The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Spoilers] Episode 6

Anonymous
May 13, 2012 16:29:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 16:29:40 GMT -6

Did anyone else just explode by how amazing that episode was?

Sorry, I just couldn't get over it. I loved every second of that episode. Hell, once the Equalist got prepared to strike, I looked at the clock and did a double take because I didn't think they would be able to fit anything else into that episode, and then pow! Super awesome Spiderman and Korra action scene, and then it ended. I loved it.

Thoughts? Did you guys like it? Eager for the next episode? Anything you guys didn't particularly find that interesting?
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on May 13, 2012 16:34:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OMG, it was awesome! I mean, tragic, of course. The Wolf Bats were creeps, but no one deserved that. Amon was all scary, and it was just... it was just so many levels of awesome. I am so excited for the next episode.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 16:40:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 16:40:41 GMT -6

GAH !! Ya stole my thunder ! I was waiting for the nick.com videos to be up so I'd post on my thread and edit the title. Funny thing, I was also going to mention the awesome Spiderman action that goes on in there, and crack a lot of jokes about the Marvel similarities.

SUCH AS: Lin being Spiderman, Tenzin being Mary Jane, Pema being... Harry Osborn, maybe ? And Toph being Dardevil. I know it's weird, Dardevil gave birth to a Spiderman but hey, it's just similarities.

There's more, but I gotta go sleep *bows*
tae
May 13, 2012 18:55:11 GMT -6

Post by tae on May 13, 2012 18:55:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lin is elevating to become one of my favourite characters. Holy crap!
And the fact that Tenzin and Lin were a couple before Pema took him away from her, ahaha.
This episode was seriously amazing. I can't wait for Saturday, to be honest.

Ahaha, the spiderman connections are great.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 20:46:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 20:46:14 GMT -6

The thought of Lin and Tenzin as a young, extra gooey couple makes me smile. If there isn't a flashback episode dedicated to this love triangle I will be severely disappointed. I love how competent the Equalist troops are. If Ozai's troops from the last series were half that able Ozai probably would have conquered the world in a month.
Anonymous
May 14, 2012 20:07:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 14, 2012 20:07:37 GMT -6

tae Avatar
Lin is elevating to become one of my favourite characters. Holy crap!
And the fact that Tenzin and Lin were a couple before Pema took him away from her, ahaha.
This episode was seriously amazing. I can't wait for Saturday, to be honest.

Ahaha, the spiderman connections are great.

Maybe you should think about trying out for her, then. ;)

About the Equalist, I love that they have their stuff together. They have a plan, and it so horrible for the characters in the show, but so awesome that I cannot help but love it.

They took out all of the Metalbending security; that includes the boats, the blimps, everything. The planning that that required, damn, these people are not messing around.

On a somewhat dour note. I am a little saddened that the bending hasn't pumped me up like it did in the last series. But I digress, it was still amazing, and I cannot wait for the episode on my Birthday! I'm so giddy.
Anonymous
May 14, 2012 20:50:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 14, 2012 20:50:32 GMT -6

I think the reason for the lackluster bending has been pro bending. It all in a controlled environment and limits the fun of watching bending. I think it was a neat idea but the execution has left me cold. On the other side watching the metal bending cops in action has been fun. That's the reason I felt compelled to make a metal bender.
ailin
May 14, 2012 21:03:17 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 14, 2012 21:03:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Agreed. I think another part of it is that no one has had to deal with such a credible threat in a while. What's the most the metalbending police force has had to deal with? Bender crime syndicates. And they haven't even been effective enough to shut them down (no offense, Lin, please don't hit me). Probending is a sport when you get down to it. It's non-lethal rules based bending fights with a time limit. I haven't seen Mako and Bolin be that much use outside of an arena because they've spent so much time training to be good at that, not good in a fight. Mako, certainly, has more of an aptitude for holding his own given his history, but he's still spent more time being an athlete. The police were prepared for chi blockers, but not for electricity (and I suppose Korra never mentioned the Lieutenant had electrified kali sticks otherwise I'd expect Lin to at least have people on the lookout for something like that).

I've felt that a big theme in the series has been complacency and with how efficiently the Equalists were able to take the arena over it only reinforces it for me. Amon even tries to sell us that the Wolfbats are the best of the bending. If they're the best, I'm the Earth King.

It's interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing Mako and Bolin help out in fights outside the arena.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 8:52:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 8:52:09 GMT -6

Honestly, does Amon give anyone else nightmares, because that guys makes me want to wet my pants! Holy crud! That episode was freaking awesome! I had to wait for it to come online, but OH MY GOSH. (also want to comment on how much I like the musical score of this series. Of course the last one was fabulous, but this one just gets me going like I don't even know what!)

Lin is absolutely incredible, and her and Korra action had better make another appearance soon. Also, Tenzin a player? Hahaha! That's a good one. And these flashbacks into the past!! Gahh! I need them to be fully realized already! Gosh, I'm so impatient. But wow. Best episode by far.

(Also, for Staff, what does this mean for the forum? How exactly are we following events here? I seem to always need to be reminded of this, sorry.)
Last edit by Deleted: May 15, 2012 8:53:52 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 11:28:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 11:28:10 GMT -6

shuai Avatar

(Also, for Staff, what does this mean for the forum? How exactly are we following events here? I seem to always need to be reminded of this, sorry.)

Don't worry, Shuai. There are plans in store; and we are making sure that they play out. Also, may I direct you
here, don't worry. I am sure that a lot of people are interested in the plot and how TARP will follow it, and this way those who are too shy to ask will just have to read what has been posted.

Also, I really love Amon. The way he plans his speeches, it all works out so well. Honestly, a part of me wishes he was the one that paid of the referees, but I believe that was probably some Wolf-bat related shenanigans.

About the bending, yeah I know. My brother and I had a huge discussion about how and why the bending isn't as creative as before. Aside from metalbenders because they are so cool!
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 12:01:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 12:01:02 GMT -6

It had to be the Wolfbats. The previous match against the Mongoose Dragons, the one where they struck a knockout within the first two or three minutes right at the end of last episode, the opponent team had serious injuries, and one even had a head wound. Headshots are forbidden in pro-bending, so I don't see how it would have happened without corruption. My thoughts on Amon are that he's real evil. There's more to all this that just Equality. He's good enough that he doesn't kill people and manages to take them down very efficiently for a non-bender, which adds to the hero kind of image he spreads, but I think he plans his things way too meticulously for there not to be any hidden agendas.

This episode has made me more excited than ever to find out about how he got to be, and how he founded - and developed - the Equalist movement. Because afterall, the United Republic of Nations has been said to be a place "where benders and non-benders could live together in peace". Tenzin said it. I get that the gangs are causing trouble but to want to rid the world of benders ? Even when it's not something they chose to become ? Something's very two-headed fishy about this...

Lin and Korra... Something I seriously did not think I would see. From the first episode I was expecting a sort of combat rivalry like... I don't know, Legolas and Gimli maybe ? Who gets the more bad guys and whatnot - y'all know it woulda been hilarious !! - but I'm sincerely glad that it turned out this way. Lin is better at being Spiderman.

SSSSSSSSpeaking of which, I wasn't done with the Marvel similarities: Mako as Johnny Storm aka the Human Torch - he gets beaten around the exact same way XD but he's cool and knows how to jump into the action - and Bolin as... tie between Invisble Woman and The Thing, because he gets much less attention than the others, yet he's tough on the outside and soft on the inside - just like Ben Grimm. I also had Amon as Victor Von Doom, but that's just waaaaaaaay to easy.

The metal benders are definitely Iron Men.... Holy Crap, I'm making a thread about this *bows*

PS: I got carried away, but this is what I ultimately meant to do:
The Legend Of Korra - Book 1 'Air' Episode 06 'And The Winner Is...'
"Korra and the Fire Ferrets prepare for the pro-bending championship as a threat looms over the arena."
Note that you US users can also have a sneak peak at Saturday's episode, "The Aftermath".
Last edit by Deleted: May 15, 2012 12:15:00 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 15, 2012 21:12:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 15, 2012 21:12:09 GMT -6

nobody Avatar

Don't worry, Shuai. There are plans in store; and we are making sure that they play out. Also, may I direct you
here, don't worry. I am sure that a lot of people are interested in the plot and how TARP will follow it, and this way those who are too shy to ask will just have to read what has been posted.

Thank you Shio!

Just watched the episode again, I'm slightly obsessed! Hahaha.
Anonymous
May 16, 2012 11:41:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2012 11:41:03 GMT -6

To follow with what Shio said about the Equalists being so organized, it's true that they were very well prepared for this attack. I mean:

HOW THE HECK ??!!?!

They were proceeding from the inside, even had access to the ring (who saw the explosives coming ? Raise your hand) And overpowered every single person able to stop them, plus the radio announcer, in minutes and without breaking a sweat. But THIS... Ozai's troops were kids with swords.

They're just very awe and then some. Infiltrating Aang Memorial Island and then leaving even though it was being surveyed by a fleet is one thing, but doing the same in the pro-bending arena with two fleets ??... Do you think they might have submarines ? The Mechanist was able to create three and hide them under Water Tribe boats. With technology, the Equalists wouldn't even need Waterbenders anymore. Of course, that would mean they somehow got their hands on such technology. But I like to think they stole it rather than... the other possible explanation >.>

*concentrates* I have a vision: the season showdown is going to take place... at the Police Headquarters.
Last edit by Deleted: May 16, 2012 11:42:28 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 16, 2012 12:44:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2012 12:44:06 GMT -6

I was so blown away by how skillfully the Equalists took down the inside of the stadium I failed to notice the huge, obvious airships the Equalists had. I have a feeling they have a certain character as a benefactor. Non benders kind of got the shaft last series but they have more than made up for that with the Equalists.

On a different topic, how great is the voice acting? J.K. Simmons, Lance Henriksen and Steve Blum? It's a fanboy dream come true..well maybe could use John Yong Bosch.