The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Plotting with Gia [Updated 10.4.17]

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 19:30:11 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Also, please check out the Wanted thread. Thanks.

Ren'ai :: Profile
Looking For: Anything; Romance

Ren'ai is a 19-year-old Firebender. She's a waitress at Watashi's Restaurant, and Captain of the Dragon Hawks. She's usually pretty busy between working and training, but she'll make time for other people. She's not the easiest person to get along with, as she's very hotheaded, and tends to take out her frustrations on the people around her. She is looking to date again, too.

Current Threads: Are We Clicking Yet? [Tag: Yuri, Mitsuko]
Finished Threads: This Time for Sure [OPEN], Girls Day Out (with Yuri), Training Day [Tag: Dharini]

Ichiro Watashi :: Profile
Looking For: Anything; Romance

Ichiro is a twenty-one-year-old Waterbender. When he's not working, he's training, so he is a bit of a workaholic. He will make time for people, though. I'm really looking for a boyfriend for him. He's very easy going, only getting upset when he feels he's being ignored or slighted. He's also a pretty big Probending fan. He is the General Manager of his family's restaurant, Watashi's Restaurant after his father got his grandfather to agree to open a second, newer location across town. He also wants to date again, because it's been a while, but has trouble taking time off to meet people.

Current Threads:
Finished Threads: Dinner and a Snowstorm (with Taizen}, A Well-Brewed Tea (with Mei Ling)

Akane :: Profile
Looking For: Anything [Romance Taken]

Akane is a twenty-year-old Waterbender, and also a Probender. She is on a Probending team called the Iguana Parrots. She can be a people person, and also independent and outspoken. She works as a secretary part-time at the newspaper in the Probending department. She is also dating a fellow Probender named Yuri. She spends most of her time working, training, or spending it with her girlfriend.

Current Threads: A Special Night? [Tag: Yuri]
Finished Threads: Searching, Searching [Tag: Bo], Wet and Woebegone (With Bo), Lunch of Death [Tag: Charumati]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 16, 2017 12:01:31 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 19:46:06 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Charu is so antibender BUT she puts on a good face in public. Maybe one of your characters can be a fan of her advice column, 'Dear Rohana'? Could have a chance meeting, maybe they overhear her mention her column and they put two and two together.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 8, 2016 19:46:41 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 19:53:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, that could work. Or some chance meeting in the restaurant? Two of them work there, or something else random with Akane?
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 19:58:30 GMT -6

A restaurant is not out of the question, necessarily, but Charu wouldn't disrupt anyone while they were working.

Where does Akane work as a secretary? Meeting her over business stuff would be a more likely way to get Charu to talk.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 20:03:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Actually, I have no idea lol. I just said secretary/receptionist and I couldn't think of a place so yeah...
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 20:10:26 GMT -6

Hahaha. xD How about she works at the newspaper? She could be the secretary to one of the editors or something? Preferably a different department from Charu since she reports directly to her editor.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 20:13:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sure, that's a good idea! Maybe the probending department? Um, we can always do something as to like they are both having lunch at the same time or something?
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 20:23:32 GMT -6

Ooh yeah I can imagine the newspaper has a department dedicated to probending. A lunchtime encounter sounds good — maybe there's a cafeteria and they both reach for the last of a dessert? Akane will probably have to invite Charu to join her as she won't actually do it unless she's asked.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 8, 2016 20:23:56 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 20:31:56 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, that's a good idea. That will work, I think. Do you want to set us up or should I?
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 20:41:17 GMT -6

I'm too stressed rn to think of a good start so it'll be better if I have something to work off of. <3
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 8, 2016 20:53:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
kk I'll get it up soon
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 9:59:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 9:59:47 GMT -6

Hey, Gia, I was wondering if you'd be interested in RPing with Mei Ling. While she isn't a pro-bender herself, Mei Ling's older brother was once before he went missing. From what the profiles say, it sounds like they might have been in the city during the time of his disappearance, so she might try speaking to one or all of your characters at one point or another. They don't necessarily have to know anything specific (though if you want them to, I'm down to help hammer out details!) but it could still be an opportunity to get to know them and get a conversation going.

Any thoughts or interest? I think Mei Ling might have a hard time getting along with Ren'ai, but that might make it more fun! I'm open for a plot with any three of your characters if you are - if not now, then perhaps in the future. What do you think?
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Nov 9, 2016 10:11:46 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm up for anything. I don't think I'll have them know anything, but we can still RP nonetheless. Any ideas on where you want this to happen?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 10:34:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 10:34:54 GMT -6

Sounds like a plan! I figure it would probably be within city limits. I'm not too picky, but I'd prefer not the pro-bending arena itself if possible. Perhaps Republic City Park or any random tea shop, or even Ichiro's restaurant, if you'd like to post with him. Mei Ling goes everywhere when she's not working, so perhaps an evening or weekend setting?

Post by Gia on Nov 9, 2016 10:39:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ichiro and Ren'ai are not likely to go to a teashop, but either would be at the park. Ichiro also frequents bookstores, as well, and yes, the restaurant is an easy way to get talking to either of them, especially Ichiro as he is the Manager. How about you start the thread and I'll work with whatever? I'm kind of leaning towards Ichiro at the moment, but if you prefer Ren'ai, I can work with that. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 10:46:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 10:46:33 GMT -6

Sounds good, and will do! I should have the thread up sometime today, but since I'm technically at work it might be a little bit. I'll let you know when it's ready - I'll probably get it set up for Ichiro if that's okay.

Post by Gia on Nov 9, 2016 11:15:20 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
That is perfectly okay with me. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 11:59:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 11:59:18 GMT -6

Okay, it's ready to go - I hope the length is okay. I promise that upcoming posts will not be as long XP

Post by Gia on Nov 9, 2016 12:00:12 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The length is just fine. Length doesn't bother me. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 12:08:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 12:08:22 GMT -6

Okay - I used to get burnt out trying to out-length my partner (silly in retrospect, but I had too much time on my hands), so I'm trying to avoid that this time around! If anything is off or if you need anything adjusted, please feel free to let me know!