The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Forum Skins

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 26, 2006 21:01:06 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Ok, just to get a feel for who is using what, please answer the poll! This will do the following

1) Give me a feel for who is using what
2) Give me an idea on what color schemes work the best
3) Let you guys know who uses what, and color your posts accordingly.

Thanks for taking time to do this guys, I appreciate it.

This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 26, 2006 22:06:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Personally, I prefer the Zuko Red skin the best, and no, it's not just because I love Zuko (although that's part of the reason. ;D ) I personally prefer darker color schemes better, but that's just me. My second favorite is the Default Skin, and I switched back and forth between the two of them for a little but, before leaving it on the one I have it on now. I honestly prefer darker color schemes, which is why I prefer those two more. (Most of my sites, if not all of them, have darker color schemes for backgrounds....)

As to why I don't like the other two as much - I simply don't like lighter color schemes that much. They just... don't seem to do as much for me. They're both nice, really they are, but I just don't like them as much as I do the Zuko skin and the Default Avatar skin.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 27, 2006 19:03:26 GMT -6
alianne
May 27, 2006 15:24:45 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 27, 2006 15:24:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, for me, Katara Light Blue is the best, because it's easy on the eyes (not to mention it's done nicely, with the background, but it's also the colors, the Light Blue). I also like the way it focuses on one group of colors. I've tried the Zuko skin, and I don't remember how it looked exactly, but I remember alot of colors, and It got really weird and confusing for me, and it sort of hurt my eyes to focus on so much. Aang white is the best for contrast, but when I'm online at night, I would have to turn my brightness to zero, and then when I got up in the morning, I would have to adjust it again. So I just stuck with Katara.

Not only are the colors working well for my eyes, but they're the most appealing, and the background is the most appealing to me as well.

*Applause for Katara*
This user is a guest
taedxoa
May 27, 2006 15:55:28 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 27, 2006 15:55:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
And I shall give my praise to Katara for the Aang White skin. Largely because blue and white (in that order) are my favorite colors but also because my two favorite elements are air and fire and my character bends blue fire... having the skin of the Avatar himself just seemed right. On top of that I like the contrast of the blue boxes against the mostly white background and of the black text against the blue box background, like Aliana was saying, but I don't have trouble with the brightness... the blue centers of the pages just seem comfortable.

Not to pick any arguments with Aliana or anything ;) my eyes are just weird.

Anyway, thanks for all the work you do with graphics and skins, Katara!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 27, 2006 19:04:32 GMT -6

And thank you Karena, Taed, and Aliana. I appreciate the feedback and the praise. *bows*
This user is Mod
alianne
May 27, 2006 23:09:59 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 27, 2006 23:09:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey, I understand. I just got problems... This is why I must wear sunglasses in school. Everything is WHITE... SO WHITE...
This user is a guest
enix
May 27, 2006 23:15:47 GMT -6

Post by enix on May 27, 2006 23:15:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I like the Aang White skin. Largely to the fact that I dislike dark coloured skins. They tend to hurt my eyes, and make things hard to read. I enjoy the bright background, it makes me think "happy". When the forum is all dark it makes me feel "sad and/or angry", and I tend to be a bitter RP'er. So, before I start to ramble, I wanted to give you kudos on the Aang White skin.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on May 28, 2006 0:23:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*reads enix's post carefully* Could the fact that I'm often a harsh, sarcastic person, have something to do with the fact that I prefer the darker skins? *shrugs*

Anyway, despite what's being said here, it seems that more people have voted for the Zuko Red Skin, followed by the Katara Light Blue and the Aang White, then lastly, but not leastly, the Default skin.
This user is Mod
enix
May 28, 2006 0:36:46 GMT -6

Post by enix on May 28, 2006 0:36:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Meh. Possibly. I bet I could give you a run for your money in the sarcastic department, though. :)
This user is a guest
jamie
May 28, 2006 21:20:45 GMT -6

Post by jamie on May 28, 2006 21:20:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara light blue. I like the color scheme, and how it goes along well with the picture.
This user is a guest
masteryinyang
May 29, 2006 9:50:24 GMT -6

Post by masteryinyang on May 29, 2006 9:50:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
i like the aang white skin.personally aang is my favorit character
This user is a guest
zanisha
May 29, 2006 11:09:47 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 29, 2006 11:09:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*laughs at Karena's comment cause I'm like that too.* lol ya.

When I first came on the site i checked them all out and LOVED the Zuko red skin. I've always liked darker skins and colors. Red + Black are my favorite with skins because they look cool together and mix nicely. There are so many colors between red and black, that when u mix them all together (Like fire. The way it goes from the red hot center of it to the black smoke climbing into the sky.) it looks amazing. So dark and mysterious. Easy to look at.

The edges of the skin are really cool too. and the way the picture fades out in the distance. Plus I love Zuko, so there's that.

I tried using the ang white one, but ended up leaning back in my chair from the brightness after 5 minuets. Personally I don't like Katara (in the show don't worry. ;D) so I don't like that one. That and Blue is just to bright and calmish for me.

The default looks pretty cool tho and In think you did a really great job with all of them. *claps and throws confetti* Go YOU! ;D
This user is a guest
tyrande
Jun 1, 2006 14:47:18 GMT -6

Post by tyrande on Jun 1, 2006 14:47:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I picked the Katara Light Blue. First of all, Katara is my favorite character. I like it also because of it's cool colors, and it makes me feel better on a hot day (Although when it's hot, I am usually inside). I also like Zuko red, because of the same reason as Kerana, the dark colors. Aang, I don't like that much, it is too bright and, like Zanashi, I couldn't really see it because it was so bright. Katara has a bit of darkness in it, and has a really cool backround.

Good job on all of them Katara!
This user is a guest
kusari
Jun 3, 2006 9:29:55 GMT -6

Post by kusari on Jun 3, 2006 9:29:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Aang White....I wish there was one for the Earth Kingdom or just an Earth Bender-ish one. That'd be cool. I'm too lazy to make one though. Even though I have Firworks MX. Whateva. Haha. Anyway, Aang White!
This user is a guest
Jun 4, 2006 13:09:53 GMT -6

Post by avatar94 on Jun 4, 2006 13:09:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Im with you
This user is a guest
tidus
Jun 6, 2006 10:33:08 GMT -6

Post by tidus on Jun 6, 2006 10:33:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Let's hear it for Toph brown.
This user is a guest
Last edit by tidus: Jun 6, 2006 12:25:58 GMT -6
fubar
Jun 9, 2006 6:20:43 GMT -6

Post by fubar on Jun 9, 2006 6:20:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm using the Zuko one because it's the darkest colours. I have 2 requests:
1: A Toph green/brown/etc skin sounds like an excellent idea to complete the set of elements, so I echo Mym's request there.
2: I like the dark colours of the Zuko skin, but as a guy I'd prefer to see Azuka in the background instead of Zuko. I had a go capturing a suitable image from the show, then used 'Paint' to remove the 'nick.com' splat in the corner as best I could... Feel free to use my Azuka pic or find a better one if you think you can... Or edit my Azuka pic to include her name or whatever then use it... I don't mind which. For a potential Azuka (have I got her name right? Zuko's sister, anyway) skin, you could make use of Orange (my fav colour), Purple, and some lightning-reference colours/etc if they're not too bright.

Anyway, here's the pic I'm talking about:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Animorph4Eva/Avatar/IntroducingZukosSister120.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]Karena Edit: Katara's right. It stretches out the page...[/glow]

Thanks in advance for any consideration!
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jun 10, 2006 14:42:47 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 9, 2006 12:29:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It's Azula, Fubar... Anyway, I'm sure Katara will take it into consideration. She's our Designer Lady Person.

And it seems that Zuko Red is winning the poll...
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 10, 2006 1:05:40 GMT -6

For furture reference, dear, try not using such big pictures. It stretches out the thread, and for those of us with laptops, it's a bother. Instead, put a thumbnail or a link. Thanks.

Secondly, I direct you all to my new poll....future A:tLA skins....
This user is Mod
tazmaniandevil
Jun 10, 2006 4:01:56 GMT -6

Post by tazmaniandevil on Jun 10, 2006 4:01:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
uhmm..for me i pick this color.the black and red because for me.its cool to be this site's design..uhmm.i wish other people would reply all my comments!!please cause i'm just a junior member..
This user is a guest