The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Coincidences [Tag:Airi]

Anonymous
Sept 15, 2012 17:58:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 15, 2012 17:58:40 GMT -6

Shachi leaned against a brick wall, her black felt hat pulled down over her eyes and and hands hidden in the pockets of her bland tan pants. She was trying to look inconspicuous once again, which only succeeded in looking quite shady as she stood in that alleyway. She'd been following Yuuta for a day or two at this point, trying to pin down his schedule so she could more effectively keep an eye on him. And quite possibly avoid any early morning stinky alleyway stakeouts, which really were the worst. And of course, the best observation points around Yuuta's place of work? Could she call it that? She knew he was a herbalist- but she didn't know what he actually did in there and she wasn't about ready to risk blowing her cover by snooping around inside just yet. Not to mention that wasn't the important part, she was here to make sure Yuuta wasn't going to the cops, she'd give it a week at most and leave him alone. Or at least, that's what she had convinced herself of, she was only stalking he fellow non-bender because she didn't trust him, and with how much she repeated it and ran it through in her head over and over she was almost starting to believe it.

But deep down there was something more than just the fear that she might be ratted out, there was some kind of odd urge to follow him- which really was quite easy as Yuuta never seemed to look over his shoulder. Maybe it had to do something with his injury, but Shachi always theorized it was because he felt the need to carry himself with an air of importance and determination, and those qualities never did let one turn and look over their shoulder. It was silly really, it's not like she had any feelings for Mister dark, mysterious and grumpy. That would be ridiculous, utterly impossible and downright wrong, even if at the very moment she has to repeat to herself 'this is just to make sure there's no lose ends' for the hundredth time the last six hours, which seemed to drag on for years. The Chi Blocker does confirm with an upward glance towards the sky that it is about time Yuuta should be released from work or whatever it is he does in that building.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Sept 16, 2012 19:29:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 16, 2012 19:29:06 GMT -6

He thought he was becoming paranoid the past few days, shadows moving in the corners of his eyes, like someone was following him. Continuously, he denied it and told himself that it was just his overactive imagination, that he was simply sleep deprived. The man took a deep breath to produce a long and tiring sigh as he laid back in his chair and pen resting limply in his hand. This job at the warehouse was never a well-paying job, but it was one that paid the bills, unlike his apprenticeship at the herbalry. Once or twice, it crossed his mind to swipe a bit of cash from the register seeing as he was the one that handled all the checking and the old man would never notice, but that money was not his. For the time being, he would stick to the low paying, medial work. It was only a matter of time until his master's body ran it's course. Not that he wished him ill; it was simply the truth.

A bell sounded the large warehouse above his head, causing him to jump slightly. Finally, it's over, he thought to himself as he heaved his body from the chair that had molded to his shape after hours of sitting there. His job, sure, was to make sure everything was stocked, but that round only took a few minutes. Most of the job was tiring paperwork, causing his fingers to become sore by the day's end. One signature on his time card and his boss stamping it, handing over a small bundle of yuans for the week's work, he was ready to leave. He slipped on his long coat and hung his cane from his arm. Today was a nice day, barely an ache in his leg as he strolled out of the ware house and onto the dark streets.

There! Right there! Yuuta wouldn't dare turn around, but he swore he saw that shadow again. Hoping his change in course wasn't too abrupt and suspicious, he began to walk in the general direction of the shadow, noticing a dark figure against the wall. With cane in hand, he struck the wall next to the shadow's face. "Who are you? And why have you been following me?"
[/color] he said, his voice sounding gruff and strong. He moved his cane to under the tip of it's hat, flicking it upward.

His green eyes went wide. "Shachi?"[/color] He was appalled. No. Really. This had caught him off guard. "Wha... Why?!"[/color] For what purpose did she have for stalking him! He thought he had gone insane, but it was simply this girl! Ugh![/blockquote]
Anonymous
Sept 18, 2012 14:17:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 18, 2012 14:17:33 GMT -6

Shachi froze up as the wall was struck to her face, her mind racing, it had been normal that Yuuta deviated from his normal path but even someone like him could be expected to switch things up now and then. But this? Well, it was a lot worse than she'd hoped for that was sure. Up to this point she'd been convinced she was doing a stellar job of keeping a discreet eye on him, then again she has a tendency to think she's doing many things better than she actually is. "Ah... Hey! Yuuta!" She chimed bashfully, her cheeks red as she tried to play off the obvious fear on her face.

"Why what? And I haven't been following you!" She added, knowing full well she was busted as she pushed off the wall and fixed her hat with a hand, all the while flashing a brilliant smile as her mind worked overtime, she was positive she could bull her way out of this. "I was just waiting for a buddy, really. An uh... There are people following you?" She asks, tilting her head to the right and pursing her lips. "Lemme guess, fell in deep with the triads? Fought a cop? Oh! Made a daring escape with the Avatar?" She asked, trying to suppress an awkward little giggle, even if the very idea of the Avatar infiltrating an Equalist meeting got her blood boiling. "You know, you're lucky I'm nice and won't go yelling for the cops after nearly gettin' beaned by a walking stick." She remarks, waving a hand over her head absent mindidly. "Not every person in an alleyway is going to be so nice."
Anonymous
Sept 18, 2012 19:58:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 18, 2012 19:58:39 GMT -6

His eyes narrowed at her as she began to babble. "Hey," he responded dryly when she greeted him. "You're still a really bad liar." The first time he met her, she tried to claim she was going to a secret book club. It appeared her lying skills hadn't improved at all. And being an equalist, she probably needed to improve that little flaw in order to keep it a secret. Not everyone was an idiot, but, then again, not everyone was as suspicious as him, always questioning what came in his path. He rarely believed in 'fate', something some people looked to when things went wrong, nor in coincidences, but in life itself. Things happened and not everything had a reason.

"No, I'm not in deep with the triads. Or into fighting the police. Sadly, it looks like I'm stuck with an Equalist," he snorted, removing the tip of his cane from the wall. "Yeah. I'm so lucky," he grumbled, hanging his cane around his arm again and putting his hand in his pockets as he began to walk off. Luck was not... in his favor. His mother was dying and the healing wasn't even slowing down the process. That, and the fact he was being followed by this girl. "Leave me alone," he said loudly.
Anonymous
Sept 29, 2012 17:35:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 29, 2012 17:35:11 GMT -6

"What's an Equalist?" Shachi asked, tilting her head and giving him a smug little grin before shrugging in an animated fashion and eying that cane just in case. "You know, I could just be such a good liar that I've lied you into believing a lie." She chimed, stepping out of the alleyway and strutting to sidle up next to him, only to shrink away a little at that declaration to leave him alone. Well, at least he was blunt about things. "Owch, you don't want to know how I'm doing or anything?" She asks, tucking a small bit of hair behind an ear and shaking her head. "You know, if you just tried to smile a bit more you'd find there's a lot more things around to smile about." She muses airily, sticking her hands in her pockets and still trailing behind him. She was persistent, well, as persistent as a puppy looking for a handout.

"Sooo... What's new?" She asks, trying to prevent an awkward silence from cropping up as those really were the absolute worst, mind you- she had a pretty good idea of what was up as she'd been stalking Yuuta for the last week. She'd say stalking was such a harsh word though, following intently described it much more aptly in her opinion. Anyways, stalkers were supposed to be creeps and jaded lovers, and she didn't fall into either category. Or, at least not yet.
Last edit by Deleted: Sept 29, 2012 17:36:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2012 17:27:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2012 17:27:44 GMT -6

Yuuta rolled his eyes. Her attempts at lying were pathetic and even more so as she tried to cover up for him seeing through them with ease. And her attempts to lecture him were just as bad. It almost made him want to rolls his eyes once more. "Preposterous," he replied. If smiling more lead to more smiles, then he would smiling right now? No. He was upset. He was tired. He was angry that he had been followed. There was little that made him want to smile.

However, he couldn't argue with the fact he needed to talk to someone, to get a few issues off his chest. And who else than his apparent stalker. He let out a long sigh as he continued to move forward in the dimly lit streets. "If you really want to know, I'm angry and upset. My mother's illness is neither better nor worse. All that I'm paying for and she still isn't better."
Anonymous
Oct 13, 2012 18:47:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 13, 2012 18:47:50 GMT -6

Shachi rolled her eyes right back at him, she'd TOTALLY kill him in an eye rolling competition, but then again Yuuta had her beat on the whole 'dark and brooding thing'. "Oh, I am doing my job well." She remarks, sticking her tongue out at his playing off of what has clearly been one long, giant, contrived plot to convince him she's insane. Oddly enough she's been taking this all quite lightly, despite the fact she's 'supposed' to be following him just to make sure he doesn't start talking to any police, sure- she hasn't broken a law yet but those fascists at the RCPD would certainly give her a tail, and might even start pressuring her family's business, there was no telling how desperate the benders would become when the revolution took hold of course.

"O-oooh..." Shachi suddenly deflated, she'd been puffing her chest out as she mused about storming the council chambers in the name of freedom, and Yuuta's announcement did nothing more than kill her mood quite quickly. "That... Uh...." She grasped for the words, caring compassion was not her greatest skill. "I'm honestly very sorry to hear that." She continued, glancing upwards and fishing for the right words. "She... Isn't getting worse is she?" The Equalist asks trepidly, her cheeks blushing a bit as she curses herself, she just had to go prying again.
Anonymous
Oct 13, 2012 21:26:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 13, 2012 21:26:13 GMT -6

Yuuta shook his head, rubbing his eyes. The last thing he wanted to happen was to get teary eyed around his stalker. What kind of upper ground would that give her? None, probably. If she wanted to do... anything to him, really, she could have. Maybe - just maybe - there was some hope for her. Even if she was annoying as all get out. "No, but... how long will that last? I don't know how much time she had left or if what I'm doing - working like this to help pay for the treatment- is worth it." Would she understand the necessity of his mother to him? She was all he really had. His father? No idea as to what, who or where he was, almost a complete mystery though it was not one he cared for. Any man to leave a woman by herself to raise a child... disgraceful.

The man sighed, turning a corner as he continued on home. She helped him back last time, right? So it wasn't like he was giving away where he lived to this girl. He turned to look at her, first noticing her bright red cheeks. "Are you okay?" he asked dutifully. As a medicine man of sorts, he was always on guard as to how to help people within his expertise, illnesses of which were a part of. Perhaps she had a fever or something of that sort, his mind instantly thinking of what would help for a fever.
Anonymous
Nov 3, 2012 22:20:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2012 22:20:28 GMT -6

Shachi peered at him through the corner of her eye, still feeling incredibly awkward as she tried to grasp this situation. It was a hell of an example of looking from the outside in, she'd never had to suffer through the death of close family or the like, and she knew he had to be feeling horrible, and she felt even worse because she understood she couldn't share his pain with him. She was naive, and certainly the type to offer a shoulder to lean against and open herself up to other's issues, even forsaking her own in the process. But, without the experience she never could truly help him, at least that's what she told herself. "'m positive it will all work out Yuuta... Just gotta have faith." She mumbles awkwardly, blushing furiously still and cursing herself for the weak response.

"W-What? Me? Yeah, I'm cool." The Equalist replied with a wave of her hand, trying to divert the topic away from her before she pointed her chin down and hid her hands away in her pockets. "Soooo..." She whistled between her teeth, shuffling a bit and rolling her eyes upward. "Why are you worrying about me?" She asked, still not being able to bear looking him in the eye. "I thought we agreed no pity parties."
Anonymous
Nov 3, 2012 22:48:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2012 22:48:41 GMT -6

Faith?!, he wanted to scream at her. How could he have faith in something that seemed so hopeless? All he wanted was to have as much time with the woman who raised him all on her own. He had sacrificed so much to get her help so that she could come back and live a long, happy life, but if all of it was for naught then shouldn't he have her back, spending the most of his time with her in her last days? The thing he feared the most was a letter or a knock at the door from someone to tell him his mother passed on without him by her side. The idea of it all just made him so stressed.

"I'm an herbalist. I help people," Yuuta decided to say, keeping as much resentment out of his voice as possible. Somewhere down in that rock-hard heart of his, he was glad she remembered their first encounter. Despite how annoying it was to be around her (it still was) and how many times she stuck by his side even if he continuously pushed her away was somewhat pleasing. While everyone and everything he pushed away left, there she was, stalking him.

"Yeah. No pity parties," he said with a tinge of nostalgia in his voice and a small smile cracking the edges of his lips. "Fine, I won't ask again," the herbalist said simply to tease the poor woman, though he doubted she would get the fact he was teasing. In all actuallity, it probably sounded like he was really annoyed at her for correcting him with that gruff voice and closed in body language.
Anonymous
Nov 26, 2012 11:25:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 26, 2012 11:25:50 GMT -6

"Cool." She replied back airily as she kept the pace, she continued to shoot glances at him now and then, always looking away at the last moment so it wouldn't seem like she was staring, she just had an odd tick where she would jerk in the opposite direction of Yuuta when he looked at her. That wasn't odd! "Right! Because nothing more boring than pity parties right? I mean you don't want to hear me whine for six hours about my elbow- SPEAKING of which, herbalist is a kind of doctor right? Because ever since I got hi-" She". catches herself and clears her throat. "I mean ever since i hit it myself it's been a bit bum, and it snaps when I throw things.
Anonymous
Nov 26, 2012 16:02:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 26, 2012 16:02:28 GMT -6

Yuuta continued walking on, forgetting where he needed to go to. Shachi seemed to take a large portion of his though process, leaving him with little to remember what he was doing before. Now that was new. Back to the matter at hand: the shop or the apartment? Heading back to the place he slept might require some social curtesy where he invites her in to give her a cup of tea (not like Shuai bought any good tea leaves). But heading to the shop might keep him there, which also meant sleeping on the sick beds. Though it did well in an emergency, this was not one of those times and going there and willingly sleeping there, risking his health, was not something he wasn't going to do.

"Here, let me see," he said with a sigh as he stopped walking and turned towards her, picking up the arm she had been talking about, one that was less relaxed and presumed to be the injured one. He rolled up her sleeve, noticing a bit of bruising and discoloration. He was a medicine man, with the knowledge of how to cure illnesses, though not with the knowledge of fixing broken legs or burnt fingers. Still, health always interacted with other areas of health, leaving him with bit of an idea on what he was looking at.

"The muscles are inflamed. I'd suggest asprin and not moving it around as much," he told her at long last, gently letting go of her arm, stuffing his hands into his pockets that still tingled from the touch of his skin. "Compression helps as well- try bandaging it." He looked at the street sign as they passed it. He was almost back to the apartment.
Anonymous
Dec 13, 2012 21:00:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 13, 2012 21:00:08 GMT -6

"Don't move it around so much? You do remember what I do right?" Shachi asks, tenderly rubbing the offending elbow, which just seemed to smart so much more now that they had called attention to it. "Us glassblowers have to lift things, a lot." She mumbles, trying to cover herself. She had already spilled the beans of course, but she didn't want to keep dropping tidbits, made her feel like a liability to the cause. She glanced over at Yuuta and gave him an encouraging smile in an attempt to say she was being royal honest, even if her averted eyes told the truth, she was quite honestly the world's worst liar. And as soon as he looked towards her she'd look away and out towards the street, now feeling quite foolish.

"You're not mad at me are you?" Shachi finally asks, breaking the no doubt ensuing awkward silence. She wasn't sure why she cared so much, but she felt in her gut she had messed up and it was eating away at her, quite quickly chewing away at her bubbly shell and leaving an anxious pit in her stomach. Darn Yuuta, why did you have to be so brooding and mysterious?
Anonymous
Dec 14, 2012 16:54:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 14, 2012 16:54:11 GMT -6

Yuuta sighed, noticing he was smiling at her comment and forced himself to frown again. He didn't like to smile; he wasn't sure why, it just felt like too much effort and too much of an opening for other people to feel comfortable and friendly around him. But maybe he was willing to smile around Shachi? The though befuddled him, so he ignored it. For now, at least. "Oh yeah, glassblowing and, what else? Secret book clubs?" he retorted, feeling like he made some sort of joke. Well, that was something new. "But, hey, take my advice or don't." If she wanted to let it hurt, he wasn't going to stop her.

"Why would I be mad at you?" he asked. Sure, he had a grumpy demeanor that a lot of people thought that meant he was angry or irratated with him, but that was rarely the case. For most people. There were people he just couldn't stand. He would apply that group to Shachi, but, somehow, her annoying demeanor was a welcome distraction. "Here, I'll wrap your elbow. I have some supplies in the apartment." She had helped him here last time and he hoped she wouldn't over think the gesture to think he care about her or cared about her cause. She was... a, uh, friend, he guessed. And one of the few people that could deal with him, which was a group that included his roommate Shuai and his mother. Even his own master wanted him gone sometimes. Shachi on the other hand had actually followed him around. That was certainly a first.

He limped up the stairs, using the hand railing and his cane to help him up so not to anger his bad leg. By the door, he inserted the key, opening the door for Shachi, entering behind her. "Take a seat," he told her as he gestured towards the couch, leaving his cane by the front door, leaning it against the wall before heading towards his room where he grabbed a roll of gauze, taking it back to the living room. Taking a seat on the couch was relaxing and nice to get the pressure off his leg. "Give me your arm."
Anonymous
Jan 15, 2013 12:07:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 15, 2013 12:07:00 GMT -6

"Secret books clubs are serious business you know. She retorted back simply, turning her arm to get a glimpse of her her elbow, why did things ALWAYS have to hurt more once you called attention to them. "You really don't have to..." She trails off to his offer to help, still nipping after him and quite aware of her pace so as to not overstep him, he was leading the way and as such she was to follow. It was only good manners after all (mind you, stalking someone is the exact opposite of good manners). She would stay quiet a little longer, lapsing back into her naturally awkward state before clearing her throat. "Well you know, happening on you outta nowhere like that, yeah?" She still seemed quite reluctant to actually admit she was stalking him.

But once she was in his apartment she made note to soak everything in, breaking out of her little awkward turtle shell for the time and jotting down the details in her head. While still far from being the fighter she wished to be, she'd picked up a keen eye in her training and the tendency to catalog her surroundings quite well, no fire traps, it didn't seem like a police ambush had been set and she could count at least two viable exits, all the while looking like she was just lounging on the couch leisurely while whistling a flowery little tune. "Oh, sure thing boss." She'd remark a little nonchalantly as he came back over before offering her injured arm to him and wincing a small bit.
Anonymous
Jan 15, 2013 14:53:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 15, 2013 14:53:18 GMT -6

With her arm in his hands, he quickly set to work, noticing he had been doing a lot more outwardly help than the internal help he actually professionally provided. Helping with sores, cuts and sprains were for the other practitioners, not a man who kept himself in the line of help of the diseases of the body. The common cold changed constantly, so finding the right mix of herbs and minerals was tricky but it wasn't like he was working blind. He knew his stuff. That stuff that now included working as a normal physician. He couldn't remember why he had always been so into medicines or helping others as he was not much of a people's person, but he liked it. Need there be anymore reason?

Shachi was certainly a character of her own, stalking him, an Equalist bad with lying skills and rather stubborn in her effort to befriend him. Much to his dismay, what she was doing actually worked. He couldn't remember being able to look back on a person and think thoughts of reminiscence. He wasn't thinking of Shachi as his best friend or anything, but she was certainly the closest he's been with most people. And to think that she stalked him. Now that thought just threw everything out of proportions.

"I want to help," he told her as he unwound the gauze, tearing the strip of it off from the rest of the roll when he deemed it long enough for the moment of need. "It makes me feel... nice," he said out loud as the realization hit him. "I've never been a people's person, much less the kind of person people want to be around. Helping others is my way of being nice, I guess," he confessed, the insecurity of his voice a new sound even to himself.

He straightened her arm and draped the gauze on lightly to flatten it out before holding one end in place as he wrapped the rest around her elbow. When her elbow was fully covered, he tied the two ends together, letting go of her arm altogether now that his work was done. He sunk into the couch, the day's worth of stress just melting off. "I wish I could do something like that for my leg," he chided, a hint of a smile -but a smile nonetheless- on his lips.
Anonymous
Mar 9, 2013 21:26:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 9, 2013 21:26:52 GMT -6

Shachi glanced down at her own leg smiling a bit lopsidedly in her own special awkward way as Yuuta worked on her arm, eliciting a small little hiss from the girl as she winces and bites her lip. Despite being anything but a stranger to pain, whether it's from her habitual clumsiness or the wear and tear from her 'secret book club' she still can't help but squeal and flinch. Don't even get her started on needles. "Be gentle." She whispers with a very clearly embellished pout before she shoots him a wry grin and bats her eyelashes. Might hurt a bit, but she couldn't let the opportunity to mess with him any small bit pass her up!

And once he's done she pulls her arm back, a little marveling smile on her face as she gently flexed her arm and twisted it back and forth to inspect the bandage before nodding in approval. She had to admit it gave her a kind of character, a little badge of honor even! And really, who would ever think the little bandaged girl was an equalist fighter? What a ridiculous accusation that would be! "Well, is there anything you can do for your leg?" She asks, giving him a soft frown as she scooted up and leaned over to the right on the couch to eye the offending limb. It was probably a dumb question, but it had to be better than another long drawn out awkward silence.

"Though I will say it's totally cool that you take care of people. Kind of a rare thing to see that kind of kindness I guess?" She interjected with a cheesy kind of smile as she rubbed the back of her neck. Hopefully she wasn't interjecting in a long drawn out tirade. Though, if it was about her being dumb she totally meant it.
Anonymous
Mar 10, 2013 16:00:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 10, 2013 16:00:45 GMT -6

Yuuta rolled his eyes at her little plea. "Don't," he said simply, though when he glanced up, seeing her bat her eyelashes, his gaze quickly went right back down. Why did she have to tease him like that? It was unfair! No, not unfair. That was just how she was. It was... annoying. Yeah, that's it. She's always been annoying, why should anything be different now? The longer he thought on it, the less it annoyed him.

He shook his head, a little entertained for the moment, the faint smile growing into a real one. "No, not really," he told her as his hands went to his hair, pulling out the ribbon that held his hair in the ponytail. "Have... have I told you?" he asked, raising a brow at the young woman, unable to remember if he had told her or not how his leg became the way it was.

"When I was younger, I got hit by a satomobile and my mom could barely afford to keep up with the rent, so getting me to a healer was something we couldn't afford so the muscle is permantly damaged. To tell the truth, we both thought I just had broken a bone, put a splint on it and I rested." He remembered when he was younger, after the accident, always wondering why his leg never ceased to hurt. Of course, it didn't hurt as much then as it did now, the muscle being older and more worn down over time.

He was taken back by her statement. "Really?" he asked her. Her and her "secret book club" thought they were helping people in a sense, but perhaps she meant in a more physical sort of way, the kind of treatment he provided. "Probably even rarer for someone like me," he said with a sigh. More often than not, people in his profession were soothing and kind. Him, he was irritable and snappy. The last thing a stranger might think of him as would be a herbalist.

He coughed into his hand. "On the topic of, uh, stating the obvious, I have to say I'd never pitch you at the kind of person who would want to Equalize everyone. Why?"
Anonymous
Apr 1, 2013 11:07:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 1, 2013 11:07:32 GMT -6

Shachi knit her brow as he explained his injury, she glanced between his eyes and his leg before letting out a short little sigh and sprawling out on to the couch. Now how was she supposed to meet that kind of baggage, normally her youthful disposition spurred her on to try to one up her companions, but she chose to be sensitive for about the third time in her life. "That's a bad turn." She'd tut at his story, rubbing a hand on the back of her neck awkwardly and tilting her head back and forth before she smiles a little lopsidedly. "Well, everything happens for a reason yeah? I mean, er- you know..." She'd trail off, cursing herself under her breath and just knowing she totally blew it there. "But yeah, totally!" She'd add very quickly to his questioning, possibly in an attempt to cut him off if he was going to chew her out for being dumb.

Though at that final question she can't help but cant her head sharply to the right, causing a bit of her hair to fall before her eyes as she purses her lips. "What does that mean? I mean, you'd think everyone would want to be equal and have the same opportunity and looked upon the same by their peers." She remarks, tapping a finger on her leg in an almost irritated fashion, well, at least she's yet to go all ham on Yuuta with the conspiracy theories and expounding on what she saw were blatant and grievous examples of injustices against Non-benders.
Anonymous
Apr 9, 2013 22:39:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 9, 2013 22:39:33 GMT -6

Yuuta shook his head at her comments. Stupid, he thought to himself, but then he started to realize something. She wasn't stupid or idiotic; she was ignorant. He resisted the urge to scowl or verbalize his thoughts, afraid his tongue might slip and he'd hurt her feelings. He was good at that kind of thing, apparently. Shachi had nothing to say in reply to his tragic story and for a person that spilled her heart out to -what seemed like- everyone she came across, he was doubtful that she was holding anything back from him. "Whatever," he found himself saying before he really realized that he had said it.

He sighed, sinking into the couch as he tried to relax his body - or more specifically his leg. "If everyone was equal, what would be the point to living?" he said, trying to sound as upbeat as he could so what he said didn't sound to melodramatic. "If everyone was the same, there would be no point to most of services people provide. What if it doesn't stop at bending? What about the wealthy- benders or nonbenders. Would you take their money and spread it out to everyone- the alcoholics, the poor, the well off, the thieves, the police?" At this point he realized he didn't know where he was going with this train of thought.

"The differences people have is what makes us all human and interesting," he said, his green eyes glistening with distant thoughts. "Is it really their fault that they're born with something that you and I aren't? Maybe I should go kick down the next person I see running around because I need them to be on my level of handicapped?" he asked her as he turned to face her, suddenly angry. Who was there to decide what was right and what was wrong? What people should or shouldn't have? Yes, it would be nice if everyone could get along and nonbenders weren't passed up for jobs that benders could get but was it really necessary to be so frustrated at them?