The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What Do You Do or Study?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 31, 2012 3:10:03 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I am REALLY HOPING to have this updated soon with a new "what kami does" post! ;]
This user is Mod
quinseparable
Aug 1, 2012 11:26:19 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Aug 1, 2012 11:26:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, there is quite a bit of diversity on the board. And that's good, it keeps things exciting! :)

Let's see...my college experience is becoming complicated quickly. I'm *finally* getting ready to start my last year of my Bachelor's degree. That degree is in Early Childhood Education. However, recently I've been thinking about a career change. I still am going to get my Bachelor's because I'm so close, however, after I get the prerequsits done, I want to go and get a 3rd Associates Degree as a Veterinary Technician (my other 2 AA degrees consist of an Associate of Arts, and an Associate in Early Childhood Education). So, in essence, my degree paths are just as diverse as the board! Haha.

As far as my occupation, I'm on my last few weeks as a sales associate at the college bookstore. I've been here for 5 and a half years so I'm very sad to leave it. I have put in some new applications in the city where my University is, but no nibbles yet.
This user is a guest
jiggyt35
Aug 1, 2012 13:09:03 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Aug 1, 2012 13:09:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My current 'occupation' is babysitting my 12 y/o cousin, but it's only once or twice a week. I've never had a 'real' employment before though. I'm just doing this for the summer and then it will be back to school for senior year!

I'm basically just trying to get through high school right now, and I have no idea what I want to study/major in after that. I'm in advanced math classes and I really do enjoy graph theory and calculus. I don't know how that would help me in life, but that is what I enjoy studying!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 1, 2012 13:58:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 1, 2012 13:58:41 GMT -6

asami Avatar
I went to school last year majoring in Equine Riding and Training (aka teaching ponies not to kill me) but dropped out cause 90% of it was stuff I had already learned from working with trainers and frankly I was just burned out on school. That being said, totally awesome experience and I don't regret a second of it.

Right now, I'm working as a master groomer at a dog grooming shop (not certified, just again got hands-on experience). Hopefully within the next couple of years, my fiance and I will be opening up a gym and I'll go back to training horses and teaching riding lessons. My goal is to either train off-the-range Mustangs or miniature horses because have you seen how cute they are, really.

American Quarter Horses for life >_>

It's so fun to see what everyone does/is doing! A very diverse bunch. (:
This user is a former member
boo
Aug 1, 2012 17:15:42 GMT -6

Post by boo on Aug 1, 2012 17:15:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hello ^^ There sure do seem to be a lot of variety here! That's always fun!

So at the moment I'm studying media at uni but looking to possibly complete a dip. ed too probably with History. I also work and currently teach children swimming aged between 9 months and about 6 years. It's a lot of fun and something I really enjoy and part of the reason I'm thinking of adding a dip. ed. I really want to work with the camera and perhaps get into television because I think that's something I've always really enjoyed the making of etc. I love taking stills photos and had a lot of fun this year making a short video. Hopefully I can go somewhere with that!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Sept 19, 2012 9:56:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 19, 2012 9:56:39 GMT -6

Come on in, new people, and tell me what you do or study (:
Anonymous
Sept 19, 2012 10:24:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 19, 2012 10:24:08 GMT -6

Study wise, currently just languages; at least until, hopefully, medical school. The languages are French, Japanese and I just started Korean. Do-wise, still at the lab I was working in during the summer, hopefully, I can find a paying job that puts my science to use.
teatimeantics
Sept 19, 2012 11:02:48 GMT -6

Post by teatimeantics on Sept 19, 2012 11:02:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I literally just graduated from college in May. I have a bachelor of fine arts in animation and design. I really love all mediums and methods. I also have a minor in computer science. I love to program, but I'm more into web development than app dev or desktop dev. I currently work for the university I graduated from doing awesome graphic design for web, mobile web, and mobile app development. I would say I'm pretty much a multi disciplinary designer and artist. I am really into ui and ux design. I love my job, but in my dream of dreams I would much rather be an illustrator or animator. Even just doing in-betweens for an animation show would be amazing. For now, I will happily practice on my own.
This user is a guest
Last edit by teatimeantics: Sept 19, 2012 11:03:04 GMT -6
noa
Sept 19, 2012 11:46:04 GMT -6

Post by noa on Sept 19, 2012 11:46:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I graduated last fall with a bachelor's in Fine Arts! I'd really like to go into illustration though, so I may go back to school.

As for right now, I'm taking on temporary jobs to save up money and get out of the small town that I live in, because there are no jobs here unfortunately. =/
This user is a guest
seojin
Sept 19, 2012 22:27:31 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Sept 19, 2012 22:27:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As I mentioned in my intro, I'm in college currently. I'm majoring in both Japanese and Korean. I've also done a few years of French in the past. (Curiously similar to Armook!)

Its wonderful fun, and I personally study international/foreign diplomacy, as thats where I want to head!

I get jobs here and there, but nothing too permanent. House/pet/baby-sitting. Hunting down an applying for scholarships or what not, and staying active in the community, is a full time job!
This user is a guest
Last edit by teatimeantics: Sept 20, 2012 0:26:38 GMT -6
Anonymous
Sept 20, 2012 0:00:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 20, 2012 0:00:41 GMT -6

So jealous. I can't wait to have time to take Korean or Japanese classes. Beautiful languages!
Anonymous
Sept 22, 2012 10:11:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 22, 2012 10:11:22 GMT -6

I'm 'done' with school. I gave it my best shot, but had a major breakdown and almost offed myself twice, so I figured it was about time to take a break. :-X While I was there, I was doing English, Psychology and Political Science. I actually kind of liked the whole school experience, and eventually I might like to finish, providing I don't break my bank and get some five figure debt.

Right now I work two jobs, both from home. The first is a freelance writer, and right now I do technical articles, though I've also done political commentary. The second is manuscript editing; I run an editing 'company' where I help people edit their books and prepare them for sending to agents or self-publishing. It doesn't pay the best, but it gets me by well enough I guess.
Anonymous
Sept 23, 2012 7:33:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 23, 2012 7:33:58 GMT -6

I am a Barista at Starbucks with hopes of advancing. I'm deciding what it is I'd like to do with myself. It seems as if I'm always finding something else that I'd love to do/learn/accomplish.

I love architecture, music, writing, and so much more. I always wonder where it is I'll find/make time to do the things I want.

I love my job, which is something that not everybody can say, apparently. I've always been a "people person" and the diversity of people I get to interact with on a daily basis allows everyday to bring something new. It's made better by the fact that the job isn't particularly difficult.
kaendoro
Oct 25, 2012 20:41:13 GMT -6

Post by kaendoro on Oct 25, 2012 20:41:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
as for an occupation - hmmm, i guess being a disciple of several martial arts counts as one, other than that i do a lot of entrepreneurial stuff, 'repairing computers, security guard, freelancin' like a boss;' that and a lot of art. art's pretty much my life actually xD

as for school, i can't really afford it right now, i went to college hoping to graduate as a major in art, and a minor in writing or computers, but funding just wasn't helping

welp that's that~
This user is a guest
torrential
Oct 30, 2012 15:00:57 GMT -6

Post by torrential on Oct 30, 2012 15:00:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I attend college full-time (4th year) as well as working full time in the kitchen at a retirement community. I actually hate my job, but it's what I have to do. I work 40+ hours per week, plus a full course load, plus trying to see my girlfriend when I can, plus attending a bible study when I can. So I'm spread pretty thin :P

I'm majoring in English with a concentration in Technical Communication, which is essentially a fancy term for professional writing and editing, though it also incorporates emerging media, such as web design, coding, graphic design, etc, which are all passions of mine aside writing. :) I plan to enter into the publishing industry in some fashion. So if anyone wants their book to be considered for publishing, hit me up in a couple years :P
This user is a guest