The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Plotting Aspirations [Aspirant]

Anonymous
Oct 17, 2018 13:57:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 17, 2018 13:57:06 GMT -6

Character:

• Songin - A well-meaning Metalbending cop with a vengeful agenda and a ruthless drive.

Looking for:

• Earthbending tutor(s) [Would love to have a sand bender in particular!]
  • Airbender/Spiritual guide
  • A foil, rival, or quarry (Firebender or Nonbender preferable, but not required.)

Current Relationships:

• Zong Wu - Earthbending tutor [non-combat] (Seismic sense, sand movement, etc.)
  • Kioko - Unspecified (Foil?)

Available?: Yes

Character:

• N/a

Looking for:

• N/a

Current Relationships:

• N/a

Available?:  N/a

This user is a former member
Last edit: Oct 23, 2018 16:52:40 GMT -6 | Removed dashes to use horizontal rule, it broke mobile
Anonymous
Oct 17, 2018 15:32:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 17, 2018 15:32:23 GMT -6

Howdy!

My character @zongwu is an earthbending master, specialized in using bending for construction purposes, that might fill in the role as a tutor, though there are more aspects that I wish to say outright:

Wong Zu doesn't normally take up pupils just to teach them earthbending just for the art of it. He runs a construction company that takes on pupils with the caveat that they perform work for the company for X amount of time. Because your character is a police officer Wong would be open to tutoring him because he respects the police, so we can work around him teaching Songin more advanced and specialized techniques with the idea that it will be a benefit for the city. Zong Wu has a great respect for the police.

Then there is the given that kind of bending that Zong Wu teaches is rather specific: He doesn't teach a form of bending that is focused specifically on combat, but he can still teach certain useful techniques: He knows how to use Seismic sense with some proficiency, and this could be a useful skill to learn for a police officer. He also knows how to raise strong walls/structures of earth, or how to use earthbending to break open walls without much force or violence. He isn't a sandbender in the traditional sense, but he would know to to make holes in sand for the purpose of making foundation for buildings, so he can teach how to move sand, though again, not for combat.

It might not be the perfect fit for a Cop, but Zong Wu is respected enough in his skill that Songin could approach him regardless. Wu knows his stuff, even if it is focused for a specific goal.

I hope that I have explained enough for the moment, and I would love to hear your thoughts about it.
Anonymous
Oct 17, 2018 18:43:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 17, 2018 18:43:57 GMT -6

@zongwu those all sound like good fits! The only hurdle I foresee is them encountering one another. I see two plausible ways this could work right, either they have a prior relationship (perhaps Songin worked for Zong for some time in his early youth before he decided to jump for the police academy), and since Zong respects the force he might be inclined to show him a few things that could be useful for his future career, before he stopped officially working for him (and maybe afterward too?).

OR, Songin could assist Zong in some way as an officer of the law and develop a relationship from there, that could potentially lead to some mild tutoring as a result of the growth of the relationship between them.

What are your thoughts on this? :)
Anonymous
Oct 18, 2018 3:20:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2018 3:20:37 GMT -6

I would go with the second option in this case. Zong Wu was attacked once by a group of non-vender protestors during the equalist era, so that might be a good point that the two could have met as the police got involved afterwards. I am busy for the next two days,so if you want to start up a thread I can respond to it when I have time.

Either Songin asking for the lessons,or him having one of his first lessons, might be the best choice but I leave that up to you. What ever you think is the most interesting

Cheers!
Anonymous
Oct 18, 2018 19:23:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2018 19:23:02 GMT -6

@zebrilus That sounds good! What district would your company be most associated with?
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2018 11:25:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2018 11:25:06 GMT -6

The company mostly deals with infrastructure projects, so I would say that every district could be possible as long as it is not the temple district.  If I need to say one district where they are primarily working, then it is Shiyang.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 19, 2018 15:43:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
What district is Songin's regular beat? I feel like my would be a good match for him personality wise and as a nurse could have patched him up after a rough altercation or something. Kioko is stationed in Dragon Flats, though of course she travels the city as a whole in her personal life.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2018 20:31:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2018 20:31:17 GMT -6

@zebrilus Coolio! I'll have something up for us to do soon then :)

, I imagine he probably frequents the flats pretty often, since poverty and crime often exist side by side in most cases. Question, where would you personally say that criminal bending organizations such as the Agni Kai Triad would likely reside, the Dragon Flats, Market Borough, or Shiyang?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 20, 2018 0:14:33 GMT -6

aspirant Avatar
@zebrilus Coolio! I'll have something up for us to do soon then :)

, I imagine he probably frequents the flats pretty often, since poverty and crime often exist side by side in most cases. Question, where would you personally say that criminal bending organizations such as the Agni Kai Triad would likely reside, the Dragon Flats, Market Borough, or Shiyang?

Personally I think they’d be scattered because of territories — their activities would be wherever their territories are, and I don’t want to commit to a “canon” base for these three because it’ll wind up limiting how creative people can get (:
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 20, 2018 0:14:46 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 22, 2018 12:20:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 22, 2018 12:20:54 GMT -6

@zongwu Not sure if you got the tag or not, but I created us a thread here: link

Alright cool, would you mind maybe setting up a thread in one of those regions then? Doing some nurse-y duties, and out pops some criminals doing bad stuff, with Songin and some cops coming in to bust 'em up? Or something along those lines, if you'd prefer it could start it, but I feel it would flow better starting from your perspective.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 22, 2018 13:51:51 GMT -6

Sounds good! I'll post a thread once I get home from work (:
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 23, 2018 16:45:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 23, 2018 16:45:29 GMT -6

@aspirant: I saw it! Given it a reply now, was busy for a few days!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 24, 2018 17:06:53 GMT -6

@aspirant - Kioko at your service in Unlikely Bedfellows
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 25, 2018 23:32:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 25, 2018 23:32:33 GMT -6

I'm interested in playing in on this as well and I think our characters can become foils of each other very well. My guy  is a person that has little morals but an open mind. He is a troublemaker (which is not helped by the fact that some people in his circus have ties to disreputable faces). He believes that talent can show up anywhere, which is vital given his occupation. So be it bender or nonbender, he is very interested if they can showcase something that intrigues him.

They are complete opposites aside from their driven attitude. Focused and keen, I believe that they'd clash together well, especially since their motivations are extremely conflicting.

Other than that, I have an in-the-making character named Aweng Solsidado who, I believe, would also make a nice foil, if not better. He is approved to become the Head Honcho of crime in the city once he is out. I plan him to be very similar to your character in personality terms actually, especially since the evil he does is truly for good, which could really hit hard on both sides because of similarities of two people who have gone down extremely conflicting paths.
Anonymous
Oct 30, 2018 22:13:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 30, 2018 22:13:04 GMT -6

@lovecraft Good to see more interest in my character! (love the username, btw)

I'll take a more in-depth look at your character later, but I have a big test tomorrow and it's already very late for me atm. I'll get back to you as soon as I catch a moment of free time! :)
Anonymous
Oct 31, 2018 20:36:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2018 20:36:34 GMT -6

Thanks!

Alright then. Just note for all of the typos and mispelled words I made there. I use a phone with no autocorrect and I am an indecisive person that erases sentences and rebuilds them constantly without checking over them properly some times. I make a lot of mistakes in writibg.
Anonymous
Nov 1, 2018 18:52:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 1, 2018 18:52:31 GMT -6

@aspirant Alright, if you see this, I propose that your character is tracking down a suspect (not yet proven guilty) who is charged with the murder of three men at the cemetery. You can build upon that however you like but let us try to work it out together. The suspect works for Jyrell, my guy, in the circus as the person in charge of preparing the props such as chemicals to enhance fire, ice, ect. and will try to hide him from your guy.
Anonymous
Nov 7, 2018 8:11:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 7, 2018 8:11:28 GMT -6

@lovecraft That sounds cool! Do you mean in ghosts and ghouls or a separate thread? :)
Anonymous
Nov 8, 2018 6:27:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 8, 2018 6:27:44 GMT -6

@aspirant Separate thread, I mean.
Anonymous
Feb 3, 2019 21:27:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 3, 2019 21:27:12 GMT -6

Arata is the character

Just thought I might ask if that rival part is still open? Since my intent with Arata is to sort of have him act on a somewhat criminal/vigilante range. He is technically a fire bender but he wants to prove that nonbenders can be just as dangerous and useful as benders, his way of going about this just happens to be choosing to find situations where he can use his equipment and skills to sort of show up and sort of fix a situation without using his bending and hiding his identity to assist the concept that he's some non bender "helper" so to speak. He uses a lot of equipment to either mimic, counter, or assist him against benders.

In his real life he's a pro-bender and power wise is pretty average for it, relying primarily on his dedication to skill and physical superiority.