The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

FIC: "Wishful Thinking" - PG-13

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 14, 2006 0:04:24 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I was struck by sudden inspiration to write an Avatar fanfic, so here I am! Now, the following story makes a few sexual innuendos, nothing NC-17, more like PG/PG-13. It's a comedy story, told from Zuko's point of view.

Now, "Wishful Thinking" is different from most Avatar fics because it incorporates an OC that does not belong to the author. In this story, I'm shipping Aangtara and Zurena (Zuko/Karena).

There will be several parts to the story. Please, no posting comments until all parts are posted. I'm stretching it out over a couple of days, so that I have time to edit. :3

Hope you enjoy!.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 18, 2006 0:57:06 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 14, 2006 15:53:56 GMT -6

"Wishful Thinking"
(Part One)

The world has been at peace for two years. People are slowly getting their lives back, most of which were changed or destroyed during the course of the Hundred-and-Two Year War. The Fire Nation ceased their attack on the other nations when the Avatar, a fourteen-year-old Airbender named Aang, defeated Fire Lord Ozai in a public battle, winner declaring the price. Having mastered the four elements — Air, Earth, Water, and Fire — in the span of two years, the Avatar defeated Ozai, declaring the war over and throwing Ozai into prison to live out the rest of his life.

With Ozai gone, the Fire Nation had no leader. Princess Azula was thought to be the obvious successor, but Fire Nation law declared that no woman could rule lest she was married. Disliking all of her suitors immensely, Azula reluctantly abdicated the throne. With no heir to the crown, the Fire Nation was in turmoil. Then, as if by a god's intervention, General Iroh appeared. Though Ozai had declared the old man a traitor, he was still a respected man, and his words carried a lot of weight. "There is still one more heir to the throne," he reminded the people. "Ozai had two children, not just Azula. I give you — Prince Zuko!"

That's me. I am Zuko, former banished prince, now ruler of the fire nation. Four years have passed since the reappearance of the Avatar, and two years since the end of the war and my ascension to the throne. The first thing I did was throw Azula on a prison barge in the middle of the sea. I just couldn’t help my self, and Uncle approved.

~*~*~

The story I am about to relate to you is a strange one; it is so strange, that even I, and the people involved, have a hard time believing that it actually happened.

I woke up one morning not too long ago to a familiar voice calling my name. "Zuko. Zuko." I groaned, and sat up groggily. You'd think the Fire Lord would have more say in what time he gets up in the morning! Opening a bleary eye, I shot a sleepy glare at my wife, Karena. She returned my glare with one of her own, annoyance flashing in her brown eyes. "It's about time," she snapped, placing her hands on her hips. "I've been trying to wake you for the past five minutes. Get up. We have visitors." Not bothering to stifle a yawn, I remained where I was. "So who's here?" I asked. "Aang and Katara," came the reply. "Now get ready," she ordered, heading for the door. "They're meeting us in the throne room.” Karena closed the door behind her. With a grumble, I got out of my comfortable bed and prepared myself for the day. The Avatar and the peasant — correction: the Avatar and the South Pole Waterbending Master. I shook my head. It really wasn’t that long we were still enemies, and now we were accepting them into our home, probably as "honoured guests" or something equally political. It was tough, letting go of grudges.

The halls were empty as I made my way to the throne room, which was a relief. Advisors usually surrounded my every waking moment, vying for my attention. I pushed open the cool metal door to the throne room, my eyes glancing at the intricate designs on the iron. A familiarly clothed woman and her tall companion stood before the throne, speaking to Karena.

I approached them. Karena, seeing me, smiled and gestured to the guests. "Aang, Katara," I heard her say, "I'm sure you remember Zuko?" A brief nod was Katara's answer. It appeared that she too was having issues burying the hatchet. The tall young man next to her, however, spoke. "He Zuko. How's it going?" With a start, I realized that it was the Avatar. He'd grown these past two years since I'd seen them. He was now as tall as me, and I had grown three or four inches as well. Why didn't I notice the blue arrows, or his bald head?

"Everything's fine," I said blandly, my face expressionless. At my side, Karena elbowed me. Hard. I glared at her, and she glared back, her eyes ordering me to be polite. I said nothing, and an awkward silence ensued. Katara and the Avatar glanced sidelong at each other, an understanding passing between them. The waterbender cleared her throat. I looked at her, and noticed that she too had changed. The last time I had seen her, she was an awkward sixteen-year-old. Now, her body had matured, filled out. There was a new pendant on her necklace, with the symbol of air on it. From her wrist dangled the old charm. “Karena,” she said.

“Yes?”
“I don’t mean to be rude –“ the girl began.
“Oh, no!” interrupted Karena, waving it off. “It’s okay.”
“Well,” Katara continued, “Aang and I are a bit tired from the journey. Do you think we could eat and rest...?”

Karena slapped her forehead. “Of course!” she replied. “What a lousy hostess I am!” With a clap of her hands, a servant came scurrying forward bowed. “Prepare breakfast,” Karena ordered in a rather queenly voice. The servant bowed again and left. Karena then turned to Katara. “I presume you took Appa?” It was the Avatar who answered, however. “Yep. I told the guys at your stable to feed him a lot of hay.” A cautious look appeared on Karena’s face. “Where’s Sokka?” she asked. Katara laughed. “He’s at home,” was the answer. “He said he’d spent enough of his life riding a flying bison, and he’d ‘be damned’ if he ever did it again willingly.”

“Good. Then we’ll have enough food. Where’s Momo?”
“With Appa. Momo rarely leaves his side.”

I was starting to get bored of the pleasantries. Plus, I wanted to sit and eat my breakfast. I was hungry. “Let’s go to the dining hall,” I said, gesturing. “Okey-dokey,” said the Avatar, grinning. He grabbed Katara’s hand; I noticed Karena glance at their entwined fingers, a strange look in her eyes. The look was fleeting, however, and we were on our way. I lead the way through the halls. Karena, however, opted to walk with Katara and the Avatar, chit-chatting all the way to the hall. That was fine with me. I wasn’t really a morning person.

When we were all seated at the table, Katara pulled a small box from a bag at her waist. She passed it over to my wife, who opened it and pulled out a gold chain necklace, with a jade dragon pendant dangling from the end. “It’s beautiful!” she exclaimed happily, putting it on. “You guys shouldn’t have.” Katara merely smiled. Then she addressed me. “We didn’t get you anything, Zuko,” the girl said apologetically. “We –“ I shook my head. “Whatever.”

“There’s a bit of a legend with that necklace, Karena,” the Avatar informed us. “The old lady we bought it from said that whosoever wears the pendant would be granted one wish.” He laughed, and shook his bald, blue-arrowed head. “She looked a bit crazy though, so I wouldn’t count on it.” Karena opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the arrival of servants, bearing trays upon trays laden with food. Our guests’ eyes opened wide, never having seen a breakfast to this extent, I suppose. “Wow,” said Katara, eyes full of amazement. “This looks and smells great! Thanks!”

“Not a problem,” said Karena. “We’re glad you’re here – aren’t we, Zuko?” Why’d she have to drag me into this? I grunted noncommittally, eyes fixed on my food. Within seconds, a sharp pain shot up my right leg. I doubled over and landed face-first into my eggs. Immediately I pulled my face from the steaming hot eggs, glaring furiously at my wife. She had kicked me! Karena smiled sweetly, feigning innocence. “Zuko, you should really use utensils. People might think they have an uncivilized ruler.” I was so mad! I pushed back my chair and stood, knocking it over. “Whatever,” I spat, throwing my napkin on the table. Spinning on my heel, I turned and left the room, slamming the door shut behind me.

Too furious to do anything else, I dived into my work. Ruling a nation that had been at war for a bit over a hundred years is grueling work, believe it or not, and it was nightfall before I emerged from my office. On the way to my bedroom, I passed Karena’s study, where she and Katara were seated, having a conversation. The door was cracked open ajar. I ignored them and walked on – until I heard my name, that is. Then I doubled back and listened at the crack, taking care not to be seen.

“So you and Zuko are okay?” Katara was asking.
“I guess,” responded Karena, heaving a big sigh. “It’s just....”
“What?”
“Well, I’m not really that happy. In fact, I’m miserable.”

I was stunned. Karena was unhappy? I thought everything was fine. We’d cut our explosive arguments down to about once or twice a week, which I thought was pretty good. Katara seemed to be thinking along the same lines.

“But you wrote to me that you guys weren’t fighting all the time now.”
“True,” Karena admitted. “But....”

But what? I wanted to shout. But what? Instead, I kept my mouth shut and listened.

“Well,” explained my apparently unhappy wife, “Zuko never shows his affection anymore. It’s not like when we were all traveling together. He’s become withdrawn again, and his kisses are just another routine for him to go through. It’s painful.”
“Have you talked to him about it?” asked Katara.

Karena snorted. “Right, like he’d listen to that kind of babble?” she scoffed. I wanted to burst in the room and say Okay, here I am, I’m listening, but something held me back. Karena was speaking again; I moved a bit closer to the gap in the doorway.

“I wish Zuko’d act more like Iroh and Aang,” she said sadly. “He’d probably be more affectionate. Like what you and Aang have,” Karena told Katara.
As soon as Karena uttered these words, I heard a roaring in my ears, and felt weak kneed. My vision began to blur horribly, and I lost my sense of balance. I pitched forward, pushing open the door and landing with a loud thud on the floor of Karena’s study. I heard women, probably Karena and Katara, calling my name. Then, the world went dark.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 17, 2006 22:13:23 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 18, 2006 0:56:30 GMT -6

"Wishful Thinking"
(Part Two)

It was light when I came to, having passed the vening in unconciousness. I was in my own bed, though for the life of me couldnt remember how I got there. Trying to sit up, I groaned and sank back down as theworld swam. "Careful now," said a soft, familiar voice. There was a blure of blue before me, and I was seeing double of Katara. "Twins?" I heard myself mumble. The girl chuckled. "Nope," she replied. "Now hold still." There was a cool, wet sensation on my forehead. The dull throbbing disappeared, and I closed my eyes in relief. Opening them again, I found that my vision had cleared, and saw Katara sitting at my side,a blob of water encompassing her right hand.

She smiled at me, her blue eyes amused. "You took quite a knock on your head, my Lord Zuko," she informed me, her tone overly polite. Katara waved her hand and sent the water back into the pitcher by Karena's nightstand. "A minor concussion from slamming your head on the floor, and a small cut on your forehead," she continued, her eyes still holding a bemused glint. "What were you doing outside Karena's study, m'lord?" she asked, eyeborws knitted together in curiousity.

I glared at her. "You can leave now," I snarled. Her facial expression eased and she arched aneyeborw; when she spoke, her tone was cooler, with a hint of anger. "Now, is that anyway for you to treat the person who just healed you?" Katara asked, azure eyes meeting and holding my own. "Whatever," I mumbled, throwing off the covers and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, and noticed I was still in the previous day's attire. "How'd I get here?" I asked of the girl, who still sat on my bed. "Aang did some airbending," replied Katara. I grunted, and motioned for her to leave. When she didn't budge, I snapped, "I need to change. Get out." Katara shook her head, braid swinging. "No can do," she replied, grinning broadly. "Karena went to go fetch Nikuro from General Iroh's summer home, and left me in charge of you. 'Watch him like a hawk,' she told me. I will, however," she added when I opened my mouth to protest, "turn around while you dress." Katara stood fromo her seat and walked to the wall, pretending to be fascinated by the paint. Realizing the girl wasnt going to follow my instructions, I sighed and began to dress, glancing up every so often to make sure she wasnt looking. To Katara's credit, she never once turned, remaining fixated on the paint pattern. Tugging on a shoe, I muttered, "I'm done." She didnt look at me, but said rather, "Did you wash your face?" Narrowing my eyes at the mothering tone in hervoice, I began to wash. I was drying my face when the strangest desire hit me. I blinked, and shook my head. The desire remained. I glanced in the mirror in front of me, noting with relief that Katara was still looking at the wall. I tried slapping my face, pinching myself, nothing working to rid my body of this want...this craving...."Damn," I cursed, placing my fist against my forehead. "Damn, damn, damn."

Katara turned at last, concern in her expression. "Are you okay, Zuko?" she asked, finally addressing me normally. When I turned, I gave Katara a look she later described as possesed, which scared her. At that moment though, she was calm, even when I grabbed her shoulders. "I need..." I stammered. "I need..." Katara moved my hands and brought them to my sides, her grip gentle yet strong and commanding. "You need what?" she querried. All I could do was tremble. This just couldn't be happening! If Karena knew of this urge....

"What do you need, Zuko?"
"Tea," I said hoarsely, mouth dry. "I need tea."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 26, 2006 12:14:33 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 21, 2006 1:26:16 GMT -6

”Wishful Thinking”
(Part Three)

The young waterbending master gaped at me, eyes wide. “What?” she asked in disbelief. “I need tea,” I repeated. The urge to drink tea was nearly overwhelming. Katara continued to stare, mouth slightly open. “You’re ranting about tea?” she asked after a few moments, the corners of her mouth twitching. She didnt laugh, thankfully, and she opened the door to my room. “Yes, that’s right,” the girl said in a voice full of authority. “Lord Zuko would like to have some tea.” The servant she was speaking to must’ve wanted to pry, because I heard Katara say, “Who are you to question Fire Lord Zuko’s choice of beverage?” Her voice was gentle, but there was probably that look in her eyes. The next thing I know, the servant’s handed her a tray bearing a pot of steaming hot tea, and a cup. Katara set the tray down on the bedside table, and the only thing keeping me from guzzling it down is the fact that it’s boiling hot. So I sat there, sipping tea, Katara observing, eyebrow arched. “How is it?” she asked, making chit-chat to end the odd silence. Normally, I’m not the one for small talk, but I found myself responding, “The tea is go~o~o~o~od. Excellently brewed.” In vain, I tried to stop speaking, but words tumbled from my mouth of their own accord. “It’s chamomille,” I annonced, “with just a hint of lemon and honey.”

The second eyebrow arched. “Oh?” said Katara politely, not really caring. “Glad you like it.” She moved back to the door. “When you’re done, Lord Zuko,” said she, formal once again, “there are a few matters of government that need your attention. You received a letter last night while you were...incapacitated...from a certain Galgori named Halaku. I’ll wait for you in the office m’lord.” She closed the door quietly behind her.

Draining my tea, I stood, unsure of myself. How’d I know what kind of tea I was drinking? That was Uncle’s expretise. I shook my head until I was dizzy. It was just a passing thing, I told myself. It will never happen again. I made my way to my office. Pushing open the door, I realized that Katara was nowhere in site. There was, however, a note on my desk, written in a very feminine hand:

I looked up from the note and found a white and brown. bat-eared lemur preening himself on the steps in front of my desk. “So, you have a name, you pesky...thing,” I snarled, remembering how annoying it was. I sighed and sat at my desk, shuffling through papers. I didn’t feel like working. I fidgeted in my seat, trying to find something to entertain me.

It was about lunchtime when Katara returned, accompanied by the Avatar, and the two of them found me sitting on the floor, folding paper. “Look,” I found myself saying in an excited tone. “Oragami!” The girl just stared. “They’re...nice...” she said slowly. “but they look like...um...folded triangles.” I frowned. “They’re cranes,” I informed her sullenly. “Oh.” Katara looked uncomfortable. The Avatar grinned at me. “That’s neat, Zuko. You should practice some more. Then, you can show ‘Rena.” He referred to Karena by a boyish nickname. I scowled. They didnt look like triangles to me. Flames shot out of my palm, encompassing the paper I held, turning it into ash. I threw the ashes on the floor and stalked out of my office.

Wandering around, I thought of what was happening. Why was I doing these weird things? First, tea like Uncle, then childishness like the Avatar? Unbidden, the Avatar’s voice floated through my mind. ”Whosoever wears the pendant would be granted one wish.” Huh? Then, I stopped dead in my tracks, Karena’s voice echoing in my ears. ”I wish Zuko’d act more like Iroh and Aang.”

”I wish Zuko’d act more like Iroh and Aang.”

No, I told myself sternly. That’s just a coincidence. That’s all.

~*~*~

Karena came home that night, bringing with her Nikuro and Uncle. “Hey ‘Rena,” said the Avatar. He had been in his room with Katara; both of them were looking a tad...dishevled. “Hi Karena,” said the girl a bit breathlessly, smiling. Karena looked at the two and grinned, undestanding in her eyes. “Hello, you two,” she said with a chuckle. “What’s your problem, Zuko?” Karena snapped, mood swinging suddenly.

I had been staring at her since she walked in, unable to take my eyes off of her. How long had it been since I actually looked at my wife? I was filled with a longing I hadnt had in ages. I brushed it out of my mind at her words, bending to carry my four-year-old son. “Daddy, daddy!” he was saying.

“Hm?”
”Gran’uncle teacheded me to make fire in my hands!”
”Hm.”
”It was easy, an’ then Gran’uncle teachededme to fwing it in a circwe, wike, ‘wooooosh!”
“Uh-huh.”

Nikuro was silent, then squirmed out of my arms. I let him go, not giving it another thought until someone hit me. It was Karena, her eyes blazing. “What’s the matter with you?” she demanded. She looked around, making sure that Aang and Katara were gone. The two had retreated to their rooms (seperately) so Karena continued. “Your son was trying to tell you how he’s starting to learn to firebend, and you blew him off!” She rapped her knuckles on my head. “Did that fall make you stupid?” I said nothing, but rather, grabbed her wrist. “Hey,” she protested, “Let go and answer me!” I kept my silence, then led her to her empty study. Shutting the door behind us and locking it, I gathered Karena in my arms and kissed her, slowly and deeply. When I pulled away, she was staring at me, wonder in her eyes. “Z-Zuko?” she asked, uncertainly. “Shh,” I told her, kissing her neck. “Dont talk.”

Within seconds, she was fumbling at my belt as I tried to undo her shirt. I covered her in kisses, and she returned them, shaking a little. “I love you, ‘Rena,” I breathed.

“What?”

She pushed me away, stopping her quest to undo my shirt. “Huh?” I responded, confused. “What do you mean, ‘What?’?” Karena looked at me strangely. “Say that again.”

“Say what again?”
“Say what you said a little while ago. Say that again.”
“I said, ‘I love you, ‘Ren—“

I stopped. No. I thought numbly. wasnt a coincidence. Karena just stared. “Since when do you call me “’Rena”?” she asked.

“I dont,” I replied, shaking as I redid my belt. “I dont.” The mood was broken, and I wrenched open the door. Karena said nothing, and I stalked off.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 28, 2006 14:57:34 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 9, 2006 17:31:09 GMT -6

Okay guys! I've run into a bit o' writer's block, so please, post your reactions to the story! Remember, your replies have to be at least 200 characters long. Posts that say only, "this is good," or "cool," etc, will be deleted. Please use proper grammar as well.

If you dont know how to make your post 200 characters long, follow this guideline:

1. Overall reaction to the story so far?
2. Favorite part?
3. Least favorite part?
4. Where can I improve on my writing?
5. What aspect of writing do you think was really strong in the story so far?
6. How can I make my future stories better, in your opinion?
7. Anything else?

Thanks guys! Feed back is appreciated.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 9, 2006 19:01:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, so far, I think it's really intersting, and I like how you've got Karena down pretty good. I think you've done a pretty good job of getting what you're trying to get about the necklace. I don't really see anything that you need to improve, to be honest, but that's just me... Anyway, good job and keep up the good work!
This user is Mod
kemary
Jul 9, 2006 20:05:39 GMT -6

Post by kemary on Jul 9, 2006 20:05:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, I like it so far, it's an interesting concept to say the very least. Zuko suddenly becoming affectionate, its genius in its unexpectedness. You manage to keep Zuko in character, while making Iroh and Aang in character through him.... it's like you are making three characters at once, each with their own distinct personalities. It's great, and its too bad writer's block has to delay the story. Good job.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 26, 2006 12:12:00 GMT -6

At long last, the conclusion! It didnt turn out the way I wanted it, but Writers' Block is really a pain in the rear, y'know what I'm sayin'?

"Wishful Thinking"
(Part Four - Finale)

After a fitful night's sleep, I summoned everyone to my office — Aang, Katara, and Karena (she had slept in her study). They looked at me expectantly, eyes questioning. I decided to be blunt. Rubbing my hand against the back of my head, I told them, "The legend is true." Karena looked at her toes, while Aang and Katara just stood there, staring at me blankly. "The necklace?" I prompted, a tad annoyed. Understanding lit the waterbender's eyes, but Aang continued to stare quizically. Katara nudged him and murmered, "The one we gave to Karena." Aang finally got it. "You mean 'Rena got a wish?" he blurted out in astonishment. "What was it?"

Katara now looked at her toes; Karena turned her head and stared at the door. It appeared to me that neither were going to talk, so I answered the question. "Karena wished I were more like you and Uncle," I told him, bitterness creeping into my voice. "And it worked." Aang's jaw dropped. "You're kidding," he said loudly.

"Why dont you ask your girlfriend?" I said nastily, wondering briefly if Aang ever got nasty.

He looked at the braided brunette expectantly, and she gave the briefest of nods. Aang stared at her bowed head a while, then laughed humorlessly. "It's not so bad, being me and Iroh," he murmured.

"Oh?" I looked him in the eye. "Yesterday, I made oragami instead of working. Oragami. I just realized last night that the paper I used to make it was a bunch of important governmental proposals." He flinched. "And," I added, "I craved tea — and knew, somehow, what kind it was. I DONT EVEN LIKE TEA!" I flapped my arms in agitation. "What am I going to do?"

Silence.

Then Karena spoke, her lovely voice full of remorse. "I'm so sorry, Zuko," she murmured, raising her beautiful sepia eyes to my face. "I really am. I was just.... so frustrated..." A tear slipped from her eye. In seconds, I stood with my arms wrapped around her shoulders. Karena tensed, then returned my embrace. "It's ok," I lied, but my wife shook her head. "No, it's not," she insisted.

Thank goodness we agree on something.

"I dont even like the changes," she informed us, fiddling with the jade dragon pendent that still hung from the chain on her neck. Sunlight glistened off the stone, streaming in from the open windows. "Now it's too late..." Karena finished sadly.

"Maybe not," spoke Aang, a pensive look on his face. "The necklace was the trigger, right?" Maybe if it's destroyed, the spell will be too...even if it doesnt work," he added, " you'd be no worse off than you are now."

"It's worth a try," agreed Katara, smiling in relief.
"Sounds good," I concurred.
Karena nodded her assent.
"It's settled then. Let's go outside and crush this thing."

~*~*~

And crush it we did. Aang did some pretty awesome earthbending and shattered the jade dragon to pieces with a giant boulder. To be on the safe side, I kicked the chain into the air with my foot, sending scorching blasts of fire to melt it. That was the last thing I remember beofre darkness claimed me again.

~*~*~

I opened my eyes slowly, a headache pounding a dull tattoo on the back of my skull. Aang, Katara, and Karena's concerend faces swam in front of my face, melding with each other. "Whoa..." I murmured, blinking, "stop spinning." Karena grabbed my shoulders. "Are you okay?" she demanded, worry seeping through her angry facade. "I'm fine, Karena," I told her, sitting up slowly....then stopped. I had called her Karena. Tears once more filled my wife's eyes, this time, for joy. "Oh, Zuko..." she wrapped her arms 'round me. Feeling really awkward (ah, who knew I'd be relieved to feel awkward again?) I put my arms around her too, returning her embrace.

The Avatar grinned widely. "Welcome back, Zuko," he said, clapping me on the back. I glared at him, nostrils flaring. How dare he touch me ..... Then I smiled slightly, thanking him silently. Katara linked arms with the Avatar, and they both nodded their heads.

"Now, how about some breakfast?" I said. "I'm hungry."

~*~*~

And that is my tale. Believe it or not, it's up to you, but that's what happened. Be careful though. If you see a little old lady selling magical pendants on your travels, take it from me and find another way to get to your destination.

The End
[/u][/center][/color]
This user is Mod
suyami
Oct 27, 2006 17:16:43 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Oct 27, 2006 17:16:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow! That was really nice. I, personally, liked the Kataang references, but everything else was nice, too. I also liked the part where Zuko was overwhelmed with an urge for tea. Kind of a scary thought, thinking that Zuko would be more like Iroh........ All in all, good job!
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Oct 28, 2006 22:42:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Nice ending! The end was not quite what I expected, actually, I'm not quite sure what I expected, but it wasn't that. Maybe something... bigger and more dramatic. I don't know. Anyway, good story! Nice job, Katara!
This user is Mod
ashi
Nov 15, 2006 15:47:45 GMT -6

Post by ashi on Nov 15, 2006 15:47:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
wow. you are pretty good. i really liked how you described them prepairing for sex. but i still dont understand why zuko had to undo his shirt. thats nowhere near his place.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 4, 2006 23:38:34 GMT -6

....O_o....
Erm, how would you know? This story takes place four years after the show, and Zuko is much older now. He is also married, and has a kid (meaning he's had sex already!) Did you even read the whole thing? O_o
This user is Mod