The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kami!Plots

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 2, 2012 17:48:53 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Please reply in this thread! I get a lot of PMs, as you might be able to imagine, so things may get lost in the shuffle (to illustrate, I have almost four thousand PMs in my inbox, and I get about 20 a week on average).

I'm looking for a couple of RPs to fill up my free time.

Ling | Profile | Status: OPEN | RP Count: 2 Closed, 0 Open

Ling is a fun-loving, talented gambler with a penchant for intrigue. She is an aspiring detective, along with her sister Mei-zhen, who she adores and would do almost anything for. She's easy going, and is often found at the Golden Fan Saloon. I'm open for any type of RP with her, though lighthearted ones are best. Open for a romance with another female character.

Current Thread Tracker: One Yuan at a Time
Completed Threads: Moving On, Long Day

Hoshi | Profile | Status: OPEN | RP Count: 1 Closed, 0 Open

Hoshi is the owner-to-be of somewhat popular tea shop, The Lotus Café. She is a motherly, mostly lady-like average earthbender with a love of Probending and a certain Tahno. She is NOT open for any romances.

Current Thread Tracker: Picking Up The Pieces
Completed Threads:

Ren | Profile | Status: OPEN | RP Count: 1 Closed, 0 Open, 1 Practice

Ren is a introverted, book-loving Air Acolyte. Her situation is a little unique as a trans woman, and she is relatively sensitive to it being called into light. I'm open for any RPs with Ren, though she tends to stay away from more boisterous locations. She is NOT open for any romances.

Current Thread Tracker: Cold Fusion
Completed Threads: Stability, Ming's Bookstore (Practice), Unintended Consequences

Rohana | Profile | Status: OPEN | RP Count: 0 Closed, 0 Open

A serious, justice-driven agony aunt for The Republic Times, Rohana's Galgori heritage is known only to a handful of her Equalist fellows by rumour. Time has been kind to her, and her fifty two years has shown her a lot about training, fighting, and the injustices her non-bending brethren receive at the hands of benders. Rohana could be described as a "girly girl" in terms of her manner of dress and personal interests, but her serious and sometimes severe expression, as well as her muscular build often (incorrectly) suggest otherwise. I am open to a variety of RPs for Rohana, though she will express little interest in things like probending. I'd like for her to make some sort of friend, especially with older characters (non-benders would be best). She is NOT open for any romances.

Current Thread Tracker:
Completed Threads:

Nagisa | Profile | Status: OPEN | RP Count: 2 Closed, 0 Open

A sweet, childish-looking young man, Nagisa works as a decently popular host in the Republic City Host Club. He's usually kind and caring, but can get incredibly spiteful if he thinks he's been wronged. He has a very outgoing personality, and loves to have fun. I'm open for any kind of RP with Nagisa, really, including romance (though I'm not sure he'd be really good at committing, so we'd have to play that by ear).

Current Thread Tracker: Dear Lover
Completed Threads: Story of My Life, Previous Occupation: Extra-Legal Facilitator (Practice), Nickels & Dimes, The Ballad of a Lonely Man, Shirts, Shoes, Skirts, Oh My!, Don't Take Me for Granted
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 15, 2013 15:24:33 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 27, 2013 2:40:03 GMT -6

Heyo, all my characters are open for playing. Who wants in?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 1, 2013 16:19:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2013 16:19:58 GMT -6

Hellooooooooooooo I totally want to play Hyuk-jae with Nagisa.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 1, 2013 16:23:10 GMT -6

WELL COME ON DOWN, do you want to play at the host club or elsewhere?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 1, 2013 16:28:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2013 16:28:24 GMT -6

Elsewhere, I can't imagine Hyuk-jae would wander into a host club of his own volition. We can privately discuss where and how to work this out!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 1, 2013 16:28:59 GMT -6

Sounds good to me!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 29, 2013 8:37:05 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 23:41:05 GMT -6

Heyooooo~ I'd really love an RP with Rohana, where all my Equalists at? D':
(also, plots & threads updated)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 22, 2013 23:41:17 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 26, 2013 0:31:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 26, 2013 0:31:07 GMT -6

Oh, I'd definitely be interested in an RP with Ren. I identify as agender IRL (and I imagine that will probably bleed into my character since she's basically me - I only put her at female because agender's difficult for most people to understand in my experience, and I'm slightly more feminine than masculine regardless of my identity), and IRL I've honestly spent some time bouncing between (and identifying and living as) both genders a bit before I finally just decided to give up and stay somewhere in the middle, so I can definitely relate.

I think probably the only thing that would have kept Khala from having the same gender issues I had is that genders don't seem to be as differently socialized within the Air Acolytes as they are in the real world. There's male and female areas of the temples, but the clothing seems to be generally unisex, and both genders seem to be treated equally in training and study. So I think she'd probably relate to Ren's dissatisfaction with her own body, but just have less strong feelings about changing anything, content to "just be her."

And they're both air acolytes, so it seems like it'd be really easy for them to meet.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 26, 2013 1:26:35 GMT -6

OH THAT WOULD BE LOVELY. Ren's feeling pretty lonely at the temple, she spends most of her non-acolyte time on the mainland with her police officer boyfriend, and it would be so nice for her to make a friend on the island, especially someone with non-binary gender ID! I think we should go slow with outing her though, since she is not very eager to have it come into light (though she is male-bodied). For reference, here is what she looks like: 24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5m8jfbTNy1qjxaufo1_1280.png
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 26, 2013 1:30:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 26, 2013 1:30:46 GMT -6

No worries. Even if it's very obvious she's transgendered, Khala wouldn't say anything about it unless Ren brought it up herself, and would always treat Ren as the woman she obviously is inside. :) She would understand completely.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 26, 2013 1:31:40 GMT -6

Great! Would you like to start the thread or should I? I'm thinking an RP in the island.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 26, 2013 1:33:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 26, 2013 1:33:29 GMT -6

I can start one. With Khala just arriving at the island, seems like it might make more sense for me to start first and Ren to either approach me to welcome me after I step off the ferry, or just happen to be somewhere where I see her and approach her. Either way, seems to make sense for me to open.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 26, 2013 1:41:54 GMT -6

Sounds good to me! Just link me to the thread here when you're done. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 26, 2013 1:56:58 GMT -6