The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

backstory and heritage questions

Anonymous
Feb 2, 2017 23:37:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 2, 2017 23:37:30 GMT -6

okay, i have a character in mind that i've used for other A:tLA and LoK roleplays, but she was physically and mentally abused and has scars from such, but she's not a victim of sexual abuse, which is what the FAQ mentioned. 

another issue is she has two different bending parents, would it be possible for her to display both bending abilities if one of them was a lot weaker than the other? 
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 3, 2017 3:23:00 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hi there! First of all, thank you for asking questions, and for reading the rules and FAQ.

1. I am hesitant to allow this because being a PG site, we don't feel that violence of this manner (particularly towards young people, but anyone really), is a particularly pleasant topic and may affect guests and members browsing our posts. However, I would be willing to give this a trial run if you can keep it PG, fade to black before any explicit content, and provide appropriate trigger warnings before this type of content (for clarification: trigger warnings would only be required before your character touches on the subject, so if a post does not contain that a warning would not be needed). You are also free to PM myself or to run ideas by us before you post.

2. While I can recall no double-benders (for lack of a better word) by the end of Season 1, if you can demonstrate this occurring for a non-main character at any time before the end of S1 we will accept it. If not, you're free to make that suggestion for something we accept in the future, but I make no guarantees we will implant it — we may but it would depend entirely how the members choose to play out our plot.

I hope this addresses your questions! Please let me know if you have any follow up questions (:
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 3, 2017 3:44:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 3, 2017 3:44:59 GMT -6

yes, this clears up both my questions, thank you so much. And i promise to trigger my posts if her backstory comes up, as my character wouldn't be too keen on discussing it either.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 3, 2017 3:47:09 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Sounds good! I'll mark this as resolved, then. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have new questions, or to PM myself or if you need to follow up on these. (:
This user is Mod