The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What Hobbies Do You Have?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 8, 2012 19:31:07 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Title is pretty self explanatory. xD

When I'm not on TARP or working, I like playing video games (mainly PC, and mainly RPG). I'm a huge BioWare fangirl, my favourites being Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Aside from BioWare titles, I play the Elder Scrolls Series, Pokemon, Cooking Mama (teehee), and dabble in games like Portal. I'm also a WoW player (Ret/Prot lvl85 Belf Pally on Nazjatar US), though I'm looking into starting Aion and getting Guild Wars 2 when it comes out (played the weekend beta on that last one the weekend before last, it was so boss).

Uh... Aside from video games, I do like to doodle. Dunno if that counts, since I also do that when I work, but... xD

And I am a fan of TV and movies. I don't have cable or anything, but Hulu and Netflix are my bffs when it comes to watching shows. I'm currently wrapping up Doctor Who and re-watching Ouran High School Host Club.

I also enjoy singing and reading.

How about you?
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 8, 2012 19:35:52 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I like reading and writing (obviously). I also enjoy listening to music, watching movies, and TV... Um, I also enjoy playing video, though I tend to stick to a select few and not venture out much. That's pretty much it...
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 19:48:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 19:48:37 GMT -6

Let's see...other than RPing I collect comic books and used to collect katanas but it became too expensive and I ended up selling all but one when money was tight. I still have some staffs, a couple of spears and knives just in case you were pitying the poor man with no weaponry.

I read a lot of manga online. Currently Sakamichi No Appollon is really entertaining and has rekindled my interest in jazz which has something to do with me making one of my characters a trumpet player.

My interest in video games is sporadic. It goes from obsession to indifference fast. For the most part I like collecting things. Comics, blades, cuff links, interesting earrings et cetera.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 20:39:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 20:39:13 GMT -6

I read, write novels, play piano, cook, garden, run, and clean. I also enjoy trying new things with my hair, playing with makeup, listening to 1940s records, rock climbing, and going on walks. I like to watch Korean and Japanese dramas. I don't consider volunteer work a "hobby" but it is a thing I do in my free time.

I am not and never have been a gamer. When I had more time, I enjoyed self-studying Japanese. I would like to return to it when I have time again. (:
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 18, 2012 18:15:32 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 21:16:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 21:16:05 GMT -6

Aside from reading and writing, I really enjoy acting (I swear I say this too much). I also enjoy watching movies. I've really gotten into Indy films this year and have seen some really great work. If eating counts as I hobby I like that too! Hahaha. Been exploring the city as much as I can and I've found a couple of really great places. Dancing is awesome, but I haven't found the time to do that yet. Oh and studying Chinese ;D If I had a TV and consul with me right now I WOULD SO be into video games. I really miss that stuff.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach ;) (if I could find a decent beach to walk on)
jazzex
May 30, 2012 0:58:10 GMT -6

Post by jazzex on May 30, 2012 0:58:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
During the summer I have been working at a movie theater, and well, watching movies. I also play a lot of online games like starcraft, eve online, tribes: ascend, and minecraft. I spend time with my gf and have been trying to read game of thrones (its going slowly). Oh! and I have just started playing magic the gathering.
This user is a guest
jin
May 30, 2012 5:31:47 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 30, 2012 5:31:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Now that it's summer time, I plat basketball whenever I have the chance. I also play Magic, which I've said before. I'm big on video games (have a ps3 and an xbox right now) working on getting a pc. Also a big fan of Bioware, but am a little disappointed with ME3's ending, and how they handled the aftermath (praying for a good EC).

If breeding snakes counts as a hobby, then that will be happening soon too.
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 18, 2012 19:14:03 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 18, 2012 19:14:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jin Avatar
Now that it's summer time, I plat basketball whenever I have the chance. I also play Magic, which I've said before. I'm big on video games (have a ps3 and an xbox right now) working on getting a pc. Also a big fan of Bioware, but am a little disappointed with ME3's ending, and how they handled the aftermath (praying for a good EC).

Please, don't even get me started on that "ending"...... :(
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 18, 2012 19:16:45 GMT -6

yakone Avatar
jin Avatar

Seconded. >.> I didn't HATE it (though I know some people did... okay a lot of people), but it was definitely lackluster for me.
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 18, 2012 19:17:48 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 18, 2012 19:17:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Other than Avatar, my other favorite series is Generator Rex, but I have yet to find that many people who appreciate it..... :(
This user is a guest
jiggyt35
Jun 19, 2012 14:54:27 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Jun 19, 2012 14:54:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
hm... Generator Rex is a pretty cool show! I use to follow it more, but I haven't really watched it recently. My newest obsession is Jaime Reyes as the Blue Beetle. I've never been that into super heroes/comics before, but I really love the idea of a hispanic kid with crazy powers and alien technology. But actual hobbies? Mine would have to be drawing, music and pokemon. I love to play the old games (yellow, crystal and emerald green) on my emulator. Video games are another huge portion of my life.
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 15:11:06 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 15:11:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jiggyt35 Avatar
hm... Generator Rex is a pretty cool show! I use to follow it more, but I haven't really watched it recently. My newest obsession is Jaime Reyes as the Blue Beetle. I've never been that into super heroes/comics before, but I really love the idea of a hispanic kid with crazy powers and alien technology. But actual hobbies? Mine would have to be drawing, music and pokemon. I love to play the old games (yellow, crystal and emerald green) on my emulator. Video games are another huge portion of my life.

Yeah well, my sig is a Gen Rex quote. It looks like CN is going to cancel it because it doesn't bring in enough toy $, which is ridiculous in my opinion. The same thing happened to Symbionic Titan......when is CN going to learn that not everyone is in love with Ben 10? >:(
This user is a guest
jin
Jun 19, 2012 18:46:00 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 19, 2012 18:46:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
yakone Avatar

Seconded. >.> I didn't HATE it (though I know some people did... okay a lot of people), but it was definitely lackluster for me.

I definitely don't hate it as much, and still won't let five to ten minutes ruin the series for me. Besides, Tali is so awesome. Everything about her romance scenes make me smile, but that is also another reason I didn't like three as much as two.

"Fan request to see Tali's face - Does a poor job on a photoshop picture frame to justify it."

"Random news reporter forced into the game (Voiced by an ign girl person) - gets an entire fully rendered body and her own scenes"

Just ridiculous

Did I mention one of my hobbies is ranting?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 19:22:54 GMT -6

jin Avatar

I definitely don't hate it as much, and still won't let five to ten minutes ruin the series for me. Besides, Tali is so awesome. Everything about her romance scenes make me smile, but that is also another reason I didn't like three as much as two.

"Fan request to see Tali's face - Does a poor job on a photoshop picture frame to justify it."

"Random news reporter forced into the game (Voiced by an ign girl person) - gets an entire fully rendered body and her own scenes"

Just ridiculous

Come to the Ranting Club, you're among friends.

Tali's face just... just... ugh. FANGIRL RAGING, let me tell you. I refuse to accept it.
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 19:58:01 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 19:58:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jin Avatar

Just ridiculous

Tali's face just... just... ugh. FANGIRL RAGING, let me tell you. I refuse to accept it.

I feel that the most touching and well done moment of the game was
Mordin's death
:'( I cried when that scene came up....
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 20:20:13 GMT -6

yakone Avatar

I feel that the most touching and well done moment of the game was
Mordin's death
:'( I cried when that scene came up....

MORDIN IS MY BABY OMG. *sobs*
I know you can save him, but that's only IF you (a) have Wreav and not Wrex, (b) if you don't have Maelon's data, and (c) if you can convince Mordin to sabotage the cure. Otherwise, Mordin will suicide (if Wreav is alive & you have the Data) OR Mordin will suicide & Wrex will attack you forcing you to kill him.

I can't do that to either of my bbies. ;A;
This user is Mod
azn
Jul 1, 2012 14:30:41 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jul 1, 2012 14:30:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
HMm... Hobbies.. I think I may have to change that word to 'interests'. I TRY to devote time to my interests for them to be official 'hobbies', but I find I kinda rotate a lot.

I am first and foremost a Musician. I play guitar, bass, ukulele, and alto sax ( i want a tenor). I sing (alright) and even dance. I did theater in HS and loved it, but haven't since.
I am a lover of all art, and I TRY to be an artist in all fields. My lack of artistic skills is apparent in my thread lol.

I like to read (and pretend I know how to write). haven't read a lot of books I've been meaning to (Lost Symbol and Hunger Games are on top of to-read list) I also like mangas, I currently follow Bleach and Naruto. Used to follow D-grey man and a few others, but I started getting lost.

I am an avid Martial Artist. I used to go to a few schools, but haven't for years. I do keep up with it, though, and practice stances, strikes, and katas. I bought a punching bag last year and it has helped me to keep practicing A LOT. You'd be surprised at what good a workout a punching bag has to offer.

I own 2 Siberian Huskies, so it is not so much a hobbie but a responsability. Honestly, though, they are quite a unique breed and offer unique obstacles as well as companionship.

I stumbleupon a lot. Just browse through THE ENTIRE internet, it never ends! there is so much to learn!

I am also a HUGE gamer. I can't even begin to list off games i'v played, but currently I am wrapped up in Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3(multiplayer). I used to play Magic and tabledtops a lot when I was younger, but alas, they are no fun when noone else plays :( So i sold them

I'm a fan of camping. I want to the the AT. I did a little stretch of it in the winter, THAT was fun.
I like soccer and (ultimate or golf)frizbee. I love to snowboard but HATE snow and the cold in general. Also like surfing.
I want to go kayaking.

hmm.... I don't have TV either, but I use netflix or 'other' sites to watch shows such as: True Blood, Dexter, Psyche, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Fringe, Merlin, and of course, Legend of Korra.

There are many other things I like and 'dabble' in, but I think that's a long list enough.
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jul 1, 2012 14:32:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 11:18:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 11:18:08 GMT -6

I'm a Hockey fanatic, and up until recently I played backup goalie to a local rec league. Went 8-5-2 out of all the games I played, had to give that up when I volunteered at the fire department. Ask me about the capitals sometimes (Or if you want to see me fired up, mention the Penguins) and I'll give yall more than an ear full!
And thanks to my family I'm a huge gun nut and military aficionado, I'm saving money up at the moment so I can do civil war reenacting, but it's a real expensive hobby and a far way off yet.

Other than that I play video games now and then, I like to stay to strategy games like the Total War series, I recently got Wargame: European Escalation though, and it's turned out to be a real gem.

I also love to call myself a film freak, but I'm not one of those snobs and Return of the King is still my favorite movie ever.
jiggyt35
Jul 7, 2012 11:31:25 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Jul 7, 2012 11:31:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh man I love movies! I forgot to mention this before but me and my family used to go to the movies every weekend! I couldn't pick a favorite because I'm in love with every movie I see weather it's any good or not. The ony exceptions are M. Night's Avatar and the Bourne movies.

Another hobby I got into recently is crafting things. I just think it's a good use of my summer and I love the feeling of making something with your own two hands. Of course I get all these craft ideas from Pinterest.com. (You should all check it out because it's awesome!)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 12:09:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 12:09:59 GMT -6

Niko's movie comment reminded me of hobby I used to have. Renting awful b-grade movies I knew I would hate but felt compelled to watch. Mostly I felt like I wasted my money but I also discovered the Puppet Master movies which I enjoyed despite their being of low quality...um, the first three anyway.