The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

TO PLOT OR NOT TO PLOT? DEFINITELY TO PLOT.

Anonymous
Sept 30, 2018 1:43:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 30, 2018 1:43:48 GMT -6

Jyrell Xiao Long   ACTIVE
Looking For: General Roleplays, Action,
Seeking: Seeking a Second-In-Command, A person who he'd find some interest in

A tall, corpe-skinned machiavellian who lives for the rush and actively seeks out trouble. Amoral, indiscrimate, driven and can be destructive if left unchecked-- he is the embodiment of fire as we know it. He is the Ring Leader for the Little Dragons Circus.

In Progress Threads: 
IN THE HEIGHTS
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 30, 2018 12:44:52 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hey hey, and welcome back :D Glad you could join us again!

isn't the same temperament as Jyrell, but being a nurse it seems like they might cross paths on occasion since he likes to get in a bit of trouble.  @grandma would probably come see the circus and is a bit of a firecracker herself. Let me know what you think!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 1, 2018 5:02:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2018 5:02:14 GMT -6

Thank you!

I'm okay with anyone really. I do find your character's Charumati and Grandma quite interesting. I can see the members of The Little Dragon's Circus being at the hospital often. Burns, bad bruises, broken bones and other injuries from performances could potentially be a reason for Kioko and Jyrell to meet.

Also, expect a new character some time. I'm planning for an Earthebender named Chiya who will be a Pro-Bender. I'll probably publish her profile after I go a few times using Jyrell.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 1, 2018 19:06:53 GMT -6

It’s your call if you want to RP with Charu, but I guarantee you that she would wind up kicking Jyrell’s butt. She is a seasoned warrior and has a good forty years of experience advantage and is a chi blocker — and she does not have any patience with people, especially benders, like him. It would definitely be an interesting thread, at least.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 1, 2018 19:07:12 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2018 3:54:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2018 3:54:14 GMT -6

I've been notorious for being a pain in the ass when it comes to fights with character's such as Jyrell not really fighting but 'playing' rather. He is more of an intellectual type in battle, which isn't very fitting of the Avatar theme but he's on the more creative and tactical side of battle nonetheless, opting to use dirty ticks and manuevers to win. He is based on my favorite villain, Hisoka, who does basically the same thing. Not the strongest, not the swiftest, but he always is thinking steps ahead of someone.

Granted, battle is not the way I'd like this to go. But more like an interview kind of thing. So Charu is an advice columnist right? (Do they do interviews? I'm not familiar with that type of job.) So in the entertainment business, there would probably be a greater number of successful Benders than nonbenders due to greater versatility and choices as well as being overall more appealing because of their flashiness. (is thaf a word?) So from what I'm envisioning, one would send Charu something about the preference of the public towards Bending Entertainers. It would probably go about if the Nonbenders are not as good as Bender Entertainers. Of course, Charu isn't in the entertainment business so she wouldn't know and go to interview one of the big shots in the business, Jyrell. Being a Reformist, is going to be an unbiased source of his story on how he had gotten to the top. 

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2018 10:03:54 GMT -6

Yeah, Charu is an advice columnist but that operates under a write-in sort of thing. Like, in more modern terms you would send her an email and her response would be published (along with your email) on her column page. Many advice columnists are anonymous and operate under pseudonyms, and Charu does too (hers is Rohana) — because of this, the only people who know her real identity are her editor, some of the newspaper staff, and the people who sign her paycheques. So, what I’m driving at is that unfortunately she would not do interviews and the encounter would basically have to be one of coincidence, and you wouldn’t be able to have Jyrell know that she writes an advice column.

If Charu is your character of choice for this RP (and tbh that’s fine with me, but be prepared for things to go south very quickly), the best situation I could suggest would be to have them meet either at the circus (Charu would definitely go) or a chance encounter at a shop or restaurant. I cannot, however, guarantee that the thread would be too long because either they would fight or Charu would leave so as to not draw attention to herself and jeopardise her alter ego.

That said I think Kioko would probably be the best fit if you wanted to build Jyrell’s relationship with someone. Kioko is a Reformist, but she is first and foremost a nurse so she has the best temperament and experience to be able to get along with Jyrell.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 2, 2018 10:06:03 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2018 13:55:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2018 13:55:28 GMT -6

I do plan on building friendships with Jyrell but not know. Jyrell is supposed to be a person with various targets on his head because of his tendency to get into trouble. I feel like the Black Lotus may add onto that eventually, whether or not they meet know or later or through the more public actions of Jyrell. Although a fight is not something I particularly want between them, I have no problem against that. I guess the Circus could work? 

Kioko seems nice and I hope to RP with her one day but Jyrell has trouble to stir on his checklist first.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2018 15:31:52 GMT -6

I just want to confirm really quick that you understand that both “Rohana” and “Black Lotus” are names that people do not know belong to Charu, and for Black Lotus in particular there would be zero mention of her unless the character were part of the Equalist movement. I’m pretty sure you get it, but I’ve had issues in the past with players assuming that the connection between Charumati’s real identity + her aliases was common knowledge.

I would be totally up for doing a thread where they meet at the circus — this would probably be the best idea, as Charu is more likely to disengage in a public location than she would be if there weren’t a lot of people around.

Do you want to start the thread, or should I?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 3, 2018 13:15:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 3, 2018 13:15:02 GMT -6

Yes, I'm sure of that. I may not be the most perceptive in reading but I got that one.

I'll start it. Give me a few hours. I'm busy.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 3, 2018 17:03:15 GMT -6

Hey, sorry if I sounded rude in any manner — it wasn’t my intent, I just wanted to double check since I’ve had problems in the past. My apologies for any annoyance I’ve caused!

Take your time with the thread, there is absolutely no rush whatsoever. Real life always comes first here on TARP (:
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 3, 2018 17:03:29 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 4, 2018 3:48:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 4, 2018 3:48:26 GMT -6

It's alright. I'm working on it now. Check the Dragon Flats in a while.