The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

This thread was brought to you by the letter Z

Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 23:19:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 23:19:18 GMT -6

Man, I just want a thread to talk about random favorites. What's your favorite letter? Number? Color? Language? Song? Artist?

Huzzah. Randomness.
This user is a former member
jiggyt35
Jul 21, 2012 23:30:12 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Jul 21, 2012 23:30:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My favorite colour used to be orange, because I felt sorry for it. You know how everyone has a favorite color, but nobody seems to like orange? Well, I was that one person who felt sorry for it. I went around for months telling all my friends that it's my new favorite colour, but eventually I realized how miserable I was. I was living a lie! So I turned my back on the world's ugliest colour and I haven't looked back since.

This sounds really stupid and random and made up, but it's all true. and now I hate orange just as much as everybody else does. New favorite colour: green
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2012 23:35:34 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
My favourite colour is purple (with a more red tint than blue)! I dislike the letter z unless it's at the start of a word. My favourite language is Japanese, and my favourite number is anything in intervals of five.

Song and artist... that's harder. CURRENTLY my favourite song is tied between 'Monster' and 'Brick by Boring Brick', both by Paramore. Which coincidentally is currently my favourite band. If we're talking about 'artist' in terms of visual art, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Alex Ross and Rufftoon.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 21, 2012 23:40:39 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
My favorite colors are red and black. That may sound weird to some that black is one of my favorite colors, but I do enjoy red and black more than other colors.

I do not have a favorite number or letter. Nor do I have a favorite language, but I enjoy learning various words of different languages in general.

My favorite song and artist are much harder. I have so many that I enjoy. I would say one of my top favorites song's is "Royal Scam" by Steely Dan, but I've been listening to "Dr. Online" by Zeromancer and "Faster" by Within Temptation a lot.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 0:11:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 0:11:33 GMT -6

My favorite color is blue, though I know not which shade. Don't think I have a favorite letter. My favorite number is 4, though I'm also partial to 3.

Favorite language...hmmm. I took Japanese in school for a year, but I don't think it's my favorite, though it's definitely up there. I guess English is my favorite, if only because it's the only language I know and can truly appreciate. However, I am also very fond of German.

Don't think I have a favorite song or artist, though I have yet to get tired of Steam Powered Giraffe and anything they've done.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 1:45:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 1:45:14 GMT -6

my favorite color is green, like the color of green LEGOs. Z is definitely my favorite letter, regardless of its position in a word, and I think that all of my characters have either a name that begins with Z, and/or a Z somewhere in their name.

Favorite language... does the one I'm building in my books count? ^.^;
I probably couldn't say, actually. I've been inspired by English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Finnish, Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Navajo, Cherokee, Korean, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, and so many others... doesn't mean I can speak 'em, but they've all inspired me in one way or the next.

I can't think of a particular song that I like the best, but my favorite group is probably Sabaton, although most European Power Metal bands will do it for me.

~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 2:09:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 2:09:03 GMT -6

I just love how you guys are sticking to my sample questions xD I just wanted this thread to be for a declaration of favorites!

Such as, my favorite ice cream is chocolate, but I love the occasional mint chocolate chip. My favorite video game is tied between Pokemon soul silver and Skyrim: Elder Scrolls V. I favor cloudy, mild weather compared to snowy days or warm sunny days.

As you can tell, my favorite letter is Z simply because it is so rarely used. My favorite pie is apple but my favorite fruit is the mango! :3
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 17:18:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 17:18:22 GMT -6

What's your favorite letter? Q
Number? 13
Color? teal, mustard yellow, avocado green, and navy all tie
Language? Korean or Japanese, closely followed by both Irish and Scottish gaelic
Song? can't choose this
Artist? nope, can't choose this

I don't generally have a one favourite thing in any category, truthfully. Though I will say that "pamplemousse" is my favourite French word! There are many things I like quite a lot but I don't often choose 'favourites'.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 22, 2012 17:42:18 GMT -6

MORE FAVOURITES! It's very hard for me to choose a favourite for a lot of things, simply because my interests and tastes fluctuate regularly.

Right now, my favourite food is sukiyaki beef udon, particularly from a place called O-Udon. It's... oh my gosh, fabulous. Shrimp and mango pad thai is a VERY close second. My favourite drink right now is lime-flavoured Diet Coke, and while I don't drink it a lot (mainly because $$) I don't think this particular favourite will be changing soon.

I love 'strawberry cheesecake' flavoured ice cream, especially when it has bits of graham cracker, cheesecake, and strawberry in it (such as from Ben & Jerry's, or Coldstone, etc). My favourite flavour in general right now is sweet chili, ranging from dipping sauce, to rice cakes, to chips, to entrées.

I'll post more later. :3
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 17:49:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 17:49:05 GMT -6

Oh josh, Kami! You just had to bring up Thai food xD I'm a big fan of Chicken Pad Thai (with peanuts and lots of limeee~) If I had to have a last meal, that's what it would be. Also, my favorite dessert had to be Mango Sticky Rice tied with Tiramasu.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 22, 2012 17:52:53 GMT -6

OH MY GOSH mango sticky rice. Girl, you don't even KNOW. xD
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 22, 2012 18:38:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
My favorite foods are pepperoni pizza and cheeseburgers, plain and dry (yes, I know, I'm weird). I'm also a huge fan of steak and pork chops.

I love vanilla ice cream the most, but I'm also a fan of rainbow sherbet. I'm also a fan of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream or just putting sprinkles on ice cream. If we're talking blizzard flavors, I like cookie dough mixed with oreo.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 19:43:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 19:43:12 GMT -6

ooh, favourite foods....:

bibimbap; no meat
matzoh soup
tamagoyaki
meatless shepherd's pie
miso soup
kiwi
mesir wat
yellow thai curries
onigiri
cantaloupe
black-eyed peas
pho, tofu only
grits

favourite beverages:

black rose boba tea
smoothies! ANY KINDDDDDDDDDDD
thai tea
cafe sua da
sencha
genmaicha
WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 22, 2012 20:32:28 GMT -6
asami
Jul 22, 2012 20:11:11 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 22, 2012 20:11:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh god why did you guys have to mention Thai food WHY.

Let's see... my favorite color is invisible (and don't tell me it's not a color unless you can see it), favorite flowers are sunflowers, my favorite language - of those I can speak at least enough to get around - is French, my favorite letter is Q, my favorite artist as in painter is Alphonse Mucha, my favorite kind of dog is either any kind of herding dog or something big and drooly like a mastiff or bulldog, and my favorite food is either the aforementioned Thai or horrible, greasy New York-style pizza.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 22, 2012 20:19:58 GMT -6

rui Avatar
ooh, favourite foods....:

bibimbap; no meat
tamagoyaki
miso soup
mesir wat
yellow thai curries
onigiri
cantaloupe
pho, tofu only

favourite beverages:

black rose boba tea
thai tea
cafe sua da
sencha
genmaicha
WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You know that we are so compatible food wise, for the most part, ahahahahaha. I still need to taste an honest-to-goodness onigiri though!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 20:32:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 20:32:55 GMT -6

^ Hahahaha. I enjoy making onigiri! and my husband enjoys eating them.

MOAR

favourite animals:

red panda
otter
fox
lemurs
large dogs that don't drool
sloth

favourite makeup:

Besame red lipsticks
Blush, especially cream blush by Canmake
Gel eyeliners

favourite perfume:

Guerlain's Shalimar, Vol de Nuit, and L'Heure Bleue
Chanel's No. 5, Gardenia, 31 Rue Cambon, and Bel Respiro
Dior's Miss Dior, the old 1940s-style chypre, not that new reformulated crap

films:

The Big Sleep
Night Nurse
So Proudly We Hail
To Have and Have Not
Mrs. Miniver
Three on a Match
Tokyo Story
Casablanca
Star Wars, 4 5 &6 only
The Wrath of Khan

asian dramas:

HanaKimi, old Japanese and Taiwanese versions
Hana Yori Dango, Japanese version
Personal Taste
49 Days
Antique Bakery
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
SarangBi/Love Rain
Coffee Prince

is that enough random favs? XD
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 22, 2012 20:50:56 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 24, 2012 20:45:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2012 20:45:25 GMT -6

I can't really claim a whole lot of favorites since they change so much.
These are some that are semi-stable favorites of mine.
Favorite drama: Hana-bi.
Favorite word: Cognitive Dissonance (I wish I could use this in a sentence more often)
Favorite writer suicide: Yukio Mishima.
Favorite upcoming book title: This book is full of spiders: Seriously, dude, don't touch it.
Anonymous
Jul 26, 2012 5:56:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2012 5:56:46 GMT -6

oh ho ho... so we want more favorites do we?

favorite food is definitely pizza, although hamburgers are good too. cheese is bad for me (lactose intolerant) but I say screw it and eat it anyways. the meat group is my favorite... so I like vegetarians--more beef for me.
I'd have to say that Wendy's is my favorite fast food chain.
my favorite US state is probably New Mexico, mostly because it was generally a pretty lawless place for what it was worth and I'm sort of a chaotic neutral indvidual.

My favorite day of the week is Tuesday, my favorite month is January, and similarly, Winter is my favorite season.
My favorite book is probably the LOTR trilogy, mostly because that sort of depth is a great source of inspiration for the depth that my novel series contains in the ~415,000 words I've written of it thus far.

favorite music genre is definitely German Power Metal, (which isn't so much German anymore, but that's where it originated)

Favorite movie is The Princess Bride, hands down. runner up: Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

my favorite video game character is Empress Sanaki from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and my favorite video game is Tetris.

my favorite hour of the day is 5:00AM-5:59AM, because I'm always up at that ungodly hour, and it appears to be where my creativity hits its zenith, and so the best stuff gets done during that mysterious hour. (case in point: it's 5:55 as I write this post)

Last but not least, my favorite character from the ATLA series is Admiral Zhao--because we need more awesome sexy jerks in this world that mock whiny emo kids.

~Tenoko~
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 26, 2012 5:57:30 GMT -6