The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

NaNoWriMo 2012

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 14, 2012 3:58:26 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
For those not in the know, November is National Novel Writing Month - abbreviated NaNoWriMo. It's actually a global thing, as far as I can tell — there are regions all over the world on the NaNo region list. Who's participating this year?

I'm giving it another go. I always MEAN to, but never follow through. The closest I got was in 2009, but I wound up quitting not even 10k words in.

I'm using the rest of October to plan it out. So far, the novel's gone under a few changes! A new working title, a change in character line up, and a few additions to the deity pantheon.

So how about you? Are you participating this year? Have you won before? What are some things you do in preparation of NaNo?

Check it out! nanowrimo.org
This user is Mod
seojin
Oct 14, 2012 16:20:33 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Oct 14, 2012 16:20:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh goodness. The dreaded NaNoWriMo. I've participated a handful of times. I think I've won three times. All in the past. I live in the region that regularly wins the "total" of NaNoWriMo, so I'm never short of finding people in my area who are doing it, if you go to writers cafes and the like.

I doubt I'll be doing it this year. I normally would love too, but my classwork has increased about triple-fold from what it usually is, and my grades definitely come first. However, I will resolve myself to write more during November, and maybe work a little bit on one of my previous novels.

Definitely all the luck to those participating, I'll be cheering you on!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 14, 2012 16:42:50 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Aw, sorry to hear that you won't be participating! But 'grats on winning a couple of times, I always peeter out around the 10k mark. ^^;'

In NaNoNews (lololo) I've fleshed out my main protagonist group, added a new character, changed up some personalities, moved a one-shot plotmover into a secondary/assistant villain, and fleshed out my deity pantheon. I'm so PUMPED.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 2, 2012 21:49:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 2, 2012 21:49:27 GMT -6

Quite sad, really. I wish I could participate this year! I seem to always hit around 35,000 before life just takes over and I never finish. Maybe next year I'll be able to!
This user is a former member