The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Spoilers] Season Finale (Ep. 11-12)

kgal
Jun 23, 2012 11:59:17 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 23, 2012 11:59:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay. Just like the other threads, discuss here.

My main note is the ending. I honestly was a bit disappointed. I definitely squee'd when Aang appeared and Korra went into the Avatar State, but at the same time... Idk. I feel like Korra suddenly achieving her spirituality was a little too sudden.

To be honest, I think she should have lost all but her airbending. Then, next season she could have worked hard at that internal struggle with her spirituality. It just went too fast for me.

Other than that, I screamed when I saw the airbenders on stage. I was so nervous.

And OMG Amon. I liked the backstory a ton, but I think it went on a little long. Still, it provided a lot of inspiration into both characters' motivations.

In any case, it was a great episode. I wish it had gone a little more slowly. It seemed to rush on by. And now Lin can bend again, and I believe Iroh's gonna be part of the Krew =]

Discuss.
This user is a guest
hotaru
Jun 23, 2012 12:05:02 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 23, 2012 12:05:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Iroh? Part of Team Avatar? Yes please :D

The Amon backstory was satisfying enough, but I wish he had actually gone down with his cause. If he had caused that burn himself to show just how dedicated he was to the movement, that would have been pretty epic. I mean, Tarrlok himself said that Amon truly believed in the Equalist idea, but it never really seemed like that at the end, especially with him attacking the Lieutenant.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 23, 2012 13:19:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2012 13:19:46 GMT -6

I think I died somewhere in the last few minutes and went into avatar heaven. I loved the ending, and there were tears in my eyes when the past Avatars all showed up. I do agree that it might have been better if Korra had had to work to get her other elements back next season--'cause what will the plot of season 2 be if not that--but I loved seeing Lin get her bending back.

I was both happy and disappointed by the revelation of who Amon was. Like, I'm really happy he wasn't anybody we know or anyone from the first series, but at the same time I would have really loved if his ability had not been bending-related. I loved watching him bloodbend, though. The way people contort is really cool to see. Also, I think I'm still in shock over Tarlok blowing up the boat. It happened, and I just kept muttering, "Amon's dead," to myself. It just seems so weird. He was the big bad guy and now he's gone. I guess the second season's gonna be really interesting and maybe disconnected from the first in terms of plot.

I did love Amon's backstory, though, the way it showed him and Tarlok as kids. I think if Tarlok had just said they were brothers and we hadn't actually seen them as kids I wouldn't have liked it, but with that backstory I ended up being okay with who Amon is.

I kinda wish Iroh had done more, since he is an awesome general dude, but it's okay, I'm sure he'll show up in season 2. I am bothered by his voice; I think he sounds just like Zuko, and thus too young for his age (which I guess is mid-30s). But I like him, and I'd like to see more of him.

On a related note, I think Bumi is now my favorite character. Aang's child shows up AND CROWS LIKE A ROOSTER. That was wonderful, and I really hope that he shows up a lot more in season 2. I'd also like to see Kya, but even if all we see in Tenzin/Bumi interaction I'll be fine with that too.

One thing that really impressed me was the technology--planes and turrets!--and how it was integrated with bending. That was really cool, and I just found myself laughing and muttering, "They have bombers."

This is getting to be long, so I'll wrap it up. TL;DR: I loved the finale, even if there were parts I didn't like, and I'm super excited for season 2.
This user is a former member
salv
Jun 23, 2012 13:25:03 GMT -6

Post by salv on Jun 23, 2012 13:25:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
hotaru Avatar

The Amon backstory was satisfying enough, but I wish he had actually gone down with his cause. If he had caused that burn himself to show just how dedicated he was to the movement, that would have been pretty epic. I mean, Tarrlok himself said that Amon truly believed in the Equalist idea, but it never really seemed like that at the end, especially with him attacking the Lieutenant.

My main complaint right here. From the very beginning, Amon had been one of my favorite characters in the entire show. I liked his character design. I liked his personality. I liked his cause. He seemed to have everything together--from his skills on the battlefield to his skills as a strategist and to even being a captivating orator when the situation arised. To me, he represented the idea that not everyone was a-okay with the Avatar, hopeful world dominators aside.

And then the Season Finale. Something about having a name and a face undid the character, in my opinion. It was as if he was no longer one step ahead as he'd always been, and was somehow a new character altogether. Maybe he was just overconfident. I don't feel as though Amon would have carelessly revealed his true abilities, unless he was truly compromised, like we saw with Tarrlok. Dude should've known better not to bend a massive waterspout with him at its very top too...

EDIT: If this sounds like I hated the finale, don't worry. I don't. I was disappointed, but overall I think everything came together well-enough for an ending. Like others have mentioned above me, I do wish some things could have been done slightly better, though none of them have stopped me from being a fan. I do still love Korra and I am eagerly awaiting Book 2 as well.
This user is a guest
Last edit by salv: Jun 23, 2012 13:38:10 GMT -6
jin
Jun 23, 2012 14:18:06 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 23, 2012 14:18:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I agree with the Amon thing. It really did remove him as a villain, and instead seemed to make him the victim from his fathers grasp. That, and the whole Mako/Asami/Korra thing. Um...what? Did they break up? Is Asami fine with those two? Is Mako truly a cheating dirtbag that really has no qualms with being said dirtbag? Does Korra not mind being the "other" girl? They kinda left it in the air and didn't really give us any closure with that.

Besides those two points, the entire finale had me on edge. Bumi was awesome, Aang kicked a whole lot of arse without kicking any at all and I knew that the Avatar state would somehow stop Amon's bending blocking. However, on that topic did Amon like...put an over amount of blood in the brain to sever the connection in that portion of the brain? Did he DRAIN the blood from the brain from that portion (I realize this is probably impossible)?

And omg When she started giving everyone their bending back. Holy god. So, with this in mind, can she take bending too? I think so, but my friend thinks she's restricted to only giving bending,

Also, and this will have a curse word so I'll spoiler it.

Tarlok went out like a motha' fucking BOSS!
This user is a guest
Last edit by salv: Jun 23, 2012 14:19:07 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 23, 2012 14:24:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2012 14:24:11 GMT -6

Oh yeah, Jin reminded me. Not happy with the whole Korra/Mako/Asami thing, and wondering what will happen with that. Hoping that Korra realizes that Mako is not a good guy to be with.

Post by Gia on Jun 23, 2012 14:47:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I was torn throughout the entire finale. I hated when Amon took Korra's benidng, because... this is Avatar Without bending, she is not the Avatar, so what's the point? (That's my opinion anyway, I know that there are others who disagree with me, which is fine.) I loved the ending because everything was set right again. I do feel that at times it was a little too fast, and the back story, which I loved by the way, went on a bit too long, but overall, even though parts of me had me annoyed, it was overall very well done.
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 23, 2012 14:54:10 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 23, 2012 14:54:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Is it just me, or was this MUCH less Deus Ex Machima-ish??? this time? I mean, in TLA, energybending came out of nowhere, but here, we could have suspected Amon to be Tarrlok's brother....
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 23, 2012 15:06:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2012 15:06:47 GMT -6

I agree with Hotaru that some of the surprises made Amon look weak. The fake scars were disappointing because there could have been such a cool twist if Amon was telling the truth and Tarlok was lying. Besides, I had Amon pegged as someone dedicated enough to mangle his own face to further his goal.

If another season comes around an actually scarred Amon could come around assuming he survived the explosion.
It was a nice ending and I still think there are future stories to be mined from The Equalists. The Lieutenant and Sato are probably still true believers.

I'm of the opposite opinion of Karena about the ending, though. I was disappointed things turned out so well. There could have been a lot of drama to mine from a de-powered Korra and police force but this way it ties up the season nicely. I would enjoy another season but would hate a cliffhanger on a series I wasn't sure was going to be renewed.
jiggyt35
Jun 23, 2012 15:38:26 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Jun 23, 2012 15:38:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I really liked the Lieutenant in the end, because he became the dedicated solider for the cause that we previously thought Amon was. I loved it when he catches Amon blood bending and yells "I devoted my life to you!" I really respect the Lieutenant because he never really had any interaction with other characters and still ended up with more development than Bolin (-.-). He became the Martyr that we were all looking for in Amon. Still it was very unclear as to weather he died or not.

And speaking of Bolin, I don't ship Borra too hard but I was definitely not OK with how Mako gets the girl then tells Bolin he's being inappropriate when Bo's just trying to look on the bright side ("At least you unlocked your airbending"). If I ship anything other than BolinxNaga for season 2 I'm going to get my heart broken.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 23, 2012 16:39:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2012 16:39:47 GMT -6

I hope that the Lieutenant sticks around if Korra has another season. I've been a Lance Henriksen fan a long time so it was awesome to hear him doing a voice in Korra.

I can see Mako getting annoyed with Bolin's optimism since when a loss is so fresh you last thing you want to tell you to look on the bright side. I agree it's sad that Bolin didn't get much focus as a character but at least he got an episode where he got to take the heroine out on a date and win a bending match...hmm...there I go looking on the bright side.
suyami
Jun 23, 2012 20:37:39 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Jun 23, 2012 20:37:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I thought one of the best scenes was between Asami and her dad, it was intense and emotional and great. Made me respect Asami a lot more as a character. I'm so happy we got to see Aang, but it did feel a little deus ex machina. I thought we could have waited till the next season. Then again, I loved seeing her go into the Avatar State.

I love Iroh. Especially when he flew and became Irohman. And if he isn't part of Team Avatar next season I may cry.

The Amon stuff was very interesting. How Tarlok took him out was very sad, but well done.

As for the Makorra ending... hmm. Seemed a little fast, and also made me go "What about Asami!?" I also wished there'd been more Bolin development. He's one of my fave characters and seems ignored more often than not... :(

BUT I enjoyed the finale immensely and am sad we have to wait for so long for Season 2!!
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 23, 2012 20:57:30 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 23, 2012 20:57:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My absolute FAVORITE part was when Aang came out of nowhere and Korra finally connected to her spiritual side :'( :'( :'( This finale was just so...so emotional :'(
This user is a guest
greyiris
Jun 24, 2012 1:30:14 GMT -6

Post by greyiris on Jun 24, 2012 1:30:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I love Avatar Aang SO SO MUCH ;; I almost cried when he appeared. I agree that it seemed too easy for Korra to get her bending back, but its okay because at least she could restore Lin's bending. General Iroh is wicked cool but I wish he didn't have his father's voice, as much as I love Zuko. Mako was really impressive with his bending and I'm glad he and Korra worked out. Also NAGA KICKS BUTT.

Amon's backstory was okay. I liked that he and Tarlok were brothers. and I should have known that he was a bender all along. But I feel like Yacon is a pretty random character even though they did try to incorporate him into the story, the plot revolving him and his family seemed far fetched for some reason.. I don't know I'm just not sure I think they were really fishing for some connection and to me it was a flop. BUT it did actually make me feel sort of bad for both of them. Amon had such a warped vision of the world because of his father. Not sad he died though lol.
This user is a guest
azn
Jun 24, 2012 10:58:56 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 24, 2012 10:58:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*sigh* a bit disappointed to see how it ended. The story-telling flashback was a little long and felt too much like 'the easy way' to explain things. Suddenly Yakone has a 'sad' story that ties Amon's bending explanations into it. It felt too cliche; too lack-luster. great, he's a bloodbending prodigy, how original. I KNOW they could have come up with a better story -_-
Also, the last 10 or so minutes could have been stretched into the next book for an episode or two of soul-searching and heart-searching.

I feel like the book would have ended in a nice cliff-hanger if 1)Amon's identity wasn't explained (yet), 2)Korra lost all but airbending, 3)Korra didn't say 'i love you' yet, 4)Amon controlled Republic CIty, and then it ended. Yes, I would have been mad about being left with a cliffhanger, but at least you look forward to resolutions in story. The real end left you with nothing to question. Avatar Korra has all elements, possess energy bending, made a love-connection, and got all the bad guys.

With all the negativity out of the way:

what an episode. I was at the edge of my seat (until the end). With everything in book 1 having closure, this opens books 2 and 3 to completely new and wilder plots. I am hoping that the 'source' of bending is something that is focused on. Amon's bloodbending had something to do with taking the bending, but it was never really explained. Science in the Avaterverse is starting to really emerge and with it, I am hoping, a kind of "bendology". Perhaps the REAL bad-guy will be the one who taught Amon the secret to locking powers? Or maybe a new leader will emerge for the Equallists. Even though Amon was taken down, the Equalist movement probably still has a lot of followers, especially now they see their leader was a manipulative bender.

I also am looking forward to see how they come up with ways to integrate bending into technology.
Also, did anyone notice just how Korra airbended? Other than hooking her punches more, she seemed to throw air the same way she firebends, but her air-gusts were far more controlled: very cool.

They already did a great job "Evolving" the world of avatar. I can't wait to see what they make next now that they can really craft a full multi-season story.
This user is a guest
Last edit by salv: Jun 24, 2012 11:00:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 25, 2012 18:39:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 25, 2012 18:39:36 GMT -6

There’s so much about this season finale that was great and a little annoying at the same time. For one I was one of the several people who have DirecTV and was trying to watch the East Coast feed which is channel 299 and during the show it kept glitching out with the screen flashing black for at least a good third of the episode…and yes this only happened on this channel all others were fine just my luck…:/

Now to the actual show…

I’ll start with what I did not enjoy as much and then end of a positive note since I did actually enjoy the finale even if it wasn’t perfect per say.

The main thing that bothered me is how the show wrapped up most of their plot lines making us wonder exactly what the second book is going to be about. In A:TLA end of book 1 Siege of the North fails, but the war is still going on, end of book 2 Ba Sing Se falls Aang is badly injured, but the war is still going on, end of book 3 end of the war and end of the show. With Korra the Equalist movement looks for the most part dead especially given Amon is now gone…though of course they could still have someone else take over as leader like how Azula took over Zhao’s role…sort of.

I also felt the same way about how at the end Korra got all her powers back and figured out how to restore the bending…I just feel like some of you, that this should have been the focus of the next book since this book really did not have a lot of spiritual connections going on like in the first series. I just hope that book 2 is just going to be very busy with whatever the main plot is to justify why they tied up everything so quickly…

Also the love triangle just seems a little odd and at one point it almost looked like they were going to move Asami with Bolin….poor Bolin he seems to be just the forgotten one when it comes to stuff like this…

While I very much like that Dante Basco returned for Korra I did feel that well his voice just did not cut it for General Iroh. I mean he did not try to alter his voice at all and used the exact same voice for General Iroh that he also used for Zuko…now this would not have been that bad except Zuko was 16-17 and General Iroh is much older so really it is like giving a teenager’s voice to a grown adult. (Yes I know Dante Basco is an adult but you still get what I’m trying to say.)

Also with General Iroh was anyone a little confused that he could use his firebending to fly. Correct me if I’m wrong on this but I could have sworn the only real time we ever saw this happen was when Ozai did this during the comet oh and Jeong Jeong….and I’m pretty sure there was no comet during the finale. In A:TLA we never really saw Zhao, Zuko, or even Azula who was supposed to be a prodigy and the closest that they got to flying was to either using firebending to cushion their fall or use their firebending as a type of propulsion to make them leap higher….though if for some reason I’m just totally getting this wrong and there was evidence back in the old show for this please point me out as being wrong.

Now on to the good parts! ^.^

I did love how Amon was revealed and even went as far as to make up his whole identity to gain support for his group. Even the fake scar seemed a little much for a TV-Y7 show I mean even his lip was deformed which was a bit more graphic than the scar that Zuko has. I almost for the longest part thought that Amon and Tarrlok were working together and it was interesting to see that they were in fact related I totally did not expect that. There was for a brief moment that I thought Tarrlok was lying and just trying to build up a bigger divide among the non-benders and the benders. I seriously thought that Tarrlok was trying to make the benders and Avatar look evil and push the non-benders into Amon’s group to build up the movement.

I am kind of curious as to what happens with the Equalist group now that Amon is gone. I guess you could argue the Lieutenant but more likely Hiroshi Sato might take over as the leader and still try to push the movement…but that does seem like a far off idea since the whole scary part about the Equalist was that Amon could take bending away and now the Avatar can return it so….not sure if the Equalist movement is dead or not.

I did like that Beifong got her bending back but since she just was bending rocks does she have to be retrained in her bending or did they just have her bend the nearest rocks around her? You could say that when the Avatar restores your bending that you have to relearn how to use your bending and that Korra is the exception to this rule since she is the Avatar after all.

It was great to see Aang and Korra interact since that is one of the main things I have been waiting for. I hope in the next book we get more interactions like this just like how Aang had more interactions with Roku. Maybe explain more of what happened after A:TLA ended and before TLK started?

I’m glad Amon never got the chance to take away the airbender kid’s bending since that just seemed too cruel to take away a power like that from young innocent kids. (Even though with the way things turned out this would not have really been that big of a deal…maybe)

With the whole backstory with Tarrlok and Noatak I felt just neutral about it…I did not love it but I did not hate it either…looking back maybe it did take too long to explain but since they now have wrapped up Amon/Noatak and Tarrlok’s story lines it makes sense that they got that much air time for their story.

So overall I am looking forward to book 2 but it sounds like the second book is still a long ways away from being done so we might not hear anything new until next year…while I am concerned as to what is going to happen next since….they kind of finished everything for the most part I’m still confident that well…the creators have something up their sleeve I mean come on it’s not like Korra came out just months after we said goodbye to the gAang they’ve had time to let the creative juices stir just like we all have with our own personal characters’ stories.
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 25, 2012 18:49:14 GMT -6
quinseparable
Jun 26, 2012 23:11:52 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jun 26, 2012 23:11:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tenshio Avatar
Oh yeah, Jin reminded me. Not happy with the whole Korra/Mako/Asami thing, and wondering what will happen with that. Hoping that Korra realizes that Mako is not a good guy to be with.

I would have to say that I completely agree. But, then again, I haven't been too fond of the who Korra\Mako\Asami thing from the beginning. Now usually I can at least tolerate love triangles in shows, but this seems kind of forced (and has so throughout the entire season I feel).

And, like a lot of you said, I feel that the backstory was definitely too long. I mean, I liked it, but that just seemed to drag on. And I like that it gave a reasoning behind Amon and Tarlock's characters, but I also felt Amon, at that moment, kind of lost his B.A.-ness that he held throughout the entire season. I guess I was just slightly disappointed with that.

But overall, I did enjoy the finale. I felt I was on a roller coaster throughout most of it.

I'm not going to lie, though, I was completely caught off guard when Amon actually did take Korra's bending away. I know I thought, like many others did, that Korra would go into the Avatar State at that moment and I was completely surprised that she did not. Kudos for not being predicatable there!

And of course, I did love the end scene with Aang and the other Avatars. However, I would have wished that Korra actually didn't get her bending back right away and that would be the focus of season 2 (granted, I do know that Korra was not originally supposed to have more than one season to begin with, and everything did have to be wrapped up completely).

But man, I am finding this harder and harder to believe that this is really a kid's show. It is definitely far darker than A:tLA ever way!
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 28, 2012 15:43:59 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 28, 2012 15:43:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ok, now don't kill me or anything but...I actually liked the way they dealt with the Mako/Korra/Asami thing. It was clever in the fact that Mako and Asami really did break up. Remember when Mako said, "No matter what happens, I want you to know how much I care about you." And Asami replied, "I care about you too." It's subtle, but they broke up with eachother right there. I mean, would you expect Mako to just walk up to her and say, "I'm leaving you for Korra." Mako is a bit of a jerk but he was a little (or alot) confused when he got into that relationship with Asami. He had to juggle feelings that he didn't understand while being caught between two girls. Anyhoo....I feel like that ending was a bit too...short? I mean, Korra gets her bending back and then WHAM! She loves Mako and then gives Lin her bending...
This user is a guest
Last edit by salv: Jun 28, 2012 15:44:15 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 2, 2012 12:57:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2012 12:57:59 GMT -6

*sighs* Good god, I have so many issues with that episode. I can't help but compare it to the ATLA finales, and I don't find it better than any of them. It's definitely a finale that can seduce the new fans, though - or maybe it's just that I'm an eternally unsatisfied person. I should definitely see it as its own kind of finale, but I just can't. I saw too much of the ATLA stuff in there to dismiss it.

Makorra in this finale turned out to be a new Zutara with a different ending. Instead of choosing the dark haired non bender with whom he had a real, loving relationship, he chose the Waterbender with whom he'd butted heads before... although this time, the two girls were on the same side. I can't say I don't like that it ended that way for them... The way it proceeded however, that's another matter. I kind of hated how everything was made better AFTER the main event was over. I hate that in general, having something or someone come out of the blue and fixing things. Why not do it before all hope seemed lost ? Was it waiting all this time because everything was going to be alright anyway ? Nonsense... I'm kind of badmouthing Aang here, I'm sorry for it. Avatar State would have prevented her from losing her bending but, whatever >.> (plus I wanted to see him in his young years, not in his forties. They can choose how they look ! Why wouldn't he choose to look like a kid again ?)

The other thing I didn't like, and couldn't help but compare to ATLA, was how it all unfolded. Korra unlocking her airbending was not an issue to me. Good for her, plus since she had already mastered all the forms, she's already badass at it - again, Avatar State, even forced, would have been better. Too bad it's less gracious with punches... No, what bothered me a little was this "going underground, infiltrating the Equalists and trying to expose Amon". It was a lot like The Southern Raiders where Zutara tracks and ambushes their target, but less cool because their priority turned out to be saving their friends and themselves instead of subduing the enemy and getting answers.

Aside from that, the aerial assault on the United Forces, while very cool, had nothing on the siege of the north. Korra's bending loss and miraculous airbending had nothing on Aang almost dying and Katara bringing him back. Iroh's Johnny Storm moments had nothing on Sokka's Airship slice - okay fine, they're on the same level. And the bending has definitely evolved from gAang era, but the special techniques like bending lightning have lost their special touch even when combat trained (except for bloodbending). That's about all I have to badmouth... Well, there's also one thing about Hiroshi Sato, but it's really not the proper time and it will be misunderstood v.v

The good stuff. First and foremost, the technology. I expected the bomber planes, not just from the preview but also because.. well, the UF was seen to come with a fleet, that was too good a Pearl Harbor opportunity to pass up. But TORPEDOES ?? O.O "Spirits, watch over these poor souls as they have sailed to their doom..." Then a lot of amazement followed. And when Iroh fell in the water I couldn't help but think that Zuko's bloodline has really bad luck with towers and explosions. Aside from that, there was the electric fence... I laughed so hard at the group getting knocked out, it reminded me so much of LOST (Daniel Dae Kim ftw ^^) and how this kind of thing seems to always work. It was unbelievable.

And lastly, the speedboat. I didn't think they'd have something like that... And I agree, Tarrlok made a maestro's stage exit. I wished he hadn't, though.

Second, and fore...something, the emotion. It was definitely an upgrade from ATLA. Hiroshi's passion, Mako and Korra's moment - not while Asami's sleeping you bunch of B( - Hiroshi and Asami's disagreement, Tarrlok's story (Dee Bradley Baker ftw ^^), Tenzin's family captured, the Lieutenant's doubts and later betrayal - what I personally heard coming out of his mouth was "I got my *ss tossed around for you !!" and almost hoped he would forgive Amon and remain his follower - Korra losing her bending, Hiroshi vs. Asami and... well, Amon and Tarrlok. The rest was the part I didn't like, as mentioned above.

Rants. I can't believe Dante Basco managed to say the lines where he mentions Zuko and Aang seriously. I wanna see some sort Behind The Scenes, and check if he laughed while trying to record them... I'm hoping Bumi's voiced by André Sogliuzzo if he's in Book 2. There's only one Bumi, that's him !! - plus I want his voice back on the show, along with Jennifer Hale and Grey DeLisle... Bolin was outshown by Naga !! She can bend metal, and he can't !! My world's crumbling !! Plus they all glared at him for seeing the bright side of things >.>... I think - read "I'm hoping" - that in next season, full fledged Avatar Korra has to deal with benders wanting to even the score. I think it's really the kind of strife that an Avatar needs to worry about, and I don't want to believe that the triads were in the show just to get beaten by the Equalists for being bad guys. They need to become badder guys, like triads are supposed to. So Batman saves the day but Quincy Sharp opens Arkham City and Hugo Strange launches Protocol- *shot*

...I have some Yakone bits that I noticed as well, and they sort of... slapped me in the face. First: SURGERY ?? OH MY GOD !! Second: DID HE MARRY KATARA ?? WHY DID SHE LOOK- Third:WHY SETTLE IN A VILLAGE ?? WHY NOT THE CAPITAL ?? Fourth: FAIL ONCE, SHAME ON THEM. FAIL TWICE, SHAME ON YOU... that one only made sense to me, I'll admit. Fifth and last: Gotta love the voice acting

*bows*
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 2, 2012 13:01:26 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 2, 2012 23:19:52 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
No body no death. I will stick to that belief until I'm told otherwise. >.>

As far as the ending — I liked it, for the most part. Hate the whole Asami/Mako/Korra thing with a firey passion. That whole "subtle breakup" thing was unsatisfactory for me, because Mako was being unfair to Asami and when it came down to it he still didn't have the guts to talk to her about it, covering it all with a blanket "oh sorry for stuff" apology. Asami and Korra BOTH deserve better — I hope Mako does something to redeem himself in my eyes next season.

Felt the ending was a little rushed, yes, but it does give me GREAT hope that the next season will make up for it, especially considering they pulled this out of their butts since Korra was originally supposed to be a miniseries (which is ~6 episodes).

I loved what they did with Amon & Tarlok. Loved the sync'd firebending, loved the way Mako got the jump on Amon, and legitimately teared up that Tarlok felt he had to do that to his brother (though I still maintain no body no death until word-of-Creators tells me otherwise [or I see otherwise]).

Very happy with it, looking forward to TARP's version. ;] I have some FABULOUS ideas.
This user is Mod