The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

At Least 12 Dead in Colorado Shooting

Anonymous
Jul 20, 2012 12:51:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2012 12:51:00 GMT -6

Violence breaks my heart. It breaks my heart when it happens in Colorado. It breaks my heart when it happens in Syria. It breaks my heart when it happens in the Congo. It breaks my heart when it happens anywhere. My heart goes out to those who have been devastated by the tragedy in Colorado and those who are the victims of violence around our world.

www.seattlepi.com/news/article/News...ter-3723011.php

www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/color...l-shooting.html

www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-...ting/index.html

There are lot of news articles about this, so I've just linked a few. In any case, if you are in Colorado and can help, they are in need of O negative blood to replenish the supply after treating the victims of the shooting in Aurora. If you can help please call Bonfils Blood Center at 303.363.2300 or 800.365.0006, opt. 2 to make an appointment next week to help replenish the blood supply. (:
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2012 13:22:58 GMT -6
kgal
Jul 20, 2012 13:40:15 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 20, 2012 13:40:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My boyfriend works in a movie theater (not AMC, and nowhere near Colorado). I hadn't even heard about this before he texted me today, and all I could think was "Shit I'm glad he's okay".

It's really horrible. I literally can't imagine that. How terrifying would it be to go through that? At a movie theater, you kind of give people a sense of security. It's a dark, comfortable room where you can relax and tune out the world with the alternate movie universe around you. I'd describe the safety level as high as hanging out with friends or going to McDonald's to eat. So to have that trust and sense of ease broken... Fearing for your life...

I can't even comprehend it. My boyfriend told me that he won't be able to look at customers the same way. He'll always ask himself "what if...?"

If there's a plus side to this, it's that movie theaters will increase security. Fully armed and suspicious people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a theater. The fact that he just waltzed in through a side door - obviously unhindered - is horrible.

Still. I have to keep reminding myself that this is an isolated incident. The shooter was messed up in ways we don't understand. (He freaking booby-trapped his apartment!) On top of that, no one I know was shot or killed. Though my heart goes out to every single person in that theater, it's still a relief to know my loved ones are safe. And like I said, if this shooting does anything, it'll increase security a ton. I just don't want to be afraid to go to the movies, you know? It shouldn't have to be a horrifying or life-threatening experience.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 20, 2012 13:46:18 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I didn't find out about this until Yuri texted me this morning while she was at work. She heard it while at work. It's horrible that something like this happened, and my thoughts to go out to the victim's loved ones.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2012 17:19:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2012 17:19:24 GMT -6

If you're a high school kid, ask your parents. Tell your friends and ask them to tell their parents. If you don't have money or can't spare any, spread the word. <3
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2012 17:20:31 GMT -6
asami
Jul 20, 2012 20:32:36 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 20, 2012 20:32:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I don't have a TV, but this was all over my Facebook as soon as I woke up this morning. Absolutely heartbreaking and horrifying. I can't even imagine going through something like that, especially somewhere where you would never expect it.
This user is a guest