The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Something has been bugging me...

Post by Gia on Nov 27, 2005 15:16:09 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ok, Kanea came over earlier today to watch some of the Avatar episodes that I have that she's missed, as I'm now caught up after Thursday's marathon. This has been bugging me for a while, and I told her about it, and she doesn't get it either.

Ok, here we go...

In the episode (17, I believe) "Northern Air Temple", Aang, Sokka, Katara, and Teo are in front of the door that ONLY Airbending can open, and Aang opens it, and there are the weapon's the Teo's father makes for the Fire Nation.

Now, here's what I'm confused about: ONLY Airbending can open that door, and there are appears to be no other way in our out of that room except for that door. So...

How in the hell did Teo's father get the weapons in there, if ONLY Airbending can open it, and Aang's the last airbender?
This user is Mod
homac
Nov 27, 2005 15:19:18 GMT -6

Post by homac on Nov 27, 2005 15:19:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Maybe he created a secret entrance? Like in his workshop, that trap door that allowed the Fire Nation commander to come in?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Nov 27, 2005 15:31:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
That's possible... See, this is why I made this thread, because there has to be some other way in... It was bugging me.
This user is Mod
jyscal
Nov 27, 2005 16:34:39 GMT -6

Post by jyscal on Nov 27, 2005 16:34:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Mabye it was made before the airbenders died? After all, it was in the air temple.
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 27, 2005 16:39:29 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 27, 2005 16:39:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Considerign how, he just blasted through Ais temple walls like they were cheap plywood, I woudn't be surprised if he didn't dig a back entrance or perhaps used air forced though pipes to enter the shrine... It could work.

Cursed little heathen. He derserves to get steam-blasted for his looting of the place, good goals or no.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Nov 27, 2005 16:54:57 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Jyscal - No, he said that when he found the place it was deserted.

Halaku - Yeah, that could work.
This user is Mod
bahk45
Nov 27, 2005 17:04:39 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Nov 27, 2005 17:04:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
LOL..I noticed the same exact thing. How in the hell did them weapons get in that room!?? Who knows...i think that was a major glitch with the storyboard people who writes the cartoon. But, hey, they had to think of something about Aang's old home, ya know? lol
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Nov 27, 2005 17:07:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, but I'm pretty much in agreement that he could have made a trap door to get in there, because he couldn't open the door.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 27, 2005 20:25:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 27, 2005 20:25:02 GMT -6

I thought that he had invented something like a fan.Or maybe he used some of the gas and found some way to blow it into the horns quick enough for the gas to enter and act just like air.

There are a lot of errors in AVATAR, but i enjoy it so then I can criticize the show ;D

But it sucks when it is some error in the plot
This user is a former member
katara
Jan 9, 2006 1:02:41 GMT -6

Post by katara on Jan 9, 2006 1:02:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Maybe there's a chance that he used some kind of wind device to use instead of airbending. Just a guess.
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 10, 2006 0:04:57 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 10, 2006 0:04:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Take an electic fan. Take a pipe, give it two bending branches, and turn on the fan. The resutl woudl be no different than airbending if you had enough airpressure. Badda bing...
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 10, 2006 0:13:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I wasn't aware that they had electricity in Avatar...
This user is Mod
blink
Jan 10, 2006 0:51:17 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 10, 2006 0:51:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It's called steam power and Avatar has it in spades. Run steam through a turbine and you could make a fan run at monstrous RPM even without electrisity.

And I swear I saw a compass on Zuko's ship. If they have compass techomlogy and steam power, all it takes is a momentum of inspiration to get electrisity...
This user is a guest