The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Post-A-Thought

Anonymous
Jan 20, 2017 7:32:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2017 7:32:10 GMT -6

Ok please remind me to never again to be in a position that I'm submitting a paper at 2am
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 20, 2017 7:32:37 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 21, 2017 13:06:17 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
option a: go to the kitchen, heat up leftovers, and watch a documentary
option b: stay put, be hungry, but also be super comfy.

decisions decisions...
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 24, 2017 18:11:47 GMT -6

i am SUPER tired holy heck.
being disabled sucks butt :<
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 25, 2017 4:57:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 25, 2017 4:57:48 GMT -6

i am SUPER tired holy heck.
being disabled sucks butt :<
:c -hugs if you want them-

Ok like I basically live with the fact that my surname gets misspelt all the time. But I have to admit ending up with my first name not being misspelt but ending up as a totally different name that'd not anything like the original name is a new one on me.

Post by Gia on Jan 25, 2017 17:11:11 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
starrypawz Avatar
Jan 25, 2017 4:57:48 GMT -6 @starrypawz said:
:c -hugs if you want them-

Ok like I basically live with the fact that my surname gets misspelt all the time. But I have to admit ending up with my first name not being misspelt but ending up as a totally different name that'd not anything like the original name is a new one on me.

I so know this feeling, only it's with both of my names. My first is constantly both misspelled and mispronounced to the point where I have literally stopped trying. I don't correct people unless they specifically ask me how it's pronounced. My last name isn't misspelled, but it's mispronounce quite often.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 26, 2017 1:44:11 GMT -6

so...exhausted...
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 5, 2017 18:38:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 5, 2017 18:38:57 GMT -6

SoOo a certain somebody just paid off the second of her student loans...... and it is awesome =] Two down, two to go! I'm pretty confident I'll be able to knock the last two down by summer, which will be a HUGE weight off of my chest.
Anonymous
Feb 11, 2017 14:11:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 11, 2017 14:11:02 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Feb 5, 2017 18:38:57 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
SoOo a certain somebody just paid off the second of her student loans...... and it is awesome =] Two down, two to go! I'm pretty confident I'll be able to knock the last two down by summer, which will be a HUGE weight off of my chest.

Yay!

And of course when I get the list for the research project presentations I have to be one of the last people to do it on the last day. I'm going to probably be half asleep by that point as is everyone else.

I don't want to have to stand up and bug my uni to give me money.
Anonymous
Feb 14, 2017 13:41:31 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Feb 14, 2017 13:41:31 GMT -6

Why does my brain want me to do weird things like eat leaves off the ground or open my car door on the highway?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 14, 2017 14:31:48 GMT -6

galaxy4314 Avatar
Why does my brain want me to do weird things like eat leaves off the ground or open my car door on the highway?

I actually have an answer! These are called 'intrusive thoughts' — thoughts that you know are a weird / unpleasant / not good idea, that wind up in your brain anyway. It's very common particularly for people who have OCD, but others can have them too (they just don't wind up becoming an obsession point like with people with OCD can do).

I sent off my first Professional Corporate Résumé today. I'm equal parts nervous about not getting the job AND getting the job.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 15, 2017 9:13:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 15, 2017 9:13:54 GMT -6

galaxy4314 Avatar
I actually have an answer! These are called 'intrusive thoughts' — thoughts that you know are a weird / unpleasant / not good idea, that wind up in your brain anyway. It's very common particularly for people who have OCD, but others can have them too (they just don't wind up becoming an obsession point like with people with OCD can do).

I sent off my first Professional Corporate Résumé today. I'm equal parts nervous about not getting the job AND getting the job.
ooooh good luck Kami!

Word of advice, don't become a post graduate student. There's a lot of paperwork.
I have never in my life been so stressed out over a form. 

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 15, 2017 17:29:34 GMT -6

I am doing a lot of crochet stuff today to combat anxiety. It's surprising how calming it is.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 17, 2017 16:01:00 GMT -6

I got the job (:
This user is Mod
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 18, 2017 1:25:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 18, 2017 1:25:29 GMT -6

Congrats, Kami!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 18, 2017 12:16:16 GMT -6

Thanks everyone! I start on Wednesday, so exciting!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 19, 2017 19:00:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 20, 2017 0:20:12 GMT -6

@saypikapika - thank you so much!

—-

slight problem: i keep falling asleep around 5 or 6 PM for a couple hours of naptime >.>;' i either need to sleep for longer somehow or take a nap earlier as i work from 4:30 - 8PM on wednesday >__<
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 18:09:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 18:09:22 GMT -6

slight problem: i keep falling asleep around 5 or 6 PM for a couple hours of naptime >.>;' i either need to sleep for longer somehow or take a nap earlier as i work from 4:30 - 8PM on wednesday >__<
While not the healthiest of choices, energy drinks will keep you up. Just dont chug them, if you take sips of them and give them a few minutes to kick in, they'll do the trick.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 21, 2017 18:24:51 GMT -6

galaxy4314 Avatar
While not the healthiest of choices, energy drinks will keep you up. Just dont chug them, if you take sips of them and give them a few minutes to kick in, they'll do the trick.

Thanks, but no-go. I have a history of heart problems and anxiety and stimulants aggravate that.
This user is Mod