The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

A Lesson for Two

Post by Charumati on May 8, 2017 13:13:41 GMT -6

Charumati Avatar
Nirav nodded, and Charumati breathed a sigh of relief. Spirituality was complex and she felt ill equipped to explain something she only half believed in. Their eerie abilities and faces aside, she had severe doubts that anyone was actually visited or touched by Koh.

Her eyes refocused when Nirav looked at her with concern and asked what she would do if the Monks tried to harm her. It was a genuine, honest question, and Charumati hid a smile. It was a sweet thought, but she answered gravely so as not to belittle Nirav's concern.

"I will stand for myself," she replied. "I can do more than what you have seen. I have trained and fought for many, many years, and I can also hide when I need to. I trained in the mountains and the deserts, and lived off the land."

Charumati allowed herself a small smile at this. "Not as well as you can, I am sure," she conceded, "but I am strong, and I am skilled. And I have allies hidden in the City. Do not worry for me, as much as you can."

She filed the conversation away in her head, to bring up again when Nirav had a better command of the common tongue. Koh was considered by most to be a malevolent entity, but it was more likely that he was simply chaotic and served his own ends. By Avatar Aang's own account, the Faceless One had aided him even as he tried to goad the young Avatar into showing emotion on his face. In truth, this is part of why she doubted that the Monks were truly in communication with Koh, at least now, as their outreach and good works seemed contrary to what the only surviving first-hand account of the Spirit conveyed. At the same time, it was also reassuring, as it just seemed unlikely the Spirit would give two figs of what was going on in the mortal world.

For now, however, she just patted Nirav's knee. "When we train here, I will ask the Monks to leave the area. We cannot train anywhere else, because then the Police will arrest us. Do you understand?" With a small smile she stood and extended her hand to help him up. "Let's go home, for now."

ooc; do you want to time jump to the latest event? we can gloss over training stuff and talk about it via PM
This user is from the EF