The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Post-A-Thought

Post by Gia on Dec 20, 2016 16:53:57 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
About 27 hours until the concert. Woot! *happy dance*
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 21, 2016 15:40:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 21, 2016 15:40:48 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
About 27 hours until the concert. Woot! *happy dance*
Oooh what concert?

Also yay I managed to clean up half of my bedroom today and reclaim it from 'The Mess' like hey look I can walk to my bed without having to step over stuff and most of my clothes are actually put away.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Dec 21, 2016 20:02:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 21, 2016 20:02:41 GMT -6

Should I choose door 1 or door 2?
Anonymous
Dec 21, 2016 21:14:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 21, 2016 21:14:28 GMT -6

Always go with two.

Two is sexy. XD
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 21, 2016 21:15:20 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 22, 2016 4:42:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 22, 2016 4:42:32 GMT -6

Ok so there was a guy working in my local LIDL this morning who kinda looked and sounded suspiciously like Chris Hemsworth as he appears as Kevin in Ghostbusters

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 22, 2016 11:40:04 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I've been struggling w/ work issues so I thought Christmas was going to be very lean this year.
But thanks to the generosity of some friends and family, I was able to get some much needed stuff and splurge a lil! Amazon gift cards are wonderful things.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 22, 2016 11:52:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 22, 2016 11:52:25 GMT -6

I know I should be excited for Christmas, but having to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day really just makes me resent the holidays all together.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 22, 2016 12:04:34 GMT -6

tenshio Avatar
I know I should be excited for Christmas, but having to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day really just makes me resent the holidays all together.

Bleh, I'm sorry you have to do that :/ Is there any way to finagle your schedule for better hours on those days? When I worked retail I used to volunteer working holidays but would ask for specific times. I was more likely to get the hours I asked for and still be able to spend time w/ my family (eg: I'd work during the day of Christmas Eve and the eve of Christmas day).
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 22, 2016 12:22:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 22, 2016 12:22:30 GMT -6

Bleh, I'm sorry you have to do that :/ Is there any way to finagle your schedule for better hours on those days? When I worked retail I used to volunteer working holidays but would ask for specific times. I was more likely to get the hours I asked for and still be able to spend time w/ my family (eg: I'd work during the day of Christmas Eve and the eve of Christmas day).

My Christmas Eve schedule isn't too bad, but I'm working 'til 1 in the morning Christmas night. I'd much rather work in the morning, but no one wants to switch with me (understandably). I'll just have to deal with it, I suppose.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 22, 2016 13:37:03 GMT -6

tenshio Avatar
My Christmas Eve schedule isn't too bad, but I'm working 'til 1 in the morning Christmas night. I'd much rather work in the morning, but no one wants to switch with me (understandably). I'll just have to deal with it, I suppose.

Bleh I'm sorry to hear that :(
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 22, 2016 14:20:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 22, 2016 14:20:51 GMT -6

Working two jobs myself.

Full time warehouse, part time bookstore.

Always tired.

I work Christmas Eve, but I do have Christmas day off.

Post by Gia on Dec 22, 2016 14:34:46 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I work Christmas. Usually, I work Thanksgiving but I'm working with a new server this year, and he wanted it other way around. I got New Years Day off, though and that's the first time in years that's happened.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 22, 2016 20:20:34 GMT -6

I feel really bad for this Jinx I just laned against.

My lane partner decided to go Kennen for some reason instead of an adc and I played Soraka; Jinx's Lux support died at level 1 then rage quit. Kennen was inebriated and was no help to me.

Somehow I managed to continuously kill Jinx when we 1v1 and I wound up 5/2/9 with an S-.

:X

Watch literally no one get this post lmfao.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 22, 2016 20:20:53 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 23, 2016 7:52:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2016 7:52:16 GMT -6

Sounds kinda like me and some of my rp buddies when we start talking about wrestling using industry terms. If you are not in on the content or lingo you have no idea what we're talking about.

Gimmick.
Gig.
Getting over.
Doing the job.
Jobbing out.
Carpenter.
Taking a bump.
Midcard.
Stiff worker.
Getting potatoed.
Selling.

That's just a small number of terminologies that mean all sorts of things in pro wrestling, that when blogged or used in conversation can be confusing to read or hear.
Anonymous
Dec 23, 2016 11:06:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2016 11:06:35 GMT -6

So I just got my first Christmas gift - from my bosses, total bolt out of the blue. And it comes in the form of 100 assorted K-cups. Might be bad for the environment, but heck if it isn't good for my soul omg

EDIT: OMG they just said, "basically since nobody's getting anything done today anyway why don't you take the rest of the day off and go shopping or something" lol
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 23, 2016 11:25:06 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 23, 2016 11:39:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2016 11:39:30 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Dec 23, 2016 11:06:35 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
So I just got my first Christmas gift - from my bosses, total bolt out of the blue. And it comes in the form of 100 assorted K-cups. Might be bad for the environment, but heck if it isn't good for my soul omg

EDIT: OMG they just said, "basically since nobody's getting anything done today anyway why don't you take the rest of the day off and go shopping or something" lol
Ooh nice.

Minor thing, but agh I wish it wasn't so commonplace to ask things like 'So do you have a boyfriend?'Like it was someone I knew and they were doing as like casual conversation but still.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 23, 2016 12:07:33 GMT -6

@saypikapika - can i come work for your bosses too? lmao

—-

so i got a bunch of gift cards / xmas money this year and my orders from amazon and etsy are starting to roll in. i was going to quip something like 'i'm like a kid on christmas' but.... that's not that clever this time of year.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 24, 2016 0:01:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 24, 2016 0:01:35 GMT -6

- no, cause then they'll replace me with you lol.

I am up so so late omg. I feel like how is it that, even when I have a pretty darn strict and regular schedule of waking up super early, it's still stupid easy to stay up all night?? Is it possible to be an early bird and a night owl at the same time and not want to be either??

(Like, $10 says I wake up in a few hours to keep up with my internal clock.)

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 24, 2016 1:53:47 GMT -6

@ruckus - i understood some of that! is a big pro wrestling fan and has been teaching me some stuff :>
This user is Mod