The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Can I Keep Him? [tag: Zombi, Airi]

Anonymous
Dec 5, 2012 14:23:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 5, 2012 14:23:01 GMT -6

Time passed quickly, the world moving on even if people weren't ready to keep up with it. For a while, after the death of her mother, Mei had been one of those people that no matter how hard they tried, moving on didn't seem like something possible. With the help of Iluak, Ling and, yes, in some way, Hyuk-Jae she managed to bring herself up to pace. Every day was still challenging but it was manageable now. She had more energy for work, helping out at the clinic and finding more jobs for their agency. It seemed like everything was starting to go back to normal.

Mei sat at the table with a cup of green tea, a few pieces of gemminite in a small bowl and a stack of papers in front of her. It had been a shame that their agency had become popular, but only in the fact people wanted Ling to protect them. Rarely would someone come in to hire them, but that didn't mean that they had no jobs whatsoever. She had taken it upon herself to place around a few posters on her way home from the clinic, trying to take different routes to cover more ground. The result was a handful of phone calls with small jobs. Even if they were small, it did bring in some more money.

"Okay,"
[/color] she responded when her sister took to the door. Continuing on with her work and her snack, she sorted out which ones to do first, judging by pay and difficulty of the task. The last few jobs they had seemed to show Mei had better luck getting jobs done quickly when they involved finding the truth. One job had it so where she was tracking a supposedly unfaithful husband, which turned out to be the opposite. Another she did was when a small business needed to know who was swiping money from the register.

Ling came back and the older sister failed to recognize the sudden change in her movements, more focused on sorting the jobs. She didn't look up until Ling dropped the news on her, causing Mei to drop her teacup which hit the table with a small thud and spilling the leftover tea on the nearest pile of paper."W-what...?"[/color] she stuttered, her pale blue eyes locked on her sibling.

"T-thats impossible,"[/color] she denied, though knowing the police wouldn't lie about such a thing. Even if they did, what would it gain them besides Mei's loss of sanity? To think that not only was she not there in her mother's final hour because of work, but that someone had been here? in their home? The idea was too much to handle.

Mei-zhen slumped back in her chair, her hang going to cover her agape mouth. It was more than a few moments later when she decided to speak again. "We have to find this suspect."[/color] If it was true that their mother's life could have been longer but was cut short by another then she wanted to find this person. She wanted to beat them to a pulp. She wanted them to know how much pain she had felt, if not more. Rage seemed to take the place of her surprise and depression, though she kept it hidden. Still, she wanted to cry.[/blockquote]
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jan 4, 2013 14:15:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 4, 2013 14:15:37 GMT -6

[ go ahead and skip my turn, girls — I don't think HJ can help much at this exact moment, anyway! ]
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 28, 2013 6:43:01 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
[OOC: I assume Z is going to be fairly busy until May (no pun intended) so for now it might be best to move this to a different thread after this post? We can always start a new thread with Z/HJ when she's got more time on her hands. Please excuse the HJ godmoding. Zombi, if you want to get in on this feel free to bring HJ back in!

EDIT: Z says it's okay to keep going here and she'll bring HJ back in when we get to consulting Lee.

Reminder: Timeline is pre-Amon/Arena]

————————————

Ling slumped in her chair, more than a little overwhelmed. She had known, in her gut, that there was something fishy about Ma-ma's sudden death. While Ma-ma had been getting on in her years and took ill more frequently than she did when they were children, she was far from invalid. And things had been looking up, too! The freckled sister assumed that her mother had found someone to see, socially; there was a new spring in her mother's step and a twinkle in her eyes that Ling hadn't seen in years.

There was a harsh noise from the living room, and Ling looked up, startled. Hyuk-jae stood, staring at them, looking mightily uncomfortable.
"I'll just... I'll go out for a bit," he murmured in a soft voice, beating a hasty retreat out the front door. Ling nodded dumbly and waved a farewell; she couldn't blame him for wanting to go. This was a personal issue for her and Mei; Hyuk-jae had never met their mother, not to mention that it was their mother's passing that allowed him to move in with them. The door shut with a gentle click, and Ling turned her attention to her older sister.

"So what do we do?" she asked miserably. "We can't just go knocking down peoples' doors, or bursting into the police station." Ling shook her head, her cowlicks flying. "They'll revoke our P.I. licenses — at best. We'd probably wind up in jail for impeding a police investigation. From what I've head, Chief Bei Fong isn't too keen on people taking the law into their own hands."

She put her head onto the table, the cool, smooth wood smooshing against her cheek and muffling her voice, oblivious to the spilled tea seeping into her hair. "We could always ask Katsumi to keep an ear out, or I can ask my contacts at the docks." Ling sniffed in thought. What they needed was an insider at the station, someone willing to snoop around for them; a cop, perhaps, or a desk clerk. Heck, even the janitor would do.

But she didn't know anyone like that, as far as she could recall.

"Maybe you can ask Iluak if he knows anyone that works at the station," she suggested.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 2, 2013 17:34:52 GMT -6