The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[11.29 Update] Toph's Non-ATLA Art Thread

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 10, 2009 5:37:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
After three years, I figured it was time for a new thread. =P My old thread can be found here: KaToph's Old Art Thread 1.

About My Art:
Most of these will be signatures; some will be wallpapers, others will be hand-drawn, then scanned into the computer and finished digitally. My style varies on my mood, though most of my artwork is either Anime/Manga or video game-related.

Usage:
With the exception of wallpapers, none of my graphics can be used without my express written permission. If you see a graphic that you would like to use, please send me a PM and ask; keep in mind, asking does NOT guarantee that I will say 'yes'. With ALL art, do not rip [claim as your own], redistribute, edit, or use as an image base. Thanks! =]

Disclaimers & Credits:
For ALL my art, if it's fan art, or an image manipulation, no copyright infringement intended, and all characters that are not mine are © their respective owners. Unless otherwise indicated, all image cutouts [aka Renders] are from PlanetRenders, or Celestial Star; all brushes from deviantArt, Brusheezy, or Obsidian Dawn.

My most recent work:

This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 29, 2010 8:45:12 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 15, 2009 1:08:31 GMT -6

-sniff- No one loves me. T_T

I'm really not used to working with a light-coloured background for my sigs. =/

VERSION 1

VERSION 2

Thoughts?
This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Feb 15, 2009 1:28:56 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 15, 2009 1:28:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Let's-a see.

Perhaps I'm not the best critic of your work, as it tends to be a tad abstract and I tend to favor art that's less abstract, but here goes.

I've gotta say, the Talim sig is probably the best out of the bunch, but the top one is better than the bottom as the center tends to stick out more in that one. Out of the three featuring the woman with the parasol, I'd say the first is the best because the other two have a feature on the left side that make it look like it was chopped out of a larger sig.

Other than that, I may come back and comment when I'm not full of beer. :)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 16, 2009 9:24:18 GMT -6

=P thank you, Kai. Much obliged to your comments.

Another sig; bit of a new style for me, so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the finished piece... in either case, I had plenty of fun doing it and experimenting.

(made because my boyfriend hearts Mirror's Edge xD =3)

EDIT: Kai, the 'woman with the parasol' is Setsuna from SC IV. =P Just so you know. Guess you haven't played it or haven't unlocked her. =3
This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 16, 2009 9:25:07 GMT -6
Anonymous
Feb 16, 2009 11:45:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 16, 2009 11:45:45 GMT -6

Yay Faith! Sorry, I just really like Mirror's Edge. I like this sig a lot. Your artwork is amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is how Faith glows. It just doesn't make sense to me. Other than that, it's fabulous. Great job! :D
This user is a former member
hikaru
Feb 16, 2009 11:48:35 GMT -6

Post by hikaru on Feb 16, 2009 11:48:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd have to say my favorite one would be Cloud Strife, the second one. Great Job :)!!!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 16, 2009 15:38:11 GMT -6

Tenshio - Faith isn't glowing..? Thanks though!
Hikaru - thank you!

Oh yes, something I should mention. 300 character minimum doesn't apply, on the grounds that you say more than 'cool pic' or whatever. =]

EDIT: Here's version 2 of the "Have Faith" signature. [play on words ftw!]

This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 17, 2009 0:59:48 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 20, 2009 2:11:13 GMT -6

=[ no love? Some stuff. Thanks to B.B. Valentine for all the guidance and suggestions.

V4 is my favourite. =]
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 21, 2009 3:39:02 GMT -6

Collab with me an' B.B. Valentine. Gawd, I love this image of Faith from Mirror's Edge. xD

Original Collab

Version 2

Version 3

Version 4

Thoughts?
This user is Mod
kyozuki
Feb 21, 2009 17:15:18 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Feb 21, 2009 17:15:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*is envious*

One day, when I stop mucking around watching the original Transformers series, I'll get round to learning how to make signatures that professional....
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 23, 2009 7:12:13 GMT -6

lol, thanks, Kyozuki.

A sig I made for round one of the ProBoards Support Graphic Design Competition, 2009. My theme was 'life'. I suppose round one of a competition is a bad time to fiddle around with a new style and set of techniques... but, I was feeling ballsy. xD Enjoy.

This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 23, 2009 23:22:47 GMT -6

woo, icons. xD

=/
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 7, 2009 3:48:49 GMT -6

For the above competition, round 2.

This user is Mod
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 19, 2009 2:28:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 19, 2009 14:34:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 19, 2009 14:34:49 GMT -6

Whoa Katara-chan, you're work got even BETTER =]

Not that it wasn't AMAZING since I've met you but geeze, this stuff is incredible! I'm absolutely in love with that purple layout -drools- And your siggys are wonderful. I'm all about abstract stuff, and I've got to say you do abstract well =]

Of course I love those Disney avatars ( HUGE fan of Beauty and the Beast hahaha) And that car from cars looks sick ( as in good) xD

I just love you're artwork, and will continue to love whatever you do. Can't wait to see more =]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 19, 2009 15:06:31 GMT -6

Aw, thank you, Shuai! I'm glad you think I've improved. I've wondered a bit about it myself, but you've not seen my work for a while, so you've got a subjective opinion. ^^ Woo. Thank you, again, you know how much I love comments!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 20, 2009 3:51:29 GMT -6

new PBS worm images:
kamidraws.paul-shepherd.com/images/Other/PBSworm4/4-1.jpg
kamidraws.paul-shepherd.com/images/Other/PBSworm4/4-2.jpg

for the second, used a tut that was completely in spanish. xD also, paramore icon kick:

and "portfolio" for dA [same icons as above]:

and paramore image edits kick:
kamidraws.paul-shepherd.com/images/Other/purple.png
kamidraws.paul-shepherd.com/images/Other/josh1.png
kamidraws.paul-shepherd.com/images/Other/purple2.png
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 20, 2009 6:57:15 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 20, 2009 14:26:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2009 14:26:30 GMT -6

KAMI (I think I may call you that now since you're not Katara-chan) xD

I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK =]

Those Paramore icons just made my day! I absolutely love that band and I adore your artwork, but you know that already. I feel so repetitive =] The edits are pretty cool too. I like the green haired one, since green is my favorite color =] And the portfolio is SICK! You're just amazing =D

Shuai <3's Kami =]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 20, 2009 14:32:37 GMT -6

LOL! thanks Shuai-chan! And dude, feel free to call me Kami. =3 I've grown to love that nickname. ^^ I'm glad you like it... lol, I should give you a CT, "Toph's Ever Faithful Critiquer". xD

And, speaking of Paramore, I made a sig. xD
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 20, 2009 19:39:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2009 19:39:34 GMT -6

LOL! thanks Shuai-chan! And dude, feel free to call me Kami. =3 I've grown to love that nickname. ^^ I'm glad you like it... lol, I should give you a CT, "Toph's Ever Faithful Critiquer". xD

And, speaking of Paramore, I made a sig. xD

Haha that would be so awesome..... and

-FAINTS-

That is such an awesome siggy! -bows down to Kami- you're just.... GODDESS status right now xD I just love you're work. I'm not sure I have anything else to say but I will -drool- and constantly tell you how much I adore your work. =] Now I'm just rambling on -shuts mouth- I'll stop now (^v^)
Last edit by Deleted: May 20, 2009 19:41:12 GMT -6