The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What Hobbies Do You Have?

quinseparable
Jul 7, 2012 22:51:15 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jul 7, 2012 22:51:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
azn Avatar

I am an avid Martial Artist. I used to go to a few schools, but haven't for years. I do keep up with it, though, and practice stances, strikes, and katas. I bought a punching bag last year and it has helped me to keep practicing A LOT. You'd be surprised at what good a workout a punching bag has to offer.

Did you study any particular style or was it mixed? I've just taken up IsshinRyu Karate a few months ago and I love it (especially Kata!) And yes, the punching bag here at the Res Hall I live at takes quite a bit of abuse from me. It is definitely a good work out (and a great stress reliever when I need it!)

So yeah, Karate is one of my hobbies. I've only been studying since April, but it has been my life! I practice every day.

Beside Karate, I'm also an avid writer. I've participated in 3 NaNoWriMos and have completed the word goal each year. I have 3 novels written, but only one actually completed.

I also love to read. Anything really, I'm not picky. I also love video games. Though I'm up for anything, first person shooters are really my favorite.

My friends and I make amateur movies and post them on YouTube. They are mostly comedies (our director has a real talent for scriptwriting) and we do this fairly often. (Shameless plug...if you want to check them out, the link is on my profile).
This user is a guest
azn
Jul 17, 2012 18:27:21 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jul 17, 2012 18:27:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Northern Shaolin was the main one, but I also went to a Tae Kwan Do school for a bit too (not at the same time). Did a little capoera, but that was mostly basic movements, no high-flying kicks.

Informally, I trained a lot of ....well, I don't know what it is actually called now that I think about it, but it is similar to Muai Thai. I learned from my uncle, who is from Laos..so Muai Laos?

Like I said, primarily: Tiger-Horse-Crane-Snake-Dragon stances. The exact style taught and the sifu had No ligit direct Shaolin lineage from what I could tell, but was more of a collection. From there, I just put a little bit of a lot of different styles together through research, meditation, and practice.
This user is a guest
hizumi
Dec 15, 2012 19:04:27 GMT -6

Post by hizumi on Dec 15, 2012 19:04:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
REZ POWERS HOOOOO~~~

When i'm not rezzing topics i think need to be brought back to life or that i enjoy. I usually am listening to music, messing around with making music...Singing (i use to sing all the time every day...then i took an arrow to the knee XD now i just sing on occasion, though i'm sure that will change once i get a new place that doesn't have paper for walls) I write, though most my stuff isn't pg-13 allowed, so this place is in a way a restriction to me, but it makes you think around so that's pretty cool.

I train, martial arts, sword arts, and study strategies...read on business topics, look into investments...check out transportation of commercial costs and much more. When i'm not doing any of those, i walk...

Hmm...past that i think i would have to say when i'm close enough to my friends, we hang out and game. i usually play RPG's and what not alone..but since i am in the works of making a game, writing the story and all that i tend to dwindle off and just play major ones like skyrim and such getting bored XD...with my friends i generally play FPS' BF3 specifically at this moment. I own a ps3, and am totally a Sony freak, i don't consider myself a fanboy, i just have had their products, and they never fail to meet my expectations.

Some of my friends would say i walk in monsoons for fun :P. though recently, my major activity is sleeping :P haha so odd to sleep like a person, guess i'm just catching up on my sleep that i didn't have for a good chunk of my life. :P anyways...that is allllll...oh and i just mess around and act out roles with my friends and such =3

I don't cosplay =O though i've been asked to a few times by some people....that is it for real now :P
This user is a guest