The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

loaf'n around (kami)

Anonymous
Mar 11, 2013 23:26:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 11, 2013 23:26:04 GMT -6

ooc; why do I feel the need to make these threads bread related OTL

The Police Station had never felt so comforting and scary at the same time before. Every nerve in her body told her to get out and find a place to hide, somewhere no one knew she'd be, yet she was not given the choice to leave yet. The press was being kept at bay from her and the four others that had been dropped off at the Station that morning. If any of them had said a word to her, she hadn't noticed, her mind too haunted by the night's events.

Airi had always feared they'd come for her, it had been one of the few things that truly terrified her while she was awake but could take a break from while she slept. After what happened, she doubted she'd ever be able to sleep again. The Chi-Blockers had pulled her out from her bed during the night, not even wasting any time for her to wake up before they, well, blocked her chi and shoved her into a bag. What happened afterwards made her wish she had never left the stuffy bag. That mask- unnerving and cold - paralyzed her with fear as he came to take her bending.

The only comfort she had out of all of this was that she didn't have to worry about the Equalists anymore. Why would she worry about them at this point, anyways? Her bending... her firebending... taken...

She felt hot tears running down her face once more, tracing over the tear stains that were already on her cheeks. The non-benders eyes, nose and cheeks were bright red from crying but appearances were the last thing on her mind.

"Why... why... why..."
[/color] she repeated to herself over and over again very softly as she tilted her head back and pulling her sleeves down to cover the palm of her hand - which also hid the angry red marks on her wrists from the rope that bound her earlier- so she could wipe away the tears. Why her? Sure, she got why they took out Tahno and his group, but why was she or any of the other people they targeted taken and forced through such a process. All she did was bake food, food that everyone - bender or not- could eat. Sure, she dabbled in probending, but she even lost her first match.

Maybe they targeted her because she was well known although not that strong. Maybe they would have gone after someone else if she was stronger. Maybe if she didn't have a memory problem, she'd be smarter, able to outwit the Chi-Blockers. But no- they took her right from her home. How could she sleep there again? She would never feel safe knowing they could storm in at any point in time and claim her parent's bending as well.

When she finally managed to stop crying - perhaps she dried herself out - she looked at the hems of her sleeves. Heh, they stole her right from her bed. She was sitting in the Police Station in her sleepwear. She found herself softly chuckling at her own thoughts mostly out of desperation to be in a better mood or a better situation.

"I... can I take a walk?"[/color] she asked one of the officers.

"Stay in the building," he told her, though giving her a nod to go ahead.

She left the confines of the room, walking around the hallways rather aimlessly, each step she took being timid and weary. Her hands and legs were weak and shaking, but moving around felt nice compared to sitting around in a room waiting to be able to go home. The young woman supposed it could be worse; she could still be in a bag or tied up on the steps of the Station.

Airi took a seat on the ground, not really sure where she was in the Station, combing her hair with her fingers, the top layer pointing in every direction while the longer, bottom layer - not in its usual braid - was knotted and in tuffs. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 20, 2013 19:30:32 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
It is speculated that one of the victims is a well-known probender.

The words repeated over and over in his head like a sick, sick mantra as he ran, not bothering to take a cab, from the Hitomi's bakery to the police headquarters. It couldn't be her, it just couldn't! Bolin ran as fast as he could, hoping, willing the words to be true. Not Airi. Not Airi. Not Airi.

Because if it was Airi, she had called him. Probably. And he hadn't been there, like he promised he would. Of course, that wasn't his fault. He didn't know about the attacks on the citizens until well after sunrise, after they had moved from the Sato estates to Air Temple Island and the paper was delivered to the breakfast table. He didn't even eat after he got to that paragraph — just ran out of the building and demanded to be taken to the mainland. Luckily, the acolytes in charge of the boat seemed to realise it wasn't just a selfish whim, and quickly left the dock.

The cab could hardly go fast enough for him, and it seemed to take ages to finally reach the bakery — which was dark, cold, and empty. Without another though, he ran to the police headquarters, his heart pounding.

Not Airi. Not Airi. Not Airi.

Bolin took the steps up to the station two, three at a time, his chest feeling ready to burst from lack of air; the heavy double-doors banged loudly as he barged in, skidding to a stop in front of a lady at a desk.

"Please--" he said, his breath coming in ragged gasps. "One of the people last night, the probender-- was, was it a g-- girl?"

The woman looked up at him sternly, her face giving nothing away as she looked over her wire-rimmed spectacles at him.
"I'm sorry, sir," she said, not even giving any recognition that she knew who he was — he was, after all, famous — "for their safety, none of the victims' identities are being released."

"I'm — I'm part of Team Avatar!" Bolin said loudly, trying again, but the woman only shook her head. "I'm sorry, sir," she repeated. "I can't answer your question." The stern, blank look gave way to sympathy. "I wish I could help you find your friend," the woman said, but Bolin had already pushed himself off the counter and stumbled toward a bench, his knees and legs feeling week after his run. He sat with a loud thump, his elbows on his knees and face in his hands, fingers clutching at his hair in frustration. He had to find out if it was Airi!

He stood up again, unable to keep still, his legs taking on a life of their own as he paced in front of the bench. Step, step, step, step, step, turn. Step, step, step, step, step, turn. Over and over he walked the path, not paying attention to the slight dizzy feeling slowly creeping up on him as he walked in a circle. On the twelfth or thirteenth turn facing the inner areas of the station, Bolin spotted a girl in pyjamas — stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the swatches of green and grey uniforms — just around the corner, almost out of sight.

A girl in pyjamas, with a familiar-looking tuft of long, albeit unbraided, light-brown hair.

"No!" The word burst out of him like water out of a dam as he vaulted over someone's desk, running as fast as he could despite the shouts of reprimand and the heavy running steps behind him. Luckily, the lobby of the police station was an open area, and his way toward the figure was completely unobstructed.

Hardly a foot away, Bolin stopped abruptly, fear gripping him. The girl sat on the ground with her back to him, and hadn't noticed the commotion.

"Airi?" he asked, his voice loud enough for her to hear but hardly more than a whisper. The index and middle fingers of each hand crossed together as he clenched his hands into fists. Please, not Airi.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 20, 2013 20:14:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 20, 2013 20:14:58 GMT -6

Airi quickly became lost in her own thoughts as she sat on the floor. All of her senses - once screaming every small detail at her - felt muffled, like she was in some type of box, cut off from the rest of the world. Her fingers worked away without much effort at all, slowly untangling the knots in her hair to have something to do with her hands. Her breath, which she had once a good master of to control her firebending, seemed the hardest to control at the moment. Every time she wanted to cry, she held her breath to suppress the urge but would only end up gasping for air again later.

Everything seemed to remind her of what she had lost. Her hands reminded her of almost every time she firebended, her arms that were covered in burns from either cooking or zoning out while firebending, her hair that had she had taken a while to try to figure out how to make it feel normal with a probending helmet on. Everything felt like a bad memory waiting to be remembered so it could smack her right back into realty, like life itself wanted to make sure she never forgot what she lost. It wasn't a piece of jewelry or something that had sentimental value; her bending had played a huge role throughout her entire life. It was like she had lost an arm or a leg, though others might criticize her from being so attached to it when others didn't even have the gift in the first place.

Somehow, even with her mind far off and her sense seemingly cut off from reality, one word made it to her sounding as clear as day: "Airi?" It was soft, but so sharp it could have cut her.

Bolin.

She snapped her head around, wisps of her hair sticking to her face from tried tears and other strands stinging her face as they hit her flushed face. "Bo... Bolin?"
[/color] she asked, not able to see the figure clearly enough with her eyes filled to the brim with tears. It only took a moment for her to blink the tears away, which then ran down her face adding to the stains on her face. "Bolin,"[/color] she said once more, managing to push herself off the cold ground despite the weakness in her arms and legs. Half because it felt like her legs were about to give out on her, the other half because she was glad to see a friendly face, she wrapped her arms around the earthbender.

"They took it, Bolin. They took my bending."[/color] She was surprised to hear in herself that she was not crying, though her voice shook from the shock of the recent events. Either that or she was just cold standing around in just her pajamas and with something to warm her up aside from the hug she gave Bolin.

Noticing she was starting to hoard her breath, Airi tried to calm herself, letting out her breath and breathing back in again. Green met yellow when she looked him in the eye with a soft look. "You really rushed here, huh?"[/color] she asked with the same chuckled as before, just trying to make the situation seem not as bad as it really was. It must've been a heck time getting here from the Sato Estate with recent events going on.

Noticing a pair of policemen behind her friend, she said, "It's fine. He's a friend."[/color] They gave her an iffy look, hesitantly backing off and returning to work. Once it looked like they had gone back to whatever they needed to do, the newly nonbender slumped onto the floor, her legs finally giving out from under her. "They were..."[/color] she began, her words aimed at Bolin, "They came and took me out of my bed. I didn't even have a chance."[/color] She chocked on the last few words, not crying but her throat closing up on her. Words ran through her head: how can I ever feel safe again?[/blockquote][/blockquote]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 2, 2013 14:57:11 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
She said his name twice; broken and unsure at first, then again in realisation and relief. She stumbled over to him, and --to his surprise-- wrapped her arms around his torso in a hug. Without a moment's hesitation, he hugged her back, squeezing gently and fighting back the urge to cry.

They took it, Bolin. They took my bending

The words hit him like a sack of earth discs; his eyes started to water and he sniffed harshly to keep his nose from running. He felt numb. Airi! His friend, his dear, dear friend, and he couldn't save her. Couldn't save her like he promised.

Bolin bit his lip as she shooed the officers away, then told him they took her out of her bed. His hands clenched into fists. Not a chance! She didn't have a chance! All of the things he told her, useless. He hadn't been any help, not one bit! He pulled away from her hug reluctantly, wiping his eyes on his shirt sleeve.

"I'm so sorry, Airi," he tried to say, but it came out more like, --mm, s-— soooooohauhauhaureeeeeeeee as he cried, his forearm rubbing his dripping eyes in futile effort. Bolin looked down at Airi, his face soaked in tears, face burning with shame. "I'm sorry I-- that I wasn't-- that I didn't--" The words were hard to squeeze out, hard to admit that he failed. But he powered through; he owed her that much.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you, like I promised" he said, the words coming out in a rush. "I wasn't--"

He had almost said he wasn't at home last night, wasn't at the Estate, but technically, that wasn't true. They hadn't left the property itself! They had just gone underground. So he tried again.

"I didn't... I didn't know anything had happened here," he said softly, the tears still dripping from his cheeks. "Last night we-- Mr. Sato, he--"

After a few tries, he murmured the story, his words halting and broken. How Korra had suspected Mr. Sato, had overheard something he said on the telephone. How they hadn't believed her. How they got a tip from one of Mr. Sato's employees. How it was all a trap, how Mr. Sato was not only an Equalist, but the one supplying their technology. How they had failed there too, how they let Mr. Sato get away, how Chief Bei Fong lost some of her men.

The tears had stopped by the time he was finished talking, but he was still sniffing. "So I'm sorry," he wrapped up dully, needing her to understand, needing her to forgive him. "I wasn't there like I promised. I should've figured out it was a trap, or should've stayed behind just in case you called, or ... or... something. I let you down, Airi." Bolin bowed his head, feeling the weight of his shame and guilt heavily on his shoulders. "I'm so sorry."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 3, 2013 15:22:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 3, 2013 15:22:03 GMT -6

With Bolin's arms around her she felt warm and safe. Her skin tickled with goosebumps of recent memories. Right from when she had woken up, everything seemed to constantly change. First being the bag she was stuffed in where everything was hot and suffocating, where each breath was a struggle in the fabric prison. When her bending was taken away any head in her body had seemed to disappear. It had felt like they had dunked her in a bath of ice water because she had felt frozen, numb and -above all- helpless. Waking up that morning in front of the police station in her pajamas, the dew of the morning dampening her clothes. It was like that ice water had completely froze her and she had simply never thawed. Without her bending, everything just felt cold. No longer did she have that boundless energy that kept her bouncing all over the place or in such a good mood that nothing could disturb her.

She heard Bolin begin to cry but her body wouldn't react to anything she wanted it to do. How could she let Bolin stand there and cry for her? Her stomach twisted itself into tight knots and all she could do was hold onto her friend tighter as if her life depended on it. She might as well been on a cliff, hanging on to dear life the way she held on to the earthbender. Why not? It already felt like the ground from under her was taken away by those few moments with the masked man. Equalizing? Pah! What he had done to her... no, to the others that night, Tahno, even those gang leaders and the people of the city, all of it was unforgivable. Did he really think that what he was doing was for the better? Putting fear into everyone's hearts and minds?

Airi felt herself grow dizzy. If it was possible to hold on to her friend any tighter to keep herself from falling then that's what she had done. He let go of her, but her grip on him lingered she a while longer before she fell to the ground. "Ouch,"
[/color] she muttered to herself mainly out of surprise by the sudden shock in her leg. She tried to flex the muscles to see if anything was hurt only to realize her - not only her leg - body was completely tense and on edge like she was expecting something to pop out at her. She was in the police station of spirits sake! Why would she need to feel like this here? Why did she need to be so tense. It was over, wasn't it? Spirits, please let this be the end of this, she silently prayed.

The brunette opened her mouth, "-eau-"[/color] she croaked, words, feelings, tears and thoughts all stuck in her throat, sending a shock through her body. Her mind went blank: she didn't know what to say. Bolin- one of her only few friends- was down here because of her, crying because of her, because he hadn't helped her. Who could've, really? Who could've seen this coming? Her sides began to cramp, her body tensing painfully at the thoughts, the memories. "I-It's fine, Bolin,"[/color] she said, looking up at him with big yellow eyes.

She cast her eyes to the ground, the epitome of her being embarrassed and guilt ridden that she had made one of the few people she cared about feel like this. He probably felt as helpless as she did, if not more so. Her eyes burned though no tears formed. "I'm the one who should--"[/color] she cut herself off, unable to bring herself to say what she felt. She had pushed her worried onto Bolin and now he felt horrible that he hadn't helped her. No, even if he tried to have helped her, nothing good would have come from it. Instead, she listened to his story of last night. Whereas she had been kidnapped, he had something of an awful adventure with the Satos. To think of Mr. Sato being an Equalist- even after sponsoring the Fire Ferrets - and setting up everything just to take them down.

Finally, Airi found herself crying once more. Huh, guess she did have some more tears left? "At least you guys are alright,"[/color] she commented, unable to lift her head up to look at Bolin. He had done so much, yet was still sorry he hadn't helped her? "You did the right thing. No one could've known. At least Korra and the others are alright,"[/color] she said, not really sure who she was directing that last part to. If Korra had been taken, if Tenzin or Bei Fong had been... what hope would there be for the city? She was just some small time probender who couldn't even win one round and spent all her time making bread. What could she do for the city the way they could?

Airi shook her head when Bolin apologized once more. "No, don't be, Bolin. Please. Don't feel bad for me."[/color] I'll only feel worse if you do, she silently cried.[/blockquote][/blockquote]