seemed so. for Koh turned his back and continued seemingly off tangent. My people, your people, are like children against the mighty forces of the nations that surround you. You must be a like a white raven — a rare sight for the eyes, and an even greater blessing.

With a start, Akki awoke. Had this been a dream? A vision? Or merely a hallucination, induced by long hours of prayer and lack of food? Whatever it was, Akki felt that she had one answer at least; she was to help those who were helpless, like her people. Then, maybe, she would find the path intended for her.

Personality:
At best, Akki is socially awkward. Even as a child, she preferred training to socializing. Ever since the destruction of her village, Akki has wandered from town to town, preferring to spend nights in the woods rather than at the comforts of an inn. She's usually serious, and hardly ever smiles; her sense of humour is incredibly dry, and sarcastic, and most people cannot tell if she is cracking a joke, or if she's being serious. Oddly enough, Akki is a very sensitive person, and takes criticisms to heart, even if she won't outwardly show it. Also, probably even more oddly, Akki is a big fan of anything cute, small, and/or cuddly and/or fluffy. Though, her facial expression won't change for that, either.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 5, 2009 13:32:05 GMT -6