The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What Do You Do or Study?

Anonymous
May 5, 2012 12:29:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2012 12:29:05 GMT -6

Why not get to know each other a little?

So tell me... what's your occupation, if you work?

If you're a student, what do you study? Still in secondary school? University? What's your major or concentration in school?

:)
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: May 6, 2012 3:30:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 5, 2012 12:33:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2012 12:33:46 GMT -6

Ooh, fun. I'm currently a sophomore in college--technically. The semester ends next week, and I've already registered for next semester, so I guess I can just call myself a junior. Regardless, I'm an English major, or a Literature major if you go by the official major name. Haven't taken too many English classes yet, though, which I hope to rectify by taking three next semester. So yeah, that's what I study.
Anonymous
May 5, 2012 13:44:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2012 13:44:51 GMT -6

I wonder how many English or Lit majors there are. I figure we'd get a tonne of them.

I am currently a student, on my final semester as an undergraduate, and am a Biology with a concentration in cellular and molecular biology. Currently, I'd like to become a doctor, but as to which one I don't know, that's what third year is for.
daylyn
May 5, 2012 13:56:17 GMT -6

Post by daylyn on May 5, 2012 13:56:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ohh a share time =D lol I am currently studding animation, I hopes mainly to do character development, color stylist, or even a story board artist someday actually tried applying as a color stylist for Korra when it was in its early stages but it wasn't meant to be lol. Right now stuck at a jr college still but I do have my Associates degree so now to the next step of trying to get an internship at one of these big places lol
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on May 5, 2012 14:16:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I am finishing my last semester of my Associate's in Digital Media and Web Development. I plan on doing my internship in the fall. :)

I'm currently working as a waitress, though.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 5, 2012 14:16:52 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 5, 2012 14:24:11 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Lets see. I'm a freelance artist, meaning that I work on a commission. Ive done everything from character concepts, to book covers, to digital paintings, to comics. I also dabble in cel shading, and am currently hoping to score a storyboarding gig to add to my portfolio. I also do websites and graphics on the side, and am currently working on a movie poster for an indie film. As a personal project, I am working on an original manga series. Its currently unnamed, but it is a 1920s noir supernatural detective story.

As far as schooling, I am entirely self taught in all of my endeavours, though I hope to one day get a degree in a field that could allow me to switch between animated work and comics. When I did go to school, I majored in English and minored in computer sciences. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I am a few semesters short of a degree.

Not that I mind though. Art has always been my passion and I am lucky enough to do it for a living.
This user is Mod
munchkinator
May 5, 2012 14:57:04 GMT -6

Post by munchkinator on May 5, 2012 14:57:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Pretty diverse crowd so far haha. I actually just finished my freshman year in college so I guess you could call me a sophomore, and I'm majoring in Computer Science. It's a LOT of math, and programming/theory.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 5, 2012 15:09:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2012 15:09:15 GMT -6

Indeed, a very diverse crowd!

I got my first BA from a private university in English Literature with a minor in Spanish Language Studies, which mostly means that we focused on Spanish literature as opposed to conversational skills. The only time I use this degree, I suppose, is when I am working on my novels. I write for fun, but do hope one day to be published. I write young adult fiction of varying types.

Right before I finished my English degree, though, I decided that I wanted to work in healthcare — which was what I had wanted as a child, so it all works out. I am now a cardiothoracic ICU nurse in a unit that specializes in heart transplant, LVAD, RVAD, and Total Artifical Heart implantation, and other cardiothoracic surgeries. I'm pretty proud to say my hospital has one of the top ten LVAD programs in the United States and is the only Syncardia implanter in our region. I also teach Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers for the facility, and volunteer teaching first aid and CPR for the American Red Cross. In case it isn't obvious, let me just tell you: I love my job.

My life's dream is to continue to do humanitarian aid and volunteer nursing.
Last edit by Deleted: May 6, 2012 3:36:12 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 6, 2012 1:53:24 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Can I just say that Zombi is one of my idols? :']]]]
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 6, 2012 3:14:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2012 3:14:00 GMT -6

*tries to grab some of Zombi's awesomeness* I'm a first year student in Physics and Chemistry (I'm not too accustomed to the word 'major' so I'll keep it simple), but I'm failing because of my laziness... and the house I live in is full of distractions. I used to be a med student, but failed my first year twice for the same reasons. So... I love Science but am not good enough for her (I know medicine is different from Science with a big S, but my two first-years were mostly scientific and I really sucked at all the social stuff). I'm stepping up now though ;D... so, there. *bows*
Anonymous
May 6, 2012 13:42:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2012 13:42:17 GMT -6

(you guys rock)

I am currently a freshman, studying at University in the city (NYC). I've registered for fall classes, so I'm technically a sophomore now (time needs to slow down). I haven't taken any major classes yet, but I am working toward a degree in English and American Literature. I want to minor in creative writing and hopefully also minor in east asian studies. My goal is to become a better writer and to leave college with a fluency in chinese because right now (wo hui shuo zhong wen, ke shi wo shuo de bu hao) hahaha.

My other passion aside from writing and chinese is acting. This is actually what I'm hoping to do with my future (going to begin taking some classes in the city), but we'll see how that goes haha.
kaitokatashi
May 8, 2012 7:39:31 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App

Post by kaitokatashi on May 8, 2012 7:39:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, I graduated from college two years ago, but I work at a restaurant/bar/arcade called Dave & Buster's for right now.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using ProBoards
This user is a guest
Last edit by kaitokatashi: May 8, 2012 7:39:40 GMT -6
taedxoa
May 8, 2012 12:56:36 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 8, 2012 12:56:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*whew* K. Two parts.

Schooling — I was going to Michigan State University for Music Education starting in '04, but things basically went downhill due to family and financial (and family financial) difficulties, and by October '08 I was disenrolled and spent the rest of THAT year fighting The Man, and losing. From there I returned to my hometown and started working (see below). Last fall (September '11) I transferred to a community college up here so I could live at home and still attend classes or take them online, and I'll have an associate of Arts by December since the place I'm attending has no music degrees.

Work — My only official job is at the local-regional electric co-op, where I do data entry, clerical, programming, I.T., and administrate the auto-pay program. I kinda hate it. :-/ I teach a summer-fall community class based primarily on meditation, energy manipulation, and alternative education topics; and I also play music for a Baptist church part-time.
This user is a guest
jin
May 18, 2012 23:00:33 GMT -6

Post by jin on May 18, 2012 23:00:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This sounds fun. I recent just graduated with my Associates in Specialized Business from my local two year college. I started all the work to go back to get my Bachelors in Business as well, but I'm thinking of having a double major in Psychology, haven't decided yet. I plan on breeding snakes for a living, or, get this, totally awesome idea; All you can eat....TACOS. We don't have one here, and to be frank, everyone likes Tacos.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 19, 2012 0:20:06 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 19, 2012 0:20:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Y'all are pretty rockin.

Like Kami, I'm also a freelance artist doing a fair amount of commission work. Most of my commissions are sketchcards and peoples' personal characters or roleplaying characters, but I've also done some character design work for books. I tend to do whatever art/writing work that I can. I co-wrote a crime noir indie film with my best friend and several other friends that will be coming out in the summer, we're working on another script now, and a few rifftrax when we have the time. I act a little bit, but it's mostly been voice over work for friends' projects and our own films. I also did an article for a gaming website some time back. My most time consuming and biggest project is my dieselpunk fantasy comic Arcane Eon. I don't have a release date for that yet, but it is coming along quite well.

When it comes to schooling, I attended School of Visual Arts in NYC full time for a very brief period of time before settling on more subject focused continuing education classes they were offering. So no degree, but I got a lot of instruction from the classes I did take. I've been mentored by some wonderful people in the comics industry over the years who have always helped point me in the right direction as well. The rest of it is self-taught and practice. Sometimes crippling anxiety and then practice, but that's normal. ;)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2012 23:55:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2012 23:55:17 GMT -6

C'mon, new people! Tell me (:
asami
Jul 20, 2012 20:47:12 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 20, 2012 20:47:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I went to school last year majoring in Equine Riding and Training (aka teaching ponies not to kill me) but dropped out cause 90% of it was stuff I had already learned from working with trainers and frankly I was just burned out on school. That being said, totally awesome experience and I don't regret a second of it.

Right now, I'm working as a master groomer at a dog grooming shop (not certified, just again got hands-on experience). Hopefully within the next couple of years, my fiance and I will be opening up a gym and I'll go back to training horses and teaching riding lessons. My goal is to either train off-the-range Mustangs or miniature horses because have you seen how cute they are, really.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2012 21:00:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2012 21:00:26 GMT -6

I feel so young compared to everyone TT-TT I'm going to be a junior in high school (though I could have been going into my senior year seeing as I was in the UK for pre-k and could have skipped kindergarten when I came back to the Americas), but I plan to go into psychology once I graduate. I want to be a therapist. I want to be able to help as many people as I can and I work very well with people.

Unlike a lot of people I know that are into art, though I am good at it, I do not plan to pursue it. It doesn't mean I'm not open to the occasional commission or going to cons and setting up a booth for the fun of it, but my heart just isn't into that stuff. It was a hobby I started because I was very lonely seeing as I moved every two years,

As for a current job... I'm currently unemployed until I get my license. Both my parents work all hours, so I can't get myself anywhere. Once I can, I might end up working at an art or book store xD

-ramble ramble ramble-
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 14:55:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 14:55:11 GMT -6

Currently studying Criminal Justice, as I want to be a federal LEO someday after school and the military. Though ever since I've joined the Fire Department and have been working on my FireFighter 1/2 I've been really considering swapping out my major for Fire Sciences/Fire Fighting. Though, it's unlikely at this point and at the rate I'm going I may need to drop out of the Fire Department till things get a little less hectic in my schedule.

As for jobs I, well- volunteer at the Fire Department! I already have my EMT-B license so at the moment it's mostly running ambulances. It's fun enough and I love serving my community and helping others but very time consuming and I won't say it isn't stressful now and again.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 21, 2012 14:56:22 GMT -6
ruukalin
Jul 30, 2012 22:17:23 GMT -6

Post by ruukalin on Jul 30, 2012 22:17:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Occupation-wise I'm about to start working as a waitress at this tiny little Mexican restaurant. Exciting, huh?

School-wise, I'm about to begin my sophomore year in highschool. Kind of looking forward to it, and kind of dreading it. I'm going to be taking AP World History, AP English, a language class of my choosing (it will be online, and I'm leaning towards either German, Spanish, or Latin), along with various other classes that I care less for. Upon graduating highschool, I'm leaning towards an occupation that deals with Criminal Justice, preferably, but I've been considering joining the military lately some time out of highschool or after my basic years in college. I've got a few years to decide, but I'm keeping my mind open to the possibilities. I'm also interested in some careers that include biology, metaphysics (not sure if there's a job in metaphysics that would pay more than zilch though), and psychology.

But we'll see where I stand in two or three more years.
This user is a guest