The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Spoilers] Episode 8

kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 10:21:15 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 10:21:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So I'm actually writing this post AS I watch episode 8, so just some notes:

- After this ep, Meelo's definitely got a place in the cockles of my heart. This is really the first time we've had any extended interaction with him.
- KORRA'S SHOCKFACE
- IKKI'S RAGEFACE
- PABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
- THE NEW TEAM AVATAR!
- FARTBENDING <3
- Korra vs. Tarlokk
- BLOODBENDING

So I think that while the makes of Korra did a good job introducing new elements to this era, they're bastards for ending it the way they did.

Thoughts?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 10:25:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 10:25:31 GMT -6

I just can't...MY EMOTIONS!

They finally give us more information on Yakone, then they show us that maybe, possibly Yakone is Tarlok's father, and finally they made me think that Tarlok was Amon. That last one is no longer valid. Either Tarlok is one hell of an actor or he really has issues with nonbenders.

Also, the airbending kids, they are so awesome, and it's nice to see that Meelo has aged like a normal child. His sentences are more complete, and it's just perfect. Also, the super anime emotions were hilarious as opposed to a nuisance. Overall, this episode was too awesome, an the fight at the end!!!!!!!

I just can't right now...I just cannot...
This user is a former member
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 11:09:59 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 11:09:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
nobody Avatar
I just can't...MY EMOTIONS!

They finally give us more information on Yakone, then they show us that maybe, possibly Yakone is Tarlok's father, and finally they made me think that Tarlok was Amon. That last one is no longer valid. Either Tarlok is one hell of an actor or he really has issues with nonbenders.

Also, the airbending kids, they are so awesome, and it's nice to see that Meelo has aged like a normal child. His sentences are more complete, and it's just perfect. Also, the super anime emotions were hilarious as opposed to a nuisance. Overall, this episode was too awesome, an the fight at the end!!!!!!!

I just can't right now...I just cannot...

Bryke has a lot to explain, mainly the Bloodbending and Korra's vision at the end of the episode. WHO WAS ON TRIAL?! WHO WAS BLOODBENDING AANG?!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 11:14:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 11:14:29 GMT -6

...I'm not entirely sure I can form coherent sentences after watching that. It was fantastic! THE BLOODBENDING! AAAAAH! I was freakin' terrified when Korra's arms contorted. I will say, I'm glad that Korra used something other than firebending in the fight with Tarlok, as she's seemed to heavily favor fire thus far. I am really excited for next saturday. I was a little disappointed, though, that she didn't enter the avatar state, or at least make contact with Aang. I had hoped that would happen, but I guess they're leading up to that.

I'll need to watch the episode again, but oh it was perfect.
jin
Jun 2, 2012 11:22:25 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 2, 2012 11:22:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quicky review: loved it. Going to the store.

Edit:

I thought that overall, the episode was amazing. Everything seemed to flow well, they addressed some major key points, and they gave us a little insight into who Tarlock is. I'm with the some of the others that were a little upset about Korra not at least TRYING to talk to Aang, or any of her past lives for that matter, but I feel like next episode would be the episode to do that. She's stranded, no one knows where she's at, and she can't do anything but talk to Aang/Roku/Kyoshi. As for her airbending, I think once she makes even an initial connection with her past lives her airbending is going to skyrocket. She has the forms mastered, so the physical aspect of airbending is, for the most part, learned.

Excited for the show, excited for the epic Aang talks she'll have, and excited for Korra to go all Avatar State on all of them.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Jun 2, 2012 12:32:44 GMT -6
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 11:29:47 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 11:29:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tenshio Avatar
...I'm not entirely sure I can form coherent sentences after watching that. It was fantastic! THE BLOODBENDING! AAAAAH! I was freakin' terrified when Korra's arms contorted. I will say, I'm glad that Korra used something other than firebending in the fight with Tarlok, as she's seemed to heavily favor fire thus far. I am really excited for next saturday. I was a little disappointed, though, that she didn't enter the avatar state, or at least make contact with Aang. I had hoped that would happen, but I guess they're leading up to that.

I'll need to watch the episode again, but oh it was perfect.

I was glad they finally addressed Korra and the Avatar State in this episode. I was wondering when they'd get to that.
This user is a guest
jin
Jun 2, 2012 13:50:39 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 2, 2012 13:50:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh, and screw bloodbending!

Mako bended lightning in battle! While I"m a little upset at the sheer number of lightning benders now, that really gives Jin more room to work on his bending, and his act!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 15:25:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 15:25:52 GMT -6

jin Avatar
Oh, and screw bloodbending!

Mako bended lightning in battle! While I"m a little upset at the sheer number of lightning benders now, that really gives Jin more room to work on his bending, and his act!

I know right. Also, lightening seems to have been nerfed something fierce. I think Mako shot an Equalist with it and there did not seem to be any repercussions, or he shot the steering wheel and there was nothing to fear. Also, our rules do state that lightening benders are allowed, just non-combatant as it would end in being death and the user being arrested.
jin
Jun 2, 2012 15:33:56 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 2, 2012 15:33:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Unless of course because of it seemingly being taught like an ap class its not as deadly. I mean rules still aplly, but the mere fact that he did it in a fight makes it that much cooler.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 16:08:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 16:08:02 GMT -6

When I first saw that metal bending, lightning and now blood bending aren't quite so rare that I'd be disappointed but so far things have been portrayed well. The metal bending looked like a scary tool of oppression, the blood bending looked horrific and painful even though Mako's lightning looked a little wimpy.

What is so cool is that instead of these things having a one-time "wow" factor they have been integrated into the story well. While they may not be so rare now the potential of these bending arts can be elaborated upon.

On another note I would have been fine if the entire episode was Meelo mooning over Asami and Ikki and Bolin chatting back and forth. I've been wanting some interaction between those two for a while now.
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 16:27:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 16:27:47 GMT -6

I wasn't ever worried about that stuff being more common. I always assumed that it was rare because it took so long to invent.

And yes. I too was incredibly eager to see the Airbender kids interact with the Krew. It was very funny. Also, I'm starting to really like Asami now. Especially, when Korra and Mako had to sit in the back and she turns the mirror to watch them and bam! She has that look in her eye. She is definitely not one to cross.

I also love what's going on with Tarrlok. He reminds me of my dearly loved Canon Character Long Feng. It's crazy how much power that man in accumulating, he has the police force behind him, he has rallied the citizenry against a common enemy. It's only a matter of time before he announces himself a fancy title.

Also anyone else love the line, "You're our Avatar, too." And the look on Korra's face; it was just amazing.

Then when she fought Tarrlok and made a crater of earth as she landed I just kept seeing Kyoshi, and the fact that Korra was willing to kill Tarrlok like Kyoshi was willing to do with Chin left me smiling.
Anonymous
Jun 3, 2012 8:59:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2012 8:59:30 GMT -6

nobody Avatar
I wasn't ever worried about that stuff being more common. I always assumed that it was rare because it took so long to invent.

And yes. I too was incredibly eager to see the Airbender kids interact with the Krew. It was very funny. Also, I'm starting to really like Asami now. Especially, when Korra and Mako had to sit in the back and she turns the mirror to watch them and bam! She has that look in her eye. She is definitely not one to cross.

I also love what's going on with Tarrlok. He reminds me of my dearly loved Canon Character Long Feng. It's crazy how much power that man in accumulating, he has the police force behind him, he has rallied the citizenry against a common enemy. It's only a matter of time before he announces himself a fancy title.

Also anyone else love the line, "You're our Avatar, too." And the look on Korra's face; it was just amazing.

Then when she fought Tarrlok and made a crater of earth as she landed I just kept seeing Kyoshi, and the fact that Korra was willing to kill Tarrlok like Kyoshi was willing to do with Chin left me smiling.

...Yep, I think you covered everything. Absolutely everything I was thinking after watching that episode - which was an emotional massacre to me, I wanna yell, cry, bang my head against walls, cut off people's thumbs to make thumbs up all the time.

Although I personally think Korra SHOULD have taken Tarrlok down from the moment he elected Saikhan... or Tenzin should have when he suggested that non-bender martial law - the only time I wished he was not an Air Nomad, or rather that he was willing to take this mano-a-mano.

What you said about Long Feng is actually one of Bryke's most genius plotting strength. Take someone, make him the general villain (Ozai and Amon) with a bit or horrific, terrorizing actions here and there. Then find someone completely on the opposing side who thinks himself a bit too righteous and give him drastic or outrageous decisions to take, to make HIM the closest threat (Long Feng and Tarrlok), or as I like to call them, "the villain next door"... I just came up with that >.>

Funny thing, and confusing as hell. I think we all agree to having assumed, up until now, that Korra was having these visions because whatever happened with Aang and that convict had to do with Amon - or is it wishful thinking on my end ? - but then why did it happen again with Tarrlok ? They're so messing with our heads, the internet is going to explode with even crazier theories, now... *cough*How weird would it be that Tarrlok and Amon are brothers ?*cough*

*bows*

EDIT: If it is indeed the case, then - it scares me that I'm admitting it - what Kami said about there being a relation with Aang's children, Kya and Bumi, is taking all its sense. I don't remember which one of them's the Waterbender, but Katara was pretty much the only bloodbender so she could have taught her own child, and then stuff hit the fan sometime. Maybe it didn't happen like that, but there could be a relation. I'm still rooting for my own explanation, though... as soon as I find one *bows*
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 3, 2012 9:50:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 3, 2012 21:39:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2012 21:39:25 GMT -6

Maybe the vision connection is more about the two of them pushing Korra to her physical limits rather than some sort of connection. Just an idea. I think they are connected, though. I could see Tarrlok as being the man behind the mask. Amon could be anyone and Tarrlok has shown abnormal powers. If a politician wanted to accumulate power he could do worse than having an army.

Maybe The Equalists are really an elaborate false flag operation by Tarrlok. Stoke the resentment of non-benders, provoke violence, make the police look weak and offer to save the city in exchange for power.

If it is one of Aang's kids I'd bet on Bumi since he's not a bender but probably has some spiritual connections like Iroh did.

There are a lot of ways to go with this and most of them sound interesting. How many shows can do that?