The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Season Two Theories! [Some Spoilers]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 12:01:43 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
So! Does anyone have any theories on season two? If you haven't already and want to (I'm assuming that you want to, considering you clicked a spoiler thread), you should watch the SDCC 2012 animatic for Book 2: Spirits.

Now, let the theorising begin! We see from the animatic:

- Korra can now airbend & enter the Avatar State at will
- Mako joins the police
- Asami carries on the Future Industries name, branching into aeroplanes
- Future Industries is (understandably) not doing so well
- Bolin is the only original Ferrets member left
- there are two new members, and they are not doing well as a team

We have also heard via interviews and the rest of the SDCC panel that we
will be seeing more of the South Pole, including Korra's parents, uncle, and cousins. We will apparently also be seeing more of Kya and Bumi. We've also heard that Korra and Mako are still together, though struggling due to the nature of their work (Avatar & Police Officer, respectively), and that Bolin will have a something something with a new love interest.

What do you think? Theories? Hopes? No need to use the spoiler cuts, only put them there for people who haven't seen the video yet.

—-

I'll post my theories later, but I am hoping that Book 2: Spirits does tie somehow in with the whole Anti-bender sentiment, and that we'll know more about the Equalist movement, even if Amon has been dethroned.
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 1, 2012 21:32:02 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 1, 2012 21:32:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I know this isn't adding to the discussion, but do you possibly know of another link that works? That video was apparently removed.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 1, 2012 21:56:10 GMT -6

Oh, sorry. Hm. I got that from ASN, so I'm not sure. My internet isn't fast enough to load YT tonight, so here is a quick link - www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaqbIBC_ts

If it works, let me know, and I'll edit it into the OP.
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 2, 2012 21:35:47 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 2, 2012 21:35:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah, that one's good. =] Thanks!

As for seeing what was shown in the video, I'm honestly not super happy that Korra can now just go in and out of the Avatar State as if her whole struggle in Season 1 was just to waste time. Comparing that to Aang, I honestly don't know how she could possibly have gotten that much control. Aang was raised as a monk: spirituality was his thing. And even shown by the flashbacks in LoK, Aang only appeared to be able to enter the Avatar State in extreme cases. The fact that Korra had a horrible time with her spirituality, and now can enter the Avatar State at free will, is boggling to me, and I don't like it.

As for the new beast(s?) that was shown, it seems kind of... idk just weird for the Last Airbender series as a whole. I think if it were some kind of spirit beast, it would be amazing, especially if it was a malevolent and recurring creature. Unfortunately, it seems to be a very real and tangible beast in the normal world... and flimsy at that. Again, this is something that, as of right now, doesn't really seem to fit. It looks so horrible and intimidating, and yet Korra could just brush it away by entering the Avatar State.

I guess the biggest worry I have with Spirits is that it doesn't seem to have any direction or conflict. I know they don't want to give too much away, but what I can tell from the clip is that there's neither going to be a physical nor spiritual struggle for Korra.

What I'm hoping to see is, and I agree with you, Kami, more of the Equalists. Though, since Amon was unmasked, I don't think it'll have a very hopeful following - and I don't believe Mustache Man will be making an appearance in the South Pole any time soon. Also, I want to see the Spirit World. I like that Tenzin told Korra that she doesn't appreciate the blessing of the Avatar State. I'm not saying she should be punished to learn her lesson (she would just go back to where she was in Season 1) but I hope that becomes a theme. Like I said above, the black creatures look like they're more suited for the spirit world. Maybe Koh is overstepping his boundaries and allowing malevolent spirits to be released and unleashed into the real world?

Also, I want Bolin to have a larger role than the boy left behind. Sure he will - apparently, I haven't seen/heard any interviews on Spirits - get a love interest, but at this point it looks like he's just shoved into the background. It's really hard to see from the animatics, so I'm not sure if he and the rest of the Krew also go to the South Pole.

Hopefully this isn't too long-winded lol =]
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 2, 2012 22:04:52 GMT -6

Well they ARE supposed to be spirit beasts. I heard tell that Grey DeLisle (Azula) would be making a return as the voice of one of them, so I think it has a lot to do with Korra's struggle to understand spirituality / the Spirit World. If Koh is overstepping his bounds that would be GREAT for TARP's Galgori plot.... Just saying. xD
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 2, 2012 23:01:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 2, 2012 23:01:05 GMT -6

Am I the only one who wants to see MUCH more of Iroh II this season? I don't know.. I guess I have some what of a fangirl crush on him (ohhh, those Firebenders). This season, for me, should show more of what has happened between A:tLA and LoK.I feel like there are many major gaps that the writers need to fill in the plotline. We know /some/ things, but hardly everything. More on Zuko should be shown too, and how the Fire Nation Royal Family is aligned now. Although they do have other seasons to do so in, I'd really like it if they did it soon. I've been waiting for too long as it :P

Some things I want answered:
-Who is Lin's father?
-Who are Iroh II's parents/Zuko's children?
-What happened to the Earth Kingdom?
-What happened to Sokka?

Again, though, I'm sure this will all come in due time. :D
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Sept 2, 2012 23:02:57 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 3, 2012 0:33:25 GMT -6

I don't know if I want to know who Lin's father is. As much as the Tokka fangirl in me wants it, I like the fact that they haven't addressed it, showing alternate "family" types, if that makes sense.

We do know, at least, that Zuko's daughter is the current Fire Lord as of three years prior to the start of Korra. Iroh II is Zuko's grandson, so one of his parents has to be Zuko's child (I theorise he's a Prince. Maybe not the crown prince, though).

Sokka, we know, became the only non-bender on the Republic City council, but I'm more interested in his love life. xD
This user is Mod
jin
Sept 3, 2012 15:16:58 GMT -6

Post by jin on Sept 3, 2012 15:16:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Then wouldn't knowing that Tokka be a thing kill two birds with one stone? I think Toko is my go to pairing from A:tla, but I like the impossible.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 3, 2012 15:35:52 GMT -6

jin Avatar
Then wouldn't knowing that Tokka be a thing kill two birds with one stone? I think Toko is my go to pairing from A:tla, but I like the impossible.

Yeah, though I just mainly want to know if he and Toph ever had a thing ever, not necessarily if they made Lin. :]]

—-

I think it would also be really interesting to find out what Tahno's been up to, and if Korra gave him his bending back.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Sept 4, 2012 11:37:57 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 4, 2012 11:37:57 GMT -6

I'm hoping a little that they tie in season 1 into season 2. Perhaps something caused a disturbance in the sport world because if Amon trying to eradicate bending. That's probably really unlikely, but I would like something that doesn't make the plot seem entirely separate

Post by Gia on Sept 4, 2012 11:55:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I agree. I would like to see some of the loose ends from Season One tied up. I know that they had to end it which is why it seemed rushed, but I would like to them to tie up the loose ends, most of which have been mentioned in this thread already.
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 8, 2012 19:23:16 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 8, 2012 19:23:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Just something I thought of:

It would be really nice to see, as Korra starts learning the meaning of spirituality, a return to more traditional bending forms. I know she's supposedly mastered Fire, Water, and Earth, but with probending thrown in, her moves have become more scrappy. She has less of the solidity of earthbending, the passiveness of airbending, the balanced nature of waterbending, and the control of firebending. Idk it would just be nice to see her doing more meditating (note the episode - Leaf in the Wind, I believe? - where she absolutely couldn't sit still for training) and really connecting to the core of the elements as opposed to just utilizing their raw power.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 4, 2012 7:28:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 4, 2012 7:28:36 GMT -6

Because I was getting a bit excited for Book 2, I decided to do some more research. If what the internet is true, the next Book is in April.

Also, it was stated several times that due to Book 1's success, when Nick ordered for Book 2 they had another writer write it alone, instead of with the guy that wrote Book 1. So I'm not seeing a big possibility for wrapping up loose ends next season. However, Book 3 and 4 were ordered together, so there's a big of hope o3o
spode
Nov 14, 2012 21:27:23 GMT -6

Post by spode on Nov 14, 2012 21:27:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Spirit World is crumbling. With the rise of science and technology, people are beginning to turn away from the spirits causing many spirits to crumble out of existence. Bonus points if you can guess what movie inspired this post.

ali Avatar
So I'm not seeing a big possibility for wrapping up loose ends next season.

Didn't they try to wrap up loose edges quickly at the very end of Book 1? I do not remember.
This user is a guest
sacredless
Feb 6, 2013 19:23:41 GMT -6

Post by sacredless on Feb 6, 2013 19:23:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I predict that Amon will return, but this time with a worse burn marks than his fake ones.

Either that, or Amon will be replaced by copycats to keep the personality cult alive.
This user is a guest