The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Multiple Account Interface and Functions

Anonymous
Nov 8, 2016 11:54:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 8, 2016 11:54:16 GMT -6

I found a few things that weren't on the bug list and may be a coding issue or a proboards issue, or neither, but I'm not sure which.  Here's what I have:

• "Switch" icon in user control panel: directs to a 404 page [edit: "We couldn't find the page you are trying to access"].  After comparing with the Proboards interface in the lower right hand corner (on desktop, not sure about mobile), there appears to be a difference in the URL.  The user control has the address "theavatarrp.com/select/login/#", and the proboards control reads "login.proboards.com/select/login/#".  Not sure if it makes a difference. The Proboards interface switches between accounts without issue.
  • Linked accounts simultaneously appear online: again, I'm not sure whether this is actually an issue, or a Proboards feature, or literally just me.  After creating a character account linked to the OOC account, I saw both accounts were listed as "online".  While this isn't specifically a "problem" (and it's easily modified by changing the "display online" setting in one or both accounts), it could cause some confusion in the long run.  [edit: after seeing other users with multiple accounts online (with only one account visible as online), I'm wondering if it really isn't just me seeing this.]
  • OOC account signature: I have recently changed the signature for my OOC account, but I don't see it on the posts made before the signature was changed and saved. [edit: After posting this particular thread, I still do not see a signature applied to my own posts, including this one, which was posted after saving a signature.]  I have the "view signatures" setting enabled on this account, and can see other user account signatures, but not my own. I also cannot see the OOC account signature when logged in as my character account.  If you see it, please let me know.

That's all I have for now.  I hope this format is acceptable for reporting these sorts of things.  Please let me know if you need more information from my end or if this thread should be framed differently.

Thank you in advance for the help!
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 8, 2016 13:17:37 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 15:30:52 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hiya,

1. Thank you for bringing the account switch issue to my attention. That was a coding mistake on my part and I will rectify it as soon as I am done replying here.

2. Yes, linked accounts simultaneously appear online. I cannot change this — on ProBoards' end, accounts remain "logged in" for ten minutes after logging out, so once you switch you will still see the previous account for a little while. I know this is a little confusing but it's set server-side so I can't do anything about it. ^^;'

3. Signatures are set to display only for OOC accounts (which, incidentally, the staff accounts also are). I changed your account group to 'OOC account' before I replied to this and the signature is still not displaying, even though mine is, so I'll double check my coding again. (:

Thanks for bringing these items to my attention.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 8, 2016 16:03:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 8, 2016 16:03:49 GMT -6

Thank you for the quick reply! I'll let you know if I notice anything odd with the "switch" icon, and as of right now I can indeed see my signature. As for the accounts appearing online, it makes sense even if I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least I'm not seeing double for no reason lol. I appreciate the help!

[edit: currently I can't see your signature anymore? Not sure if that's only on my end...]
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 8, 2016 16:05:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 16:16:01 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Yeah sorry about that! I was testing the signatures, but I realised that the post example I was looking at was not part of the OOC Account member group which is why what I thought was going to work didn't actually work — I mean, it did, but I was just looking at the wrong thing. It's been a long few weeks coding wise, haha.

And yeah, I am a little frustrated by accounts not going offline as soon as they are switched / logged out (it makes trying to catch someone for a ~staff PM~ a pain) but it's out of my hands.

I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. Feel free to make a new topic if you encounter further issues (:
This user is Mod