The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

003. Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Mod Squad on Sept 26, 2013 17:03:59 GMT -6

Mod Squad Avatar
frequently asked
last updated 12.04.2013

character applications:
Q:How long do I have to wait for my app to be reviewed?
A:Generally speaking, please allow between 24 and 48 hours for approval, Monday through Thursday. Applications posted Friday through saturday will be reviewed the following Monday.

Q:How do I know my app is being reviewed by a moderator?
A:Your thread title will be changed to included (P - Moderator's Name) when your application is being looked over. You will receive a PM from a moderator after this appears. Please do not add in a moderator's name yourself.

Q:Where is the app template, and where do I post it?
A:The template is in the Pending Character Applications board, in the "Application Rules & Template" sticky. You post your character application in this board as well, by creating a new thread.

character creation:
Q:Can my character be part of the military?
A:Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes, but keep in mind there have been eighty years of peace between AtLA and LoK. If you decide to create a military character please be reasonable regarding their age and rank. Also, keep in mind that active-duty military characters may be less likely to associate with civilians.

Q:Can my character be really powerful / rich / important / famous / etc ?
A:We are looking for everyday citizens of Republic CIty. If your character has traits that seem similar or comparable to canon characters' or alter the balance of the setting, it will automatically be sent back.

Q:Can my Galgori character be young and traditionally trained in Galgori ways?
A:No. In order to be traditionally raised to Galgori standards, your character must be no younger than forty years old. This is, however, still fairly young, and will need a good explanation. Please post in the Galgori thread if you have further questions.

Q:Does TARP have any permanent character restrictions?
A:Yes. Remember, we are looking for everyday citizens. If a character app includes any of these elements it will automatically be sent back. Please do not attempt to exploit any loopholes in this list. TARP does not accept:

• Prodigies
  • Blood bending, non-police metalbending, airbenders (non-airbending air acolytes are accepted)
  • Special snowflake / lore-breaking characters
  • Connection to the Spirit World / spirits
  • "Naturally occurring" unnatural hair colour as dictated by the show
  • "Naturally occurring" unnatural eye colour as dictated by the show
    note: TARP requires benders to take on the eye colour of their element (eg: gold / orange for firebenders), even if they are mixed-heritage
  • Characters with tattoos.
Please be sure to also check the Banned & Wanted list for any temporary restrictions.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 26, 2013 1:15:15 GMT -6