The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

World Games

spode
Aug 26, 2012 0:47:36 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 26, 2012 0:47:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
What if there were an Olympic-esque events in the Avatar world either in the past, present, or the future?

Are there enough known events that could make up a good combination?

What rules might have to be effected to ensure fairness for the other nations?

Who would have hosted the first games and first modern games?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 26, 2012 5:02:23 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
The only current "professional" sport is Probending, so I don't know if there would be anything any time soon. I think the first games would be hosted in Republic City, since it's a hub of technological advances (and Probending started there too).
This user is Mod
spode
Aug 26, 2012 6:49:17 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 26, 2012 6:49:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was thinking of the Fire Nation since it'll be a great way to show how much progress they have made since the war in terms of peace.

There is still plenty that could be made into an Olympic event. Not much though.

Ice/rock dodging
Earth rumble (I feel obligated to include this)
Soccer
Redemption (Aang probably made this into a real game)
Pai Sho
Pro-bending
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 30, 2012 20:20:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 30, 2012 20:20:39 GMT -6

Well, for the moment, the avatar world does seem to be paralleling ours in terms of tech and what not. The Olympics were introduced as a international peace event (so to say) in the late 1800's. It is possible they'd have something similar.similar
This user is a former member
spode
Aug 30, 2012 22:18:35 GMT -6

Post by spode on Aug 30, 2012 22:18:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
What about The Asian Games?

And is pro-bending like Football or more like American Football?

I sometimes think the latter. Especially when Football already exists.
This user is a guest