The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Penny for Your Plots [Updated April 14 2017]

Anonymous
Nov 10, 2016 13:49:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 10, 2016 13:49:06 GMT -6

Johar | Profile

Johar is a 22 year old nonbender who currently runs a combination tea shop and clinic in one of Republic City's poorer neighborhoods. He specializes in herbal medicine, and is a good guy to talk to if you're into horticulture. Johar's pretty quiet, and prefers to listen rather than speak. He's very much a pacifist, and will seek to avoid any and all conflict. He tries to get along with everyone he meets, to spread kindness wherever he goes. I'm looking for pretty much anything for him.

Current Threads:
Fixing What's Broken
A Ruined Evening
The Other Side

Finished Threads:
In Search of Wisdom
Reach Out
Love and Loss
A New Leaf

Jia | Profile

Jia is a 30 year old Earthbender who works at the Republic City docks loading and unloading shipments. When she's not working, she can usually be found in a tavern getting drunk, gambling, or looking for a pretty girl to smooch (sometimes all three at the same time). She also participates in an underground dock worker fighting ring, though that's a secret. Jia is boisterous, and entirely unafraid to tell you what she thinks of you. She will pick a fight with those she disagrees with, not out of malice but more just to burn off some energy. I'm not looking for anything in particular for her.

Current Threads:
Every Turn a Surprise

Finished Threads:
A Hard Day's Night
Fortune's Favour in the New Year
Ringing in the New Year

Bo | Profile

Bo is a 24 year old Firebender who has a job at a Future Industries factory and also is on a Probending team, the Iguana Parrots. In his free time, he also enjoys classical dancing, which he's been practicing for most of his life. Bo is gruff around strangers, and his temper is quick to flare up if he's provoked. He likes to keep everyone at arm's length, and takes some time to warm up to new people. He doesn't have many friends outside of his Probending teammates, so I'd like to get him at least one, someone who can make him a bit less of a grump. I'm open to romance for him, but not actively seeking it out at the moment.

Please note: Bo is a transgender man. Anyone playing with him should be aware of and respectful of that.

Current Threads:
Searching, Searching

Finished Threads:
Wet and Woebegone

Katsumi | Profile

Katsumi is a 24 year old Waterbender currently working as a dancer in a saloon known as the Golden Fan. When not working, she's usually enjoying some hard-earned solitude at home with a book, though she can occasionally be found wandering the city looking for adventure. Her work as a source of titillation has cultivated in her an excessive amount of patience. Catch her at the end of a long shift and she might be a bit short with you, but otherwise she makes for a good listener. She is, generally speaking, more at ease around women, since the men who frequent the Golden Fan are not always the most respectful sort. I'm open to pretty much anything for Katsumi.

Current Threads:
Out on the Town

Finished Threads:
Catching up over Cocktails
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: May 6, 2017 23:56:08 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 10, 2016 21:30:19 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I haven't posted her profile yet but I will soon — how would you feel about RPing with a non-bender, trans woman, Air Acolyte?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 10, 2016 22:00:57 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Nov 10, 2016 22:00:57 GMT -6

That sounds delightful. Let's do it. I'll keep an eye out for her profile.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 10, 2016 22:27:01 GMT -6

Great! I'll be posting her profile tomorrow (:
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 11, 2016 17:15:39 GMT -6

Ren's profile has been approved — would you mind RPing outside of the city? She's currently in some unspecified town in the greater United Republic area.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 11, 2016 17:59:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 11, 2016 17:59:53 GMT -6

I'm fine with that. You have anything specific in mind?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 11, 2016 18:35:37 GMT -6

Great! And hm. Perhaps he is currently outside of the city to find something either relating to horticulture or tea, and Ren happens to be there? She is a great one for learning / reading — perhaps meeting at a book shop that has a rare edition, or something to that effect? Perhaps they could be going for the same book?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 12, 2016 3:06:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 12, 2016 3:06:29 GMT -6

Ooh, I like the idea of them clashing over a book. Let's do it. Would you like to start, or should I?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 12, 2016 6:44:01 GMT -6

It is faster for me to reply to threads than start them! I would appreciate if you could. (:
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 12, 2016 11:18:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 12, 2016 11:18:02 GMT -6

I've started the thread in the United Republic section.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 12, 2016 12:14:40 GMT -6

Awesome! Sorry for the long post, apparently Ren is feeling chatty today. >_>
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 12, 2016 12:27:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 12, 2016 12:27:55 GMT -6

It's fine! I'll take posts of whatever length you feel like writing.
Anonymous
Nov 17, 2016 17:42:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 17, 2016 17:42:17 GMT -6

I would quite enjoy setting up some interaction between Michi and Jia? I feel like they would get along like a house on fire, possibly literally.
Anonymous
Nov 18, 2016 1:55:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 18, 2016 1:55:56 GMT -6

You know, I've been thinking the same thing. We should absolutely try that, see what kind of sparks fly.
Anonymous
Nov 19, 2016 19:25:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 19, 2016 19:25:14 GMT -6

Great! I'm thinking they'd either meet during some kind of political demonstration - a march or strike at the docks perhaps - or just run into each other at a bar or club. Possibly both - they might hit it off at the bar and agree to meet at a demo, or conversely run into each other at a demo and then recognise each other later on. I guess the other possibility is Jia's fight club, but Michi's not so likely to be there.

(Also I'm not sure when we decide we have enough to start a thread.)
Anonymous
Nov 19, 2016 20:16:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 19, 2016 20:16:24 GMT -6

I like the idea of them meeting at a demonstration, and then recognizing each other later in a bar. Let's go with that. Would you like to start, or should I?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2016 0:23:11 GMT -6

sorry sorry i'm wrapping up pokémon i have not forgotten our thread ;x forgive meeeeeee
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2016 13:29:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2016 13:29:15 GMT -6

I've got some ideas so I'll start a Michi+Jia thread in a sec!
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2016 18:33:22 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2016 18:33:22 GMT -6

Kami- It's cool. If I weren't working all this week I'd be playing it too.

canmom- Sounds good. I'll keep a lookout for it!
Anonymous
Jan 20, 2017 2:08:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2017 2:08:08 GMT -6

Updated to include recent threads and to add my character Bo to the list.