The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Korra and the Walking Dead

kaitokatashi
Jun 11, 2012 16:47:02 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 11, 2012 16:47:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
With all the talk on the news about face-eating and whatnot, I started thinking: what if a zombie apocalypse happened in the world of Korra?

I could imagine it would be like Red Dead Revolution: Undead Nightmare where zombies rise up from the ground and infect others, or perhaps like in Left 4 Dead, where the "zombies" are just people infected with disease.

Thoughts?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 11, 2012 17:07:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2012 17:07:19 GMT -6

I think in the Korra universe there would probably be a malevolent spirit involved so the some of the more common notions of zombies could be dispensed with. If the zombies still had access to their bending and minds they'd be even more dangerous.

A disease or curse would be better. Something like the comic "Crossed" where something causes homicidal urges in regular people rather than slowly shuffling dead people. Standard zombies wouldn't cut it in the Korra universe.
This user is a former member
kaitokatashi
Jun 11, 2012 17:09:39 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 11, 2012 17:09:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
oni Avatar
I think in the Korra universe there would probably be a malevolent spirit involved so the some of the more common notions of zombies could be dispensed with. If the zombies still had access to their bending and minds they'd be even more dangerous.

A disease or curse would be better. Something like the comic "Crossed" where something causes homicidal urges in regular people rather than slowly shuffling dead people. Standard zombies wouldn't cut it in the Korra universe.

How about something like a bloodborne pathogen that breaks down a person's psyche, causing them to become paranoid, aggressive, and violent, eventually resulting in the person's death due to adrenaline overload?
This user is a guest