The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What movies are you looking forward to?

ayumi
May 13, 2012 1:15:47 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on May 13, 2012 1:15:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yup. I'm reviving it. Just to say that both The Hobbit Part 1 and Les Miserables (Musical-Movie version) are coming out on my birthday (December 14th, 2012)! And I'm VERY excited!

Also. I am NOT looking forward to the "NEW" Spiderman movie. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. NEVER~! And that's where I stand on that. -Awaits the bashing that is inevitable.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 1:29:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 1:29:46 GMT -6

There's a Les Miserables movie coming out? Fantastic! I will definitely see that. I'm also looking forward to The Hobbit, though I still need to read the book before I can allow myself to see the movie. Other than that...dunno. I was looking forward to the Avengers, but now that I've seen that I'm not really dying to see anything else.

I agree with you about the new Spiderman movie. I'm not much of a superhero movie fan as it is--Avengers and the movies leading up to it being the exceptions--but the Spiderman movie just looks...dull. I guess the main plot point has to do with Peter Parker's parents (don't think that counts as a spoiler, since it's in the trailers), and since I already know what's up with that, I really have no desire to see the movie. I might watch it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't think I'll pay full ticket price for it.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 13, 2012 1:42:18 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Aside from The Hobbit part 1 (of course), the only other movie I'm really looking forward to is the new Disney/Pixar feature, BRAVE. A fiery, crazy-curls redhead; celtic/irish/gaelic themes; beautiful scenery; sexy accents? I AM SO FREAKING THERE.

I am also (somewhat) looking forward to the new Men In Black movie. I liked the first, and the second was okay, so I'm a little dubious on the third. The trailers look promising, though, and I am stunned how young Will Smith looks again.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 2:12:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 2:12:52 GMT -6

Not a movie but I have heard they might adapt one of my favorite comics to a tv series. Chew. After watching The Walking Dead I'm starting to think that a series is the best way to go for adapting comics. The trailer for the new Spiderman movie didn't wow me but I'll probably see it anyway.

The one I'm most looking forward to is the adaptation of John Dies At The End. I can't even type that title without letting out a tiny squeal. Love. That. Book.
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 14:39:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 14:39:47 GMT -6

CHEW?!?!?! Get out!! I love that comic!

Also yes, The Hobbit, how can someone not look forward to that movie? (I'm being a jerk sorry haha).

I really want to watch Dark Shadows. Brave definitely (love redheads and Scottish accents). What to Expect When Expecting looks pretty funny and I could use a laugh ;D

Post by Gia on May 13, 2012 15:42:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The Hobbit (duh), MIB III, and Brave for this year as far as I can remember

I'm also somewhat annoyed that Child's Play has been pushed back until 2014, and Avatar II (James Cameron's that is) has been pushed back until 2015). At least Star Trek II is still slated for 2013.
This user is Mod
kgal
Jul 6, 2012 20:59:31 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 6, 2012 20:59:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Just saying, I'm so excited for The Dark Knight Rises. Even if it's not as good as its prequel, I just know it won't disappoint. Though, i have to say it almost looks like an Inception reunion lol, what with Tom Hardy and Joseph G-L.

I also kind of want to see that Moonrise Kingdom movie. I've heard excellent reviews of it, but I don't think it's being shown around here, and I'm kind of afraid it's all just hype and only fits into some movie tastes.

Finally, I'm agreeing with Tenshio. I kind of want to watch Les Mis. My little sis loved the book/play, and Anne Hathaway looks fantastic in it. =]
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 6, 2012 21:12:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
DARK KNIGHT RISES! It comes out three days before my b-day, so I'm thrilled.
This user is Mod
jiggyt35
Jul 11, 2012 19:20:18 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Jul 11, 2012 19:20:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm so excited to see Brave this year and in 2013(?) Epic. I also surprised myself by liking the trailer for The Bourne Legacy, I have never seen/have no desire to see the other bourne movies but I'm looking forward to this one because it's not Matt Damon. My other dark horse is Django Unchained. I'm not a huge fan on Quentin Tarentino, or overly-violent movies but this Western-ish flick could be really great.
This user is a guest
izumi
Jul 11, 2012 21:46:12 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 11, 2012 21:46:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Not sure if anyone here is an Anchorman fan, but I literally CANNOT wait for the sequel. The preview for it made me die of laughter.

"The Campaign" movie also seems like it might be pretty funny as well :)

And Brave was wonderful! Such a beautiful soundtrack ^.^
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 12, 2012 22:03:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2012 22:03:41 GMT -6

I decided to get Netflix again so I'm looking forward to seeing God Bless America and Superman Vs. The Elite.

Post by Gia on Jul 14, 2012 21:08:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ugh, I'm jealous, I haven't seen Brave yet. I've heard it's good, but I haven't had a chance to go see it yet.
This user is Mod
izumi
Jul 15, 2012 21:05:10 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 15, 2012 21:05:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It's definitely worth it to watch it Karena! :) Let me know how you like it ^.^

This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 21:23:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 21:23:01 GMT -6

Hobbit.
Star Trek.
Lincoln.
Dark Knight Rises.
The Great Gatsby.

On our Netflix: The Queen, W.E., The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2012 4:58:09 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2012 4:58:09 GMT -6

I'm most looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight this weekend, just because it's a favorite series of me and my friends. Also, since it opens on my birthday, I can't wait for The Campaign. It looks hilarious.

One that's quite far off would be The Great Gatsby, with Leonardo DiCaprio. It comes out around Christmas. Nonetheless, it seems like it is worth the wait.

Post by Gia on Jul 18, 2012 20:16:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, I saw Brave and it was awesome. I plan on seeing The Dark Knight Rises either Sunday or Tuesday for my birthday, which is on Monday. I am so looking forward to The Great Gatsby, because I'm a huge Leonardo DiCaprio fan.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2012 21:41:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2012 21:41:29 GMT -6

Was looking forward to Moonrise Kingdom, watched it, and LOVED it ^^

Post by Gia on Nov 5, 2012 12:05:49 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, I've seen Sinister and Cloud Atlas - both were good. I loved Cloud Atlas. It didn't seem like it was a three hour movie.

I'm looking forward to Taken 2, Silent Hill: Revelation and Rise of the Guardians. (Still looking forward to the Hobbit.)
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Dec 15, 2012 21:40:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I saw The Hobbit - midnight showing. All in all, the movie was good - not necessarily close to canon, but a good movie. I won't say anymore on that, but however, the camera work made me sick. -_- It was too fast for me.

Next movie is most likely Rise of the Guardians.
This user is Mod