The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Pick a Card, Any Card [tag: Airi]

Anonymous
Mar 2, 2013 17:47:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 2, 2013 17:47:53 GMT -6

It was a busy day, which was unsurprising. The Marketplace was always crowded on the weekends, when everyone used the time off from work and school to let go of their cares for a bit and shop. Naota was just another vendor among the many that lined the street, though his was a special craft, one that didn’t require that he shout out to the passers-by in hopes that they stop by and contribute to the “Keep Naota Able To Eat Fund.” On the other hand, given his code of ethics that made asking for payment impossible, it was difficult for him to make any money if he wasn’t going to do something to draw attention to himself. Still, he’d gotten along well enough so far without yelling at people or holding up a sign; he’d just have to be optimistic.

Of course, it helped to have kids around. Adults might not pay much attention to a young shirtless guy standing near a corner shuffling a pack of cards and smiling at anyone who caught his eye—especially the girls—but children were possessed of an insatiable curiosity that made them wander over to him to see what was up. And most important, kids, unlike their boring parents, still believed in magic.

Currently the magician was surrounded by a small group of four children, sitting down so as to be at eye level with his audience. He was busy doing whatever he could to entertain them. Card tricks, jokes, stupid faces, they were treated to his entire repertoire, and they were loving it. The kids’ laughter mixed with the countless other noises coming from the street, adding to the general cacophony of the Marketplace.

Unfortunately, magical as he was, Naota couldn’t stop time, and eventually his new friends had to rejoin their parents, scattering to the winds, last bursts of laughter lingering after they left. The magician watched the kids go with a smile, glad to have had the pleasure of entertaining them for as long as he had. Then his gaze drifted to his empty cap on the ground in front of him, and the smile shrank just a little. He would never stop making children happy, but he wouldn’t have minded some form of physical thanks. Smiles couldn’t pay the bills, after all. But this was the path he’d chosen for himself, and he’d stick with it, even if it wasn’t the most lucrative choice he could have made.

Sighing, the young man shuffled his cards again and turned his gaze back to the street, though in his current sitting position—his eyes were at about waist height on most people—there wasn’t all that much to see, and no one he did see looked interested in magic tricks. Well, he’d give it a couple more hours, then head home. Maybe today just wasn’t his day. He could live with that. There was always tomorrow.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2013 2:17:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2013 2:17:29 GMT -6

Asami had been spending a lot more time away from home since the brothers moved in. The Sato estate was large and spacious so having more people wasn't the problem. In fact, it had nothing to do with the boys or the room in her house; it was the house itself. Sure, they had nice things but she lived there, after all. She wasn't going to be entertained forever.

The city, however, was ever changing.

It was like why she went out to dinner even when she had a personal chef. The change in scenery was worth its weight in gold. The people, the sights, the events. She probably could have things like that on the estate if she payed for it but it just wouldn't be the same. Everything would have been expected, nothing she wouldn't have already known.

She stole out into the day, money in her pockets and deciding on a walk instead of taking her moped. It was therapeutic to move around and get in a bit of activity for the day in place of riding her way through. It wasn't like she lived on the outskirts of the city.

The marketplace was such a cultural melting pot. Even the people she passed by were unique and their own. Different nationalities, yes, but even their attire could show what kind of people they were or what kind of jobs they did. As she looked around, one.person didn't quite seem to fit that kind of description of unique: a shirtless man surrounded by children.

Asami strolled.forwards, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched him preform his tricks and listened to the kids respond in awe. One by one, the children left until the man was by himself along with an empty cap. His tricks were entertaining...

She quickly dug through her pockets, pulling out a few yuans in paper and coins and walking up close enough to drop it in the cap.

"I enjoyed your performance," she told him with a smile of her cherry lips. She wasn't a child and knew it wasn't magic, but it was still awesome and something not many people could do. "I thought you might like a bit of compensation,"the she said, nodding her head lightly towards the cap which now held a.small sum of money. "Those kids seemed awfully delighted."
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2013 2:53:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2013 2:53:30 GMT -6

As interesting as the Marketplace usually was, today, other than the kids who had just left, there really wasn’t anyone worth paying attention to. He probably wasn’t going to be entertaining any paying customers today. Still, he wouldn’t give up just yet. There was always the possibility of a sudden windfall.

No sooner had that thought crossed his mind than there was the muffled clink of coins hitting his cap, snapping Naota out of the daze he’d been in. He looked up, and his mind went fuzzy. There, hair shining in the sunlight, was quite possibly the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen—and he’d seen many girls in his life. Was she the one who had dropped the money in his cap? Couldn’t be. Gorgeous and generous? He had to be dreaming. Any minute now he’d wake up in his bed, this girl a fading memory. For now, though, he’d enjoy this dream.

The girl spoke, and still all he could do was stare, mouth hanging open. Even her voice was angelic. She confirmed that she was the one who had given him the money, and complimented him on his performance. It took a solid minute before the magician could work up the brain power necessary to respond, and even when he did he was not at his most eloquent.

“I, uh…th-thanks. I appreciate the compliment. Oh, and the money, too! I appreciate that as well.” His words were stammered out, his attention still fixated on his staring. Realizing that he looked stupid gaping up at the girl, he stood, brushing dust off his pants. He was taller than the girl, but not by much. Now that they were at about eye level, he could appreciate her face even more. It was, quite frankly, ridiculous how good-looking she was. Bending down for a second, he pocketed the money she’d given him and placed the cap back on his head. Feeling a little more relaxed, he flashed a winning smile.

”Thanks again for the money.” He held out a hand to shake. ”I’m Naota.” All right, I’ve introduced myself. Time to turn on the charm. ”So tell me, what’s a woman as beautiful as you doing here with us bums?”
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2013 12:50:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2013 12:50:53 GMT -6

The heiress waited patiently for the man to respond. She couldn't help but to compare his face to that of Mako's when she had, uh, hit him with her moped. The look on his face was so dumfounded when he took a look at his assaulter. Gosh, she had been so embarrassed. As a skilled driver hitting somebody? There had been more than one reason she asked him out to dinner, after all, the one she had said as a cover. As a fan and an admirer of the Fire Ferrets, it was an opportunity she couldn't pass up.

Just like Mako, he nervously replied. Did she just happen to have that effect on people? It was flattering though she couldn't say she really enjoyed it. She never meant to intimidate people and her name didn't help the fact. Strangely enough, there were some people who could handle her whole name and those that couldn't. Mako's reactions, oddly enough, was one of the better ones.

"You're very welcome," she said with a welcoming smile. "Nice to meet you, Naota," she replied as she uncrossed her arms to reach out and gently shake his hand. Hands, she couldn't help but to notice, that preformed the wonders of magic tricks. How entertained she used to be, when she was small, watching magicians with wonder in her eyes. "My name is Asami."

She pulled back her hand before he began to talk smooth. Asami could not resist the urge to giggle. Despite being raised the way she was, getting used to compliments and the like, words like that could catch her off guard. "You're sweet," she replied modestly. "I'm afraid I don't have much other a reason than wanting a change of scenery."

She paused, her green eyes darting around the marketplace quickly. "I really like the marketplace, here. Unique talents and merchandise that can't be found anywhere else," she poetically stated, laughing a bit when she was done. "I don't come.down here nearly as much as I'd like, but Bolin said he used to come here with Pabu, his fire ferret, and preform tricks."
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2013 15:09:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2013 15:09:35 GMT -6

He had been doing so well in the past few seconds and not letting his mind go blank over how pretty this girl was, and then she had to ruin that by smiling. The expression was just as dazzling as the rest of her, and it was all he could do to actually hear what she said. Her name was appropriately wonderful, matching his overall impression of her. She was gorgeous, had complimented his magic, and had given money when he hadn’t even performed anything for her. She was unbelievable.

He hadn’t been expecting her to swoon over his honeyed words or anything so dramatic as all that, but he was still very glad that her reaction to his flirtation was positive. This was a girl he did not want to offend. The magician grinned when she called him sweet. That was, after all his goal. It was nice to have his other major talent recognized.

Asami explained the virtues of the marketplace, and Naota chuckled along with her, thinking of the many colorful characters he’d met in his time languishing on the streets. ”Yeah, Unique is a good word for what you find here,” he agreed. ”Just so long as you’re careful about who you allow to weasel you out of your money. Unique can also mean not worth your time.”

Asami mentioned the name Bolin, and that got Naota thinking. He thought he’d heard that name—or a similar one—somewhere. But maybe not. The man had difficulty remembering the names of anyone who wasn’t a girl he was planning to sleep with. Maybe his connection to this Bolin guy would come back to him later. For now, he had a conversation to continue.

”Tricks with a Fire Ferret? Hm, I didn’t know you could do that,” he muttered, honestly impressed. He had great respect for anyone who made their money doing tricks of any kind. ”Though, now that you mention it, I think I’ve seen something like that before. To be honest, I’m a little jealous. Cute animals are excellent assistants to have if you want to attract attention. All I’ve got are cards…” he pulled out his deck from his pocket and showed it to Asami. ”And those don’t really do much to get me noticed. Bolin sounds like a pretty smart guy.”
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2013 21:51:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2013 21:51:46 GMT -6

"I suppose that's true as well,"
[/color] she thoughtfully mused, resting one hand on her hip as she turned her head, looking out at the setting again to get a feel for his words. It was true, there were just some con artists out there, she supposed. Though she doubted that loosing whatever money she had on her would make much of a difference in the long run, though in the now it might be bothersome if she wanted a snack or found something she wanted to buy. Besides, it wasn't like she carried hundreds of yuans around with her everywhere; there was no need for that kind of cash on a day like this.

She smirked, hearing the hint of impression in his voice. That might be something to tell Bolin when she went back home. Bolin was such a proud character, he would certainly appreciate the compliment. "Bolin and Pabu are really something different. Sometimes he chatters his teeth to talk to Pabu. I don't get how it works, but I guess the message gets across between the two,"[/color] she openly admitted, leaving out her opinions on how it kind of looked ridiculous to chatter to a pet. It would seem just as strange if Korra started barking to talk to Naga.

Then he admitted his impression of Bolin's talents. Well, she hadn't really expected that, but his honesty was a nice trait, if not a bit ironic for a magician. "I think that cards should be fine enough,"[/color] she offered. "I've never been one to think that the prop defines the preformer or his shows... If that makes any sense,"[/color] she said crossing her arms over her chest once more. As a performer, the aim was to entertain the audience, right? Things like pets and cards were just tools, props to help them along.

"I'll be sure to pass on the compliment,"[/color] she noted out loud as she moved into a relaxed position. "This might not be much help, but if you want to get people's attention you might want to draw them in with something eye catching and then move on to the cards."[/color] Draw the crowd in and then keep them with the tricks sounded like the best strategy as a performer. However, she had never performed. Any advice she might give had nothing to back it up with. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
Anonymous
Mar 4, 2013 0:02:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2013 0:02:09 GMT -6

Asami seemed like a lovely person, but her friend Bolin sounded a little strange. He talked to his Fire Ferret? How did that even work? Did the two understand each other at all? If he saw more of Asami in the future—and he was going to do whatever he could to make that happen—he’d like to meet this Bolin guy, if only to watch him interact with his pet, Pabu. Going by the way Asami described him, he figured he and the other performer would get along. If nothing else, they’d certainly be able to compare methods, which was something he was always willing to do with anyone in a similar line of work.

The woman gave the opinion that he shouldn’t need more than cards to entertain people, and he smiled, appreciating that. He’d been worrying recently that his repertoire was too small to be worth anyone’s attention, and it was nice to hear that someone else could assuage his worries, even if Asami hadn’t actually seen what he could do with the cards. Naota didn’t easily accept compliments on his performances when they came from grown-ups—most adults said bland, nice stuff about his tricks without actual emotion in them, unlike their kids—but something about Asami’s tone gave him the impression that she knew what she was talking about. He nodded quickly to reassure her. ”Yeah, that makes sense. Props can be crucial, though.”

She kept the advice coming, suggesting that he find some way to attract attention before dazzling the crowds with his card tricks. ”Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that, but I’m not sure what to do. I don’t think a sign would be appropriate, and shouting about magic tricks kind of defeats the purpose of performing them…” He scratched his head, trying to find the perfect solution to his problem. He sighed. ”I’m sure I’ll think of something.”

Again Asami spoke with some authority. Naota looked her over once more. She didn’t look like she participated in any sort of work similar to his, but part of being a magician was being deceiving with one’s appearance. Well, staring wasn’t going to help him figure anything out. Might as well ask. ”You seem pretty knowledgeable about how to put on a good show,” he remarked. ”Do you do any kind of performing yourself?”
Anonymous
Mar 4, 2013 15:41:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2013 15:41:51 GMT -6

ooc; eek, sorry for the shortness

"Oh goodness,"
[/color] Asami found herself saying with a laugh in response to his question. "No, I do not perform."[/color] She thought about what to say next. He seemed only a few years older than herself, but she was still under the care of her father. When she thought about it, she probably would be for a while until she inherited the company. Until then she figured she'd continue to work with him as best she could, helping him when she can. She already drove better than the test drivers and was raised properly with a swell education so that she could take over the company.

"I'm more of a business person; mechanics you know?"[/color] she asked. "I don't actually work, but I drive a bit for sport," she hoped to explain better. Satomobiles were a walk in the park for her in terms of driving place to place. Competitive driving was when things started to get interesting and only felt challenged when situations called for her to be creative behind the wheel. But that's when things start to get interesting.

"I've hosted a few parties, so I hire performers on occasion but I've never actually performed. I have nothing to perform, you see," the heiress said. Unless you counted driving on the track performing, she had nothing to perform. She was adept at self defense and hand to hand combat but that wasn't something you'd perform either. She always found herself on the receiving side of the performers. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 4, 2013 15:42:18 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 4, 2013 16:15:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2013 16:15:44 GMT -6

He was slightly disappointed to hear that Asami was not a performer, though it didn’t diminish his opinion of her in any way. Plenty of people found countless other ways to make a living that weren’t so fickle and were just as fulfilling. His older sister had a small, mostly unimportant job at City Hall, and though he thought it was one of the boring positions he’d ever heard of, she was happy, and had a constant source of income, which was more than he could say at any given time. He was sure Asami was just as successful at whatever she enjoyed doing.

The subject of mechanics went completely over his head, but he nodded all the same, perking up a bit when the woman grounded it in driving, which, though he never did it himself, was something he thought he understood. ”That’s impressive,” he responded, smiling to show that he was sincere. ”I don’t do any driving, but it’s always seemed like a lot of fun when done for something other than just getting from point A to point B.”

The magician wasn’t sure what to make of Asami’s talk of hosting parties. He could guess, though, judging from her overall appearance and her talk of hiring performers, that she was wealthy. His parents threw parties too, sometimes, but hiring performers was too expensive for them. Asami must have a decent amount of money. And she liked cars…

”Wait…” Naota tapped his chin with a finger as a sudden thought came to him. ”Are you Asami Sato? Like, the daughter of Hiroshi Sato, that really famous inventor?” He hoped he was right, and that if he was Asami wasn’t offended by the label he’d given her father. He wasn’t current on goings-on in the business world, but everyone knew who Hiroshi Sato was, and he did have a daughter named Asami. It wasn’t too much a stretch to make that connection.
Anonymous
Mar 5, 2013 15:42:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 5, 2013 15:42:52 GMT -6

The heiress nodded. She really had all the time in the world to do things, unless her father needed her or she had scheduled something for herself, so getting to point A to point B wasn't much of how fast she could get there but how she wanted to. Today she walked, stretching her legs a bit. "The seats can be rather sore,"
[/color] she admitted. "I have to wear padded pants on long trips,"[/color] she said. Blood circulation to her legs when operating a satomobile was essential. The last thing she wanted to happen was for her legs to fall asleep in the middle of a ride; yikes.

Asami smirked when he figured out who she was, even if he didn't seem so committed to the idea of it. After all she had talked about business, parties and mechanics. There wasn't much of a secret there. With all honesty, it wasn't like the Satos were a discreet family. With her father's success in his industry, barely a person in the city didn't know their name. For people to think of her was something different as most people focused on the inventor himself, not his familial affairs. Thank the spirits for that. "Yes, I actually am."[/color]

Being connected to her father's name and not her own didn't bother her. Though she lived wealthy, she liked to talk to people and to do things in the city. Her father always seemed to be harassed by business men, investors and the like whenever they went out together for a show or a bite to eat. In comparison to be hassled constantly, she'd rather remain discreet. "My boyfriend and his brother moved in a while ago to the estate; I'm just taking a bit of a breather,"[/color] she explained, casually slipping in her relationship status. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
Anonymous
Mar 5, 2013 20:25:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 5, 2013 20:25:52 GMT -6

He was grateful that Asami managed to talk about her experience with satomobiles without being too technical about it. From what limited experience he had with those in the world of business—and that was very little—he had found that such people tended to get caught up in what they were saying, assuming that everyone else in a conversation had the same level of knowledge and enthusiasm that they did. So it was good that Asami was not like that, meaning that he could actually understand what she was saying, even if he hadn’t had the same experience that she had. That was greatly to her credit.

So he had been right! That was good. Naota might not be too afraid of making a fool of himself when talking to girls—it was a rare occurrence—but to get Asami mixed up with someone else just because of a similar name and interests would have been horrible. That being said, now that her identity was confirmed, he wasn’t sure what that changed, if anything. He enjoyed the convenience that satomobiles added to his life, but wasn’t the kind of person to obsess over famous business people, even if this woman’s father happened to be the man who had revolutionized transportation. Besides, she was probably used to living in her father’s shadow, being known only because of his success. She would likely appreciate it if they didn’t talk about her dad much. He was more than fine with that.

Unfortunately, Asami had to ruin things by revealing that she had a boyfriend. That was unfortunate. She was beautiful and intelligent, and it was definitely a blow to find out that she was taken. Still, that was a clear signal, and Naota took it as such. Given that her boyfriend lived with her, it sounded like the relationship was pretty serious, and he had no desire to mess things up for a happy couple. Still, that didn’t mean they couldn’t be friends, did it?
”Makes sense,” he said, nodding. ”Sounds like things are getting pretty busy at your place. I can understand wanting to get away from it all for a bit.” He hesitated for a bit before continuing. ”Do you maybe want to walk around for a bit? N-not like a date or anything!” He was quick to clarify so as to avoid a misreading of his intentions. ”Just, you know, if you wanted some company. If not, no big deal. I’ll leave you alone.”
Anonymous
Mar 7, 2013 15:25:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2013 15:25:02 GMT -6

Asami nodded. "It's a lot different than hosting a party, when everyone goes home eventually. Plus, they're not used to this sort of living; I've been the one entertaining them- or, more specifically, Bolin."
[/color] He seemed to enjoy the pool a great deal. Mako, on the other hand, seemed to be fine doing anything as long as Bolin was safe and enjoying himself. It was funny, though, how they couldn't quite grasp the fact they could do almost anything they wanted on the estate, and off it so long as she was with them to pay. She was simply happy to provide.

The young woman laughed lightly at his clarification. "Don't worry, I understand what you meant,"[/color] she let him know with a sympathetic look. She couldn't guess if he was flustered from her looks or her status or the fact she had a boyfriend. "Sure,"[/color] she answered with only a moments delay to think it over. It wasn't like she had any plans and her only aim was to take a break. "Some company would be nice."[/b][/color]

She waited for a few moments before she resumed her walk. "How long have you been performing?"[/color] the heiress asked with a curious look: eyebrows arched and her green eyes singling him out as she waited for his answer. "Why tricks?"[/color] she added. "Most of the performers I know play instruments or sing. Are there other sorts of performers?"[/color][/blockquote][/blockquote]
Anonymous
Mar 10, 2013 2:43:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 10, 2013 2:43:27 GMT -6

Asami seemed like a very generous person, judging by the way she talked about Bolin and his brother. He didn’t know many people who would just take in two people like that, even if one of them was her boyfriend. Her father must be an extraordinary man to have produced such a kind daughter. Naota couldn’t help being jealous of her boyfriend, who was definitely a lucky guy.

The magician was relieved that Asami had understood him and that she didn’t think he was trying to come between her and her boyfriend. Even better, she accepted the offer of his company. When she resumed walking, he joined her, glad to have an excuse to do something other than sitting there hoping that someone would notice him. That was not really a fun way to spend his day, even if it was his only source of income.

The woman’s question made him grin. Naota made it his business to get to know as many different performers as he could, and he said as much. ”Sure, there are all kinds of performers! Everyone’s good at something. As long as you can find enough people who are interested in what you can do, you can make a living off of your performances. I know this guy who makes loads of money just by juggling knives. Sounds crazy, I know, but he’s good at it, and people will pay a lot to see stuff like that.”
Anonymous
Mar 14, 2013 14:45:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 14, 2013 14:45:12 GMT -6

Asami took note of the things Naota told her about. Plus, she supposed that what he said was true, that everyone was good at something even if it was something obscure. More than likely it was those with the obscure talents that ended up as performers, or working some lowly job because the talent couldn't cover the bills. "I remember when I was little seeing a performer that claimed he could swallow a sword, though I never got to see it."
[/color] She left out the part that she was skeptical of the man as well as scared so it wasn't even like she wanted to go see him.

"I bet,"[/color] she said, not putting much energy into the words as her mind was focused on the idea of the talent themselves, wondering if the weight of the handle of the blade was heavier would make the chances of catching the handle better. "Is it hard to break even on slow days?"[/color] the young woman asked, giving in to the business part of her heritage. "Do you work another job or this alone?"[/color] she inquired. Depending on if he did or did not work another job would prove he was successful that he couldn't rely on the money made here.

"Oh, sorry!"[/color] she realized, coming back to reality. "That's personal, I shouldn't have asked."[/color] He was kind enough; she didn't want to make him uncomfortable by bringing up topics he might not want to discuss. [/blockquote][/blockquote]
Anonymous
Mar 19, 2013 18:07:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 19, 2013 18:07:05 GMT -6

Asami’s description of the sword-swallower brought a grin to the magician’s face, though he was disappointed for Asami when she said she’d never actually seen the trick performed. ”You missed out,” he told her. ”It’s fantastic.” As one of many performers on the city’s streets, Naota made a point of seeing as many acts as he could, and he had witnessed the ingestions of blades a few times. One man had offered to explain the trick to him, but he had kept his desire for hidden knowledge in check. Some tricks should remain magical, he felt, and that was one of them.

The mood of the conversation shifted slightly when the woman asked about his finances. She quickly apologized, but Naota help up his hands to show that she had caused him no offense. ”It’s fine. I’m used to getting questions like that from my parents all the time. I have just the one job, and yeah, it’s not the most lucrative career ever, and I know that. Money’s always tight, but I don’t need to buy all that much to be comfortable, so it’s fine.”

He kept the conversation going to keep the mood light. ”What about you? You said you drive for sport…have you ever thought about turning that into a career? Like, racing or something like that?”
Anonymous
Mar 24, 2013 19:31:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 24, 2013 19:31:03 GMT -6

Asami simply nodded in recognition, making a note that it was held in a somewhat high regard from another performer. Certainly, if she had another chance, she might go and check it out if she wasn't busy.

Thankfully, she hadn't offended him by asking about personal issues. Truthfully she didn't know how to respond to what he told her. She, a young woman born and raised in wealth, could not picture how having the bare minimum was comfortable. Her bed, her wardrobe, the cars, the track; she had grown up with it all. Trying to imagine herself with less was almost impossible. "So long as you're comfortable with it,"
[/color] she eventually said, figuring it was the best response she could come up with without bringing her own status into the conversation. He knew, yes, but she never flaunted it.

With a light laugh and a small shake of her head she looked at Naota. "Oh, no. More than likely, I'll be taking over the company when my father steps down,"[/color] she told him. She was surrounded by the business world all of her life. She was literally raised inside the business culture and knew the works of not only the machines they sold but of the business world which was foriegn to most people. At least, not on the big corporation level. Asami doubted that she was born for the only reason of taking over the company, but what better person was there to take over?

"Though, I suppose it might be something interesting to do as a career,"[/color] she said, if only to entertain the thought. Yeah, she was better than even the test drivers, but to make it a career out of it? She just didn't know.[/blockquote][/blockquote]
Anonymous
Apr 5, 2013 3:11:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 5, 2013 3:11:29 GMT -6

What Asami said was interesting. Was he comfortable with his life, really? He liked to pretend that he was, and if asked would always say that he made enough money. Always enough, but never as much as he would have liked. He envied Asami, who, he guessed, had more money than she could use in an entire lifetime. Anything she wanted, she could have. That was something that had never been true for him, and he wondered what daily life was like for the woman walking beside him. But he didn’t ask. His parents had taught him not to be rude, and asking probing questions about strangers’ lifestyles certainly qualified as inappropriate.

The answer to his question was a bit disappointing, but not unexpected. Of course she would take over her father’s business when he retired. It was understandable; still, he kind of wished she’d expressed some secret desire to become a race car driver or something equally fantastic. But, just because he ran in exciting, unique circles didn’t mean that everyone did, or that there wasn’t value in owning one of the most successful businesses in the city, if not the world.

Well, at least she entertained the thought. That suggested that she wasn’t as serious and stuffy as might be expected given her position. Naota nodded. ”Well, even if you don’t become a world famous racer, at least you can still drive for fun and hang out with other people who do,” he said. ”The best part of being a magician for me is talking to others who are into the same stuff.”
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2013 11:27:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 27, 2013 11:27:57 GMT -6

ooc; I'm sorry this is so late and short :c

Asami smiled nostalgically. "I suppose so,"
[/color] she said fondly with a laugh. "It gets me thinking about, you know, the whole bending versus nonbending concept. Benders talking to other benders, having something in common to talk about. Some of my best friends are benders, but I don't resent them for having something in common I can't share with."[/color]

The heiress paused in her musings. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm being a bit of a downer aren't I? I promise I'm not always like this,"[/color] she told Naota. She never could quite understand the resentment, but was that only because she had a high standing in society, that of which being either a bender or a nonbender makes a difference. [/blockquote][/blockquote]