The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Tenoko Nagishima

Anonymous
Jan 20, 2009 3:43:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2009 3:43:51 GMT -6

Time for me to introduce my character profile that I'm making up as I go. so, here goes... =3

Name: Tenoko Nagishima
(Last name in the image says "Dragmire". That's the character's original last name, but I figured that for this site it didn't sound Asian enough, so I changed it. it IS my character, and that drawing IS mine. If the name's alright, let me know)

History/Description: Tenoko is a nomadic woman of 34 years originally from the Southern Water Tribe, where she lived peacefully with her husband and two children. Her past had been a little scratchy, and had it not been for some planning, luck, and a devoted husband, these children would have been born out of wedlock.
Growing up, Tenoko was one of the "strong kids", focusing more on strength and waterbending training rather than beauty and appearance. She was a rather tomboyish girl, usually spending her time playing with the boys instead of the girls. In her teenage years, she'd often go with them hunting and other such things, where she proved to be pretty decent, especially for a girl. Her cheery appearance and personality did get a few men interested in her, and eventually, as stated above, she became so infatuated with one of them that she became impregnated at the age of 18. The next few months were slightly rough between Tenoko and this man, named Izuka. Izuka was unsure if he was ready for a family, but his infatuation with Tenoko was similar to her intimate passion for him.
Eventually, Izuka agreed to marry Tenoko, and 4 months after their marriage, their children: fraternal twins; were born. Unfortunately, this happy relationship did not last very long. Roughly 2 months after the birth of the twins, there was a raid from the Fire Nation, in which Izuka was killed. Tenoko, who had grown up as a hunter, happened to be hunting during the time, and by the time she had returned, the village was deep into hectic warfare.
Tenoko was a decent fighter, but she had heard all the stories of Fire Nation Soldiers abducting waterbenders, and, being a waterbender herself, and still in her prime, the young mother decided to avoid the village. She was deeply frightened, as she did not know the outcome of her husband.
She learned the sad truth upon returning the next morning, finding the village rather damaged, but still standing to say the least. Izuka was among those reported dead. To make matters worse, there was no trace of Tenoko's children. They were assumed dead as well, for under the iron fist of its rulers, young Tenoko doubted that they had any mercy, not even on two helpless infants. She attended her husband's funeral, and knew that the two small caskets next to his were empty. There was only one thing running through her mind the entire time--it was a phrase that any mother or father alike would be thinking...
"no parent should have to bury their child."
Devastated, Tenoko left the Southern Water Tribe. She had gone north to the Earth Kingdom, and found a home in city of Gaoling for the next few years. During this time, she got into drinking and gambling, and, miraculously for her, she was lucky enough to win decent amounts of money. Having never been an extravagant woman, the only non-necessity Tenoko ever spent her winnings on was beer and "another game". Initially these things, along with wandering the world, were to get Tenoko's mind off of her dead family, but eventually they just became habitual, and Tenoko's positive attitude eventually returned.
Since she is a wanderer, Tenoko has no real home. She just seemed to appear" and "disappear" as she pleases. What she does is unknown, but it's likely that she keeps her waterbending skills in check through various means, for, at 34, she is a very powerful waterbender.

Appearance: Tenoko was never known as "exceptionally beautiful" or "hot" or "attractive", not even in her teenage years. Granted, she was not ugly; but rather, more "average"--not beautiful, but not ugly. A tall, gangling woman, Tenoko stands out pretty well. Her physical strength certainly will wake a person up too. Not a woman who would ever turn down a fight, Tenoko has had her share of bar brawls, and with powerful arms, large hands and feet, big boots and the plating on her fingerless gloves, she makes an excellent fist-fighter--a trick that comes in handy for her when there is no water nearby. Over top of her baggy pants is a short-sleeved, long blue split-skirt/dress that extends only to her knees, and is lined Water Tribe style. Her body is all covered with clothing with the exception of her head, her elbows and her fingertips. She also wears a distinct belt with a huge buckle shaped like the Water Tribe Emblem, and has a casual tiara-type object with the same emblem around her head [obviously].
Apart from her rugged appearance, Tenoko's most cherished possession is the betrothal necklace given to her by her late husband Izuka before they married. In return, she had given him and old bracelet that she had made as a child. Giving something in return for a betrothal necklace may not have been part of the culture, but Tenoko did it anyways. The only time she sometimes takes her necklace off is when she sleeps, or on other occasions at her discretion. She generally tries not to think about it, as it reminds her of that fateful day where she lost her family--her husband and children.
As far as Tenoko's actual body goes [AKA without clothing--a site only her husband saw] there was nothing that made Tenoko stand out in the Water Tribes. Her dark skin, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes made her fit right in. She was a bit on the thin side, and had decent-sized hands and feet. she had a firm face, hair that went a little below her shoulders, and she generally kept it down. the "loopies" of hair that many Water Tribe woman had were also a feature of Tenoko's, but because of the way she had done them, they looked more square.

Personality: Other than the chaotic months surrounding the deaths of her husband and children, Tenoko's life had generally been positive. As a result, she was and still generally is an optimistic woman who lives an easy-going life. She has an amusing sense of humor, and is generally difficult to intimidate because of her laid-back lifestyle and altogether cool and calm demeanor. She's not afraid to take a chance at things--or a "step into the darkness", even if said chance threatens her life. Altogether, Tenoko is a pleasant person to be around.

Other Notes: So where is Tenoko now? She is most likely wandering the world, most likely in the Earth Kingdom. where she goes and wanders is still a mystery, but she seems to wind up everywhere.

hope I did something right... x3
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 20, 2009 3:49:28 GMT -6