The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Anonymous
Sept 9, 2011 10:59:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 9, 2011 10:59:31 GMT -6

well, since K is here, K shall provide.
I do know that on the official RPing boards, you can't bust through time-space spectra and have your character in different places at once. I'm not sure if that's applicable to PMs or not, since no one else sees them. I would assume it wasn't, but I'm not sure how much of the PM stuff winds up being 'canonized' according to TARP, so I guess I'll wait on that one.

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Sept 9, 2011 14:03:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
To my knowledge, we have not discussed removing this rule. The Staff would have to get together and discuss any editing or removing of this rule as it is not something that we have considered removing. I don't think that we will change the way we do things, as it would be confusing for everyone if we have something done a certain way for our "unofficial" opening, and then change it for our general opening. I have seen other sites that allow you to RP in different threads with the same character provided you have the storyline straight in your head, but until you see otherwise, one thread per character, sorry. :)
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 9, 2011 14:06:57 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 9, 2011 14:06:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That's fine. Thanks for clearing that up =] I mean, I never really remember having a problem with it before, I was just wondering if it still applied or what.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Sept 9, 2011 14:16:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
No problem. Like I said, it hasn't really come up, but I don't see us really changing our ways too much. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 9, 2011 17:02:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 9, 2011 17:02:40 GMT -6

I hadn't suspected they had changed, and so this was more of verification.

granted, that's never been for stopping me having two simultaneous RPs via PM [/hurrdurr] since I'm not sure how official those RPs were and are. I don't think mine were/are of any consequence, since they weren't tied to canon other than one of my characters mentioning that she had no faith in the Avatar :B

but, contrary to popular belief, Tenoko *has* been wrong before... so correct me there if I am.
~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 10, 2011 4:30:56 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
In regards to the PMs that took place between our hiatus and now, those are "official" if you continued your storyline, as far as I'm concerned. Any RP done over PM to circumvent the whole "no liquid time" rule I have a harder time accepting - the staff would probably have to talk about that. Ultimately, the liquid time rule was in place because TARP's RP is very linear. Back when TARP first started, we didn't mind so much, but it wound up that storylines kept getting mixed up due to people not actually knowing when in the story things are taking place. The only time I would personally think that off-board RP would be if you were inclined to play a romance that exceeded our PG13 rating and had to take it off-site. though, that said, i hope no one PM RP'd things of this nature, as PMs still fall under the PG13 rule.

all in all, i think if you're circumventing the "no liquid time" rule it'll be harder to "marry" (so to speak) whatever you've RP'd into our timeline.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 10, 2011 10:22:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 10, 2011 10:22:04 GMT -6

nah, we kept things PG13.
the thing with all of my RPs is that none of them so far have any ties to canon characters or specific dates in a timeline. I suppose it's also possible to say that they were of no consequence; its not like any of them did anything that affected any other storyline, canon or not.
so I guess what I'm saying was that I wasn't even sure where in the timeline my RPs would fit anyways. We stuck to that general time period of course and I don't think we broke any rules, but I admit to kind of RPing more for the sake of RPing than for the actual plot, if that makes sense. *bows*

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 10, 2011 10:40:46 GMT -6

well, i'm not entirely sure what you're asking - are you asking if they can count anyway since they don't involve canon, or something else? if you're not sure where they take place in canon, i'm not entirely certain how we can say they can be considered 'official'.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 10, 2011 22:43:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 10, 2011 22:43:05 GMT -6

oh, I wasn't asking for 'official' status for them. as bastardly as it sounds, I admit that I'm more interested in simply RPing than having my characters make a mark in a canonical storyline. So I guess what I'm saying is that I just wanted to see if I could continue them without getting in trouble. ^^;

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 11, 2011 10:40:04 GMT -6

oh, i see, hahaha. xD okay. well, then that's fine, provided that anything that would exceed a pg13 rating (violence, romance, whatever) is taken off-site. if you want to start including them in the forum's "timeline", so to speak, send one of the staff a pm — other than that, if you're just having some fun RP for the sake of RPing, I don't see an issue.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 25, 2011 6:37:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 25, 2011 6:37:16 GMT -6

Say, once the new show starts, does that mean we can create our characters' descendants and make their upbringing in accordance to the gAang era characters' experiences ? That is their parents/grandparents' ? Like, for example, if Di-Jei has a granddaughter, will she be able to, let's say, own a hospital that's been built on the ruins of his former domain, and explain that her hospital specializes in techniques to heal skin injuries because of what her grandfather's been through ?... I know, it doesn't make sense that there'd be a hospital in the former Fire Nation *lol, it's not the only thing* that's just an example. On a side note, if Bumi's got great grand children, DIBS ! ^^ only joking.

EDIT: I just found a better example. Joychi's daughter - yeah, my guys are only getting little girls, that's settled - being a successful Bei Fong police officer because "her father was a hero in the Hundred Years War at Ba Sing Se". On another side note, does anyone want to RP with Bumi ?
Last edit by Deleted: Sept 25, 2011 6:49:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 25, 2011 14:54:28 GMT -6

again, it really depends on what we learn on the show. at this point in time, i don't see any issue with it.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 26, 2011 10:34:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 26, 2011 10:34:08 GMT -6

joychmi Avatar
On another side note, does anyone want to RP with Bumi ?

I thought I already was D:
...though that might have just been training. I honestly can't remember, as I believe it was short-lived.
though even if Tenoko is taken, I still have Zhin, who, the more I think of it, *would* be fun to use. :B
~Tenoko~
Last edit by Deleted: Sept 26, 2011 10:34:51 GMT -6
Anonymous
Sept 26, 2011 16:12:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 26, 2011 16:12:50 GMT -6

Well thank you for your answer, Kami.

Also Tenoko, your Zhin is already committed to the misdemeanor of my Agita. That post I made in the Fire Nation was for you. We used to be in the middle of RPG Training between Tenoko and Bumi but... I'm not sure I see the point of picking it up - not to mention Hinh and Tenoko are busy.

Who wants some Old People Company ?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 26, 2011 17:30:13 GMT -6

you're welcome. sorry i can't give anything more definitive at the moment - it really depends on what we learn about Korra's timeline and such. ^^ Also, histories are going to depend on what we learn as well, as some things may or may not be allowable, like last time.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 26, 2011 19:07:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 26, 2011 19:07:44 GMT -6

joychmi Avatar
Also Tenoko, your Zhin is already committed to the misdemeanor of my Agita. That post I made in the Fire Nation was for you.

OOOHHHHhh.....
I was expecting a PM... GOSH I'M STUPID. xB

so is the Hinh/Tenoko RP also picking back up in/on the boards, or was it still in PMs?
[sorry for the off-topicness, peoplez.]

~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Sept 28, 2011 15:57:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 28, 2011 15:57:23 GMT -6

Well that's not stupid, just... slow. And considering you noticed it only a day afterwards, it's not as slow as most people - such as me. Anywho, I think it might be easier to continue on the boards, although I gotta admit it's a lot more handy to go over pm since we can find the previous posts more easily. Then again, you can just scroll up and down in the thread, so... I don't know. Out of doubt, I made a post in the TTEK VI thread... I hadn't done that in a while.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 11, 2011 10:10:01 GMT -6

Just a reminder, since I've gotten a few PMs lately about this:

TARP is not officially open yet! As stated in the opening post:

• first, no new character profiles or forum accounts, with the exception of our BTT winners. Since this is an unofficial reopening (and in conjunction with another announcement later on in this post), we are going to be unable to review any new profiles, both OC and canon.

• second, RPs will not affect TARP's "ending"! This is critical. We have in the past given our RPers the freedom to influence the plot. However, certain canon events are set in stone, and while we will be making edits to said events to accommodate for our AU elements, we will be trying our best to bring TARP back to the canon ending of the series.

Please keep this in mind!

As far as updating for Korra, we recently found out that Korra may be delayed til 2012. Until this is confirmed or denied, our plans are on hold. If they are confirmed, we may change up our plans a little. We'll keep you all posted.
This user is Mod