The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

General How

Anonymous
Jan 3, 2007 5:26:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 3, 2007 5:26:21 GMT -6

Character's Name:
How (or Hao)
Character's Age:
40 years old
Character's Appearance:
He has green eyes, black hair tied in a topknot with a special Earth Kingdom knot on his head. He has stern looking face and a kinda "General's beard". He looks strong, he has a quite muscular body. He wears an Earth Kingdom General uniform, different from the normal ones but made the same way. And his uniform has a cloak like every other uniform of General.
Character's Personality:
He s a veteran of the war so he can be fierce and dangerous. But most of the time, he's just a serious officer, stern enough to give orders, calm enough to not get upset if there are bad news. And he's tough enough to lead all the armies of the Earth Kingdom. He's a wise General, who knows what to do in which situation. But he doesn't like when something gets out of his control. And he has a great loyalty to the Earth King, as the armies and other Generals do.
Character's Relationships, both positive and negative:
General How, since he's the leader of the Council of Five who are the highest ranking Generals in the Earth Kingdom, knows the Earth King and is normally aware of everything going on in the whole continent. He knows the other members of the Council, he leads all the armies, he knows Long Feng and executes his orders since the Earth King doesn't give him the orders, and he knows the Dai-Li but doesn't care since he doesn't command them.
Character's History
General How was born in Ba Sing Se. He has grown trained to join the army. He is a powerful Earthbender. He has fought in the war against the Fire Nation during a long time. He's a great veteran and has reached the rank of greatest General because of that. He is leading the armies wisely. He receives messages from all over the Earth Kingdom, telling him about the war's situations in these countries. Then he discusses it with the Council and they make the right decisions. He also makes the decisions about Ba Sing Se's defense. His experience in the war makes him a good warrior and good leader. He has fought to protect Ba Sing Se last time it was attacked and has fought in the battle of the Western Earth Kingdom when the Fire Nation tried to invade it so they could surround Ba Sing Se. He's a great war hero and is acknowledged by everyone in the Earth Kingdom. When he learned that Omashu had been taken by the Fire Nation, he wanted to send one or two armies from General Fong's base to the city since it was a strategic place in the Southern Earth Kingdom. But the whole council agreed that King Bumi was wise enough to take the city back, and that there were enough armies in the city to drive the Firebenders back. He is still astounded that the old Earth Kingdom city has fallen, though. But he's doing whatever it takes to not let it happen to some other city.
How the War has affected your Character
The War has made How more dangerous and wise but his experience also help him to unerstand how to react to this or that siuation. With all the things he lived, he can take everything and find a way to solve problems. It made him able to lead every army everywhere to do everything they can. He can evaluate the danger of a situation and then take care of the situation by himself or with the other Generals.

This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 3, 2007 16:54:46 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Aiiya, Joychi! It seems to me that you didnt read the PM Karena sent out very well, nor the rules of this board. Both clearly state that all the required fields must be woven into an RP post. Please, do it again. Thanks.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 4, 2007 9:59:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 4, 2007 9:59:54 GMT -6

Oops, sorry, I misunderstood.... I didn't figure out how to put the informtions in a RP post.... I'm kinda making the same as my previous appliation

General How was in his office. He was checking his messages from the Earth Kingdom military. He sat down, putting the cloak of his uniform of General on his side so it didn't disturb him. His green eyes looked at all the messages he had received. His sight wandered through them all.

Then he took one with his strong hands. He opened it. It's from the Southern Earth Kingdom. I already know the situation out there. We can't do anything more to help them. They already have the troops they need. Then he took another one, from the Western Earth Kingdom. He stroke his beard and looked at the ceiling, remembering when he was younger, when they had sent him from Ba Sing Se to the War front. He remembered when he was a young Caporal. A colonel had come to get him while he was training and told him he was sent to the Southern Earth Kingdom. His parents had agreed with that since he had been trained to become a soldier. But it was harder than he had thought. His battalion had lost some ground but then another battalion came and drove the Fire Nation back. How was really ashamed because his battalion had lost some ground and they had needed help. They had been overpowered and they lost the contro of the situation even though they mastered everything at first. How swore he would not let it happen again.

Then he married a woman from Ba Sing Se too. She was from the Upper class of Ba Sing Se. He was really in love with her. He had become a Captain and he couldn't see his wife a lot. But one day, she left to the Wesern Earth Kingdom because of her nobility. She was a diplomat and thus, she was travelling a lot. They sent him to the Western Earth Kingdom after that. The experience of his last battle made him able to control the situation. He knew how to react and what to do. He had become wiser now, but also stronger and more dangerous. He wanted to do whatever it could take, still wisely of course, to not lose again. Unfortunately, to win this battle, he had had to disobey one of the Earth King's orders. Even though they had won the battle, the Fire Nation had succeeded to burn a city down. It was the city where How's wife was and she died in the city. He went to her funeral and promised he would never disobey to the Earth King again. He had become the greatest General of the Earth Kingdom and thus, a skilled and wise warrior, able to handle every situation. But to do it he had to let go of his love. She was dead because of him and he had become the leader of the Earth Kingom Generals just for that. Now he was fourty years old, but he was still strong, with a muscular body and still as dangerous as before. Because of his wife's death, he wants to do whatever it takes to end the war, which makes him even more loyal to the Earth King, but the loss of someone he loved has shown him that everything is actually tougher and more complicated than it looks like. He opened the message and read it. Apparently, the Western Earth Kingdom was about to be invaded by the Fire Nation. They had brought a large army of battle ships and they had already driven some Earth Kingdom troops back towards Ba Sing Se. The soldiers were overpowered and the Firebenders were burning everything to preempt the soldiers from hiding to prepare for the attack. General How slammed the desk with his fist. It was where his history had begun, he wasn't going to let it get invaded. He tried to stay calm. He ordered that the Council would have to meet as soon as possible. It was a terrible news but he had to remain calm to lead the soldiers and give them the orders. He continued to read the scrolls, his mind still a little disrupted by the previous message. There were good news and bad news too. The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu was stll under the Fire Nation's control but the Southern and South-Western Earth Kingdom Waters were completely clean and safe. And the Eastern Earth Kingdom had the Water Tribes' support.

Then he walked towards the Upper Ring, in the Council's War room. They were all here. Genral How told them to sit down and listen. "There are bad news, men. The Western Earth Kingdom is under atack and they may be overpowered if we don't give them our support. The Southern Earth Kingdom needs troops too. But last time we all agreed that they had all the armies they needed. The Fire Nation is marching on their towns. The military doesn't know what to do there... For the Western Earth Kngdom, I suggest we send five armies to the coast." He moved five Earth Kingdom pieces from Ba Sing Se to the Western Earth Kingdom coast on the map, where there were already four pieces with two lying down, meaning that out of the four battalions, two were defeated. The Earth Kingdom coast was full of Fire Nation pieces representing battle ships. "They can destoy the battle ships and cut the armies' roots. The Southern Earth Kingdom can use some of General Fong's soldiers. If they can take the Fire Nation armies down one by one, they can succeed. They surround them to attack and they win. It will be enough." He moved an Earth Kingdom piece from General Fong's base to the mountain range in the South. They all spoke, discussing about it. "It's actually the only way..." General Sung said. General How nodded. The other General had written their plans on two scrolls. Geeral How took them and ordered to send them to the right places. I won't let the places where I started get invaded...
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 7, 2007 10:08:47 GMT -6
karl
Jan 6, 2007 10:49:05 GMT -6

Post by karl on Jan 6, 2007 10:49:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The non-admin critiquer is here... There isn't a rule against this is there? I didn't see anything in the board rules, inform me if this annoys you!

Character's Name: It's there, no comments.

Character's Age: Same

Character's Appearance: Only got that his eyes were green and that he had a cloak. Half-credit.

Character's Personality: Well I didn't see much of it. I got this: Cares about Ba Sing Sei and would do anything to protect it. He is also formidable. Half-credit

Character's Relationships, both positive and negative: Not much there. I feel no thoughts about the other generals, and no one else was mentioned specifically besides the colonel, and that wasn't much of a relationship either.

Character's History: Lots of that. I feel like I know his life inside out.

How the War has affected your Character: Same as above. I can tell how much the war changed him.

5/7 is my rating. Once again, tell me if me popping in and saying stuff when I don't have any real power makes me seem like I'm trying to be a mod or something, tell me and I'll stop. But I like to do this because I like to read these posts.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 7, 2007 1:43:10 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Joychi - It was well-written, and I loved all the inisight into Hao's character and his past. Nice, but I think that you need to add more about his relationships and how the war has affected him. So no for now.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 7, 2007 7:03:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 7, 2007 7:03:44 GMT -6

Yeah, I forgot it... And I already have an idea. It may be a little mean to him but I think it'll be a good thing. And I can see I need to improve the part of the war... And apparently, I forgot to put the loyalty to the Earth King.

Kame, for the appearance I don't know what I could say. The Show only shows him three times and we don't see anything more than his "haircut", his beard, his green eyes, his normal uniform of General with that cloak and his muscular body... But I'm gonna edit the whole thing anyway.
kusari
Jan 7, 2007 10:28:23 GMT -6

Post by kusari on Jan 7, 2007 10:28:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I approve Joychi =]
General Hao is in good hands, I think...
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 7, 2007 10:57:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 7, 2007 10:57:30 GMT -6

Yeah, thanks Kusari. I tried to make it better, but since we don't know so much about him, it's hard to tell his relationships (other than the Generals, the Earth King and the rest of the Earth Kingdom soldiers.... maybe Long Feng, but from what I saw, they're not really pals...). And it's hard for War and its influence on him as well. I didn't choose the best one, did I ;D ?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 10, 2007 17:18:13 GMT -6

*STAMP*

For now, at least. I'll give him to you on a probationary status, but if I see you slipping I'll have to withdraw my approval. Good luck, Joychi! (And personally, I'd prefer it if you spelled his name "Hao" rather than "How" :P )
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 11, 2007 16:56:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 11, 2007 16:56:52 GMT -6

OK, thank you. I will do my best (I'll spell his name "Hao") and I'll try to RP like a real General in charge of the Earth Kingdom. Thank you Katara. Let's head to Ba Sing Se !!!

By the way, funny avvie, Katara :D.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 17, 2007 16:27:00 GMT -6

NOTE TO STAFF
One more approval is needed for this application.
Thanks.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jan 19, 2007 0:04:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Actually, two Katara... He's yours, Joychi, on the same terms as Katara's approval. *STAMP*

Edit: Now, it's one.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 19, 2007 0:09:48 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jan 29, 2007 18:30:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 29, 2007 18:30:10 GMT -6

Very well I guess i'll give the last stamp out, hehehe. Bon travaille Joychi, vouz devraisez etre joyeux.