The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Possible Spoilers] Season Finale Theories

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 17:14:10 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
What are your predictions for next weeks hour-long finale? Since there is a second season, I don't think that the conflict with Amon will be wholly resolved. That both pleases and saddens me. xD;'

I personally think that:

- Korra will finally go into the Avatar state. Even if she can't bend air, I think she might pull an Aang and bend an element she's unfamiliar with (a la "Boy in the Iceberg"), and not remember how to do it.

- General Iroh (squeee) will be amazing, just like his namesake. (I also believe that he is Zuko's son, as Dante Basco said he was voicing someone "related" to Zuko)

- Asami will defy expectations (for now, anyway) and stay loyal to her friends, even with her personal troubles, because she is a strong woman and understands that the actions of some should not dictate the fate of all.

- A Sato vs. Sato showdown is inevitable.

- Bolin will do some cool stuff for Lin's sake. I think he has a bit of hero-worship going on and the loss of her bending will be a blow to him.

- PABU x NAGA ROMANCE
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 17:24:23 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 17:24:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
What are your predictions for next weeks hour-long finale? Since there is a second season, I don't think that the conflict with Amon will be wholly resolved. That both pleases and saddens me. xD;'

I personally think that:

- Korra will finally go into the Avatar state. Even if she can't bend air, I think she might pull an Aang and bend an element she's unfamiliar with (a la "Boy in the Iceberg"), and not remember how to do it.

- General Iroh (squeee) will be amazing, just like his namesake. (I also believe that he is Zuko's son, as Dante Basco said he was voicing someone "related" to Zuko)

- Asami will defy expectations (for now, anyway) and stay loyal to her friends, even with her personal troubles, because she is a strong woman and understands that the actions of some should not dictate the fate of all.

- A Sato vs. Sato showdown is inevitable.

- Bolin will do some cool stuff for Lin's sake. I think he has a bit of hero-worship going on and the loss of her bending will be a blow to him.

- PABU x NAGA ROMANCE

Well, the creators said that Zuko's daughter has become the new Fird Lord/Lady. So I would suspect that Iroh is his grandson by the looks of his face. I could be wrong but who knows? I think we are going to be left with a major cliffhanger. Perhaps Amon seizes control of RC and the Revolution spreads to all of the Nations?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 17:34:31 GMT -6

Yes, I'm aware that Zuko's daughter is the new Fire Lord (there are no distinctions of gender, btw, for the title. When they were going to crown Azula, she was "Fire Lord"), not really sure why that was brought up? xD;' It doesn't really have anything to do with the new General Iroh or my theory. xD;'

I agree that there would be a major cliffhanger. There's no reason not to! I would actually love it if the rest of the world is brought in. Oh man oh man
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 17:36:24 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 17:36:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Amon did say that first it would be Republic City, and then the world.....
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 17:41:08 GMT -6

yakone Avatar
Well, Amon did say that first it would be Republic City, and then the world.....

He also said that he was a messenger blessed by the Spirits. xD The world may be his plan, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. I also recall Bryke saying that Korra would take place almost exclusively in RC — I don't know if that meant just the first season, or both.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 18:05:27 GMT -6

HOLD THE PRESSES.

"“Yeah, [Iroh II]’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there.”"

source
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 18:06:24 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 18:06:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
:) I speculated correctly, YAY ME!! :)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 20, 2012 3:23:05 GMT -6

yakone Avatar
:) I speculated correctly, YAY ME!! :)

hooray for you indeed!

I think it will be interesting to see — apparently Iroh II is relatively young, so it would be lovely to know how he's already a General (and I do hope it's not just "because Mommy is the Fire Lord").
This user is Mod
jin
Jun 20, 2012 3:42:10 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 20, 2012 3:42:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I don't think so. His grandfather is Zuko, and while he wasn't a prodigy like his sister, he was still an amazing firebender. That being said, I see Iroh II to be nothing short of a badass. Surely his mother was trained well, and he was probably also trained by his grandfather and maybe even his grandmother (If it's Suki!)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 20, 2012 4:02:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 20, 2012 4:02:04 GMT -6

Q.Q I don't want a cliffhanger, it'll feed my lunacy even more...

Judging by the trailer, there's definitely going to be a Pearl Harbor situation. From what I've gathered, I believe the UF Navy is going to engage the Equalist aircrafts but won't be turning the tide. Then someone will suggest that while the enemy forces are distracted, Team Avatar infiltrates and either retakes the Equalist headquarters - Air Temple Island - or sabotages the main airship. It would kind of make sense, all the police airships were taken down in the initial assault so the only way is to use their own weapons against them... or chop off the head.

There was also this one tiny sequence of Korra Waterbending on top of snow, which has me very... confused. There's no such snow in Republic City.*bows*
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 20, 2012 4:11:48 GMT -6

joychmi Avatar
Q.Q I don't want a cliffhanger, it'll feed my lunacy even more...

Judging by the trailer, there's definitely going to be a Pearl Harbor situation. From what I've gathered, I believe the UF Navy is going to engage the Equalist aircrafts but won't be turning the tide. Then someone will suggest that while the enemy forces are distracted, Team Avatar infiltrates and either retakes the Equalist headquarters - Air Temple Island - or sabotages the main airship. It would kind of make sense, all the police airships were taken down in the initial assault so the only way is to use their own weapons against them... or chop off the head.

There was also this one tiny sequence of Korra Waterbending on top of snow, which has me very... confused. There's no such snow in Republic City.*bows*

You forget, Republic City is right outside some mountain ranges. see?

Map-wise, it is here:

It is actually fairly far up north, so mountains/snow is not unheard of! We've actually have seen it snowing in the city!

Snow at the Probending Arena
Snow at Air Temple Island

Not to mention snow after Korra was kidnapped, overlooking Republic City.

I think it's a safe bet that it snows! :]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 20, 2012 4:14:28 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 20, 2012 4:55:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 20, 2012 4:55:23 GMT -6

from ASN.com

I guess I should have said no such ice, then. It's literally overlooking the sea itself. I can never forget that there's snow in and around Republic City, I was utterly shocked - utterly shocked - that Tarrlok owned a lodge kinda house outside town, abandoned too.

...and And AND !! I wasn't done with my theories !! I also think that Korra's going to go into Avatar State and start Airbending people into the sky (it was in "The Avatar Returns" that Aang did it, though) but I'm... dead certain/desperately hoping that it's going to be the same way Aang used Firebending for the first time ever (Episode 8 "Avatar Roku")... SHE'S GOING TO TAKE ON HIS APPEARANCE !!!! Q.Q *cries of joy*bows*
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 20, 2012 4:55:42 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 20, 2012 5:44:48 GMT -6

Hm, I hadn't seen that shot. It might not be republic city, then! :o!!
This user is Mod