The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Issue with "hitbox" alignment

Anonymous
Jan 18, 2017 14:16:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 18, 2017 14:16:29 GMT -6

I've had a few issues lately with "hitboxes", for lack of a better word. Occasionally I have issues having my clicks register properly or perform the function they are supposed to. It appears to happen with most frequency when the desired click location is horizontally-aligned with the "Chat" button, leading me to believe that it might be causing some of the issues. Some examples:

• Clicking within text boxes (either preview or bbc) occasionally does not register. The pointer does not set to the location clicked as it normally would. This occasionally causes difficulties in editing text or highlighting portions of text.
  • Regular buttons for submitting posts, replying to posts, and selecting options sometimes won't register - the icon remains as a "pointer" instead of the "click hand"

This is especially noticeable when changing User CP settings. Again, I believe it may have something to do with the placement of the chat box, but I'm not sure.

[EDIT: As I wrote up this post and have been thinking it over, I'm becoming more and more certain that this issue has to do with the chat box. Incidentally, the "Submit Post"/"Create Thread"/etc. button happens to be placed exactly horizontal to the chat button when I'm fully scrolled down.]

Please let me know if you need more information or details. Thank you in advance!

This user is a former member
Last edit: Jan 19, 2017 9:28:19 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2017 1:52:11 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I've been experiencing this myself but wasn't able to pinpoint a cause as my laptop has exhibited this behaviour on other sites and in other programs as well. Thank you for your big report, I'll investigate in the morning and run a few tests!

EDIT: It is likely something to do with the CSS as it is set to overlap some elements and i may need to rethink how this is set up; there were issues regarding certain dropdown menus as well that were caused by the chat button placement so that is the most likely culprit at this point. I'll investigate more thoroughly tomorrow.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 19, 2017 1:54:47 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2017 9:30:57 GMT -6

@saypikapika - I have disabled the chatbox for the moment and it seems to have eliminated the issue on my end, how about yours?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 19, 2017 10:35:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 19, 2017 10:35:09 GMT -6

Hmm I'm not having any issues so far. I'll try a few more things (like editing user cp settings, etc) and let you know if encounter a problem.

Thank you again for your help!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2017 10:39:35 GMT -6

Sounds good. I'll leave this thread open until you report back. (: Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 19, 2017 11:42:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 19, 2017 11:42:54 GMT -6

Well, it looks like so far so good! I hate to say it was all the chatboxes fault, buuuut it might have been lol.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 19, 2017 11:58:52 GMT -6

lol I'll mark this as resolved then and go back to the drawing board with how to display a chat here on TARP. (: Thanks again!
This user is Mod