The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Spoilers] TLOK Episodes Updates

Anonymous
May 7, 2012 16:35:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2012 16:35:17 GMT -6

Welcome, one and all, youths and ancients, peers and strangers, to your weekly TLOK episode thread !!

I, Joy-joy, will be your humble anchorman, providing you with the link to the most recent episode and allowing you to pour all the boiling thoughts produced from your viewing pleasure right into this thread !! At the same time, you'll be able to enjoy other people's opinions and share the delight - or disgust, who knows ? - of... *bites tongue*

That said, there's some details to be given out. First and foremost, all TARP rules apply here. Clear english messages, politeness, no double-posting and nothing PG-13 are emphasized in this thread. On a second note, I'd like for nobody to post alternate links to the episodes. I'll only post the nick.com link for each episode - feel free to post it again if mine is broken. Note that it only works for US users, though. So, anything else needs to be done privately. Thirdly, not to boss people around, but keep it civil. The title says "Discussion", not dispute. And I'd rather not see a mod having to come down here and smack people down or archive that thread because smacking was not enough. Fourth point, posting quotes from episode transcripts or screenshots to prove a good point (NO HOTLINKING !) is encouraged, but not mandatory... Do as you like on that one, it just felt like it deserved to be mentioned. Just credit the site where you got them from.

And finally, though this is more of a request from me, make that thread organic. Keep it alive. If you don't, I will ^^

So, here we have the latest: The Legend Of Korra - Book 1 'Air' Episodes 11-12 'Skeletons In The Closet' & 'End Game'
"Korra goes undercover as the war between benders and non-benders intensifies" "Korra faces the Equalists' mysterious leader, Amon, as the war in Republic City comes to a head."

*bows*

Episode 10 'Turning The Tides'
"The Equalists begin to attack Republic City."
Episode 09 'Out Of The Past'
"Korra tries to understand her visions; Tenzin and Beifong search for Equalist hostages."
Episode 08 'When Extremes Meet'
"As Equalist activity continues, Korra faces off against Councilman Tarrlok"
Episode 07 'The Aftermath'
"Korra begins to suspect that an ally is working for the Equalists."
Episode 06 'And The Winner Is...'
"Korra and the Fire Ferrets prepare for the pro-bending championship as a threat looms over the arena."
And Episode 05 'The Spirit Of Competition'
"The Fire Ferrets are out of sync for the competition, as romance brews between teammates !"
And Episode 04 'A Voice In The Night'
"Korra is recruited to join Councilman Tarrlok's task force which tries to rid the city of Equalists"
And Episode 03 'The Revelation'
"Korra attempts to learn more about the Equalist movement through infiltration"
And Episode 02 'A Leaf In The Wind'
"Korra is thrilled to discover the city's Pro-bending Arena, where she meets two brothers who compete there"
And Episode 01 'Welcome To Republic City'
"Korra travels to Republic City to master the art of airbending with the help of Avatar Aang's son, Tenzin"

For those who missed them. Courtesy of your friendly neighborhoods nick.com for the episodes, and AvatarSpirit for the summaries (a bit less spoilery than nick's summaries).
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 2, 2012 11:22:19 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 7, 2012 16:50:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2012 16:50:03 GMT -6

I liked how Bolin got a chance to shine since he's not the romantic lead. I'm also glad there were added rules to pro bending to make it a little more interesting.

The Korra/Mako stuff was cute but I hoped it would drag on a little longer since it's fun seeing the two of them flustered. Gotta leave for work so that's my utterly shallow view of this episode.
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 4:09:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 4:09:20 GMT -6

I agree, the entire romance part of the episode was well put. I only regret the cheesy ending of that love feud. It was funny to see Korra finding her first challenge as a woman with Mako liking Asami better, and the way Bolin takes his chance (doing a greater job than their first encounter). And the kiss, I was all "NOOOOOOOO". But when they all forgave one another on Korra's awesome knockout, my mind was screaming "NOOOOOOO" even though I was smiling. It might just be me, but it felt too complicated to get over that easily. Come on, Bolin got drunk on noodles !! Don't people hold grudges in Korra's era ?

On another note, that was Korra's second, and also best, knockout. And so, each member of the Fire Ferrets has had their own little moment of glory in the arena (speaking of which, it was good to finally see that girls were fangirling all over Bolin for a reason) *thumbs up*
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 22:01:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 22:01:56 GMT -6

Korra, way too fast on declaring her love for Mako! I was like WHAAAA???? Still, they're cute. And Bolin is just...incredible! I was so glad he was given his moment to shine, what a boss!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 12, 2012 23:24:29 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
All I have to say is: I started to tear up when Korra kissed Mako because I love Bolin —- then seeing Bolin's face just crumple up and him start to sob literally made me sob too.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 12, 2012 23:25:08 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 13, 2012 2:07:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2012 2:07:20 GMT -6

I had a feeling from the start that Mako and Korra would end up together but I feel soooo bad for Bolin. Dude totally needs a girlfriend. Therefore I now ship Bolin and any semi-cool woman in Avatar. This includes Lin Beifong, Ikki and Jinora. I'll throw in Pema too. Sorry Tenzin...the heart wants what it wants, dude.
Anonymous
May 20, 2012 16:01:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2012 16:01:39 GMT -6

So, I'll be reviving this, so that it doesn't just... disappear from abandonment I'll keep updating the thread with links to the nick.com episodes. If you can't view them on there - like me - or don't want to wait until they put them up, you can always look on the internet. The latest episode link will be coming shortly, so be sure to check back.

You can also look at the first post, they're all gonna be there anyway. Note that there will be a rebroadcast of all episodes every night during next week, according to ASN. *bows*

EDIT: The Legend Of Korra - Book 1 'Air' Episodes 11-12 'Skeletons In The Closet' & 'End Game'
"Korra goes undercover as the war between benders and non-benders intensifies" "Korra faces the Equalists' mysterious leader, Amon, as the war in Republic City comes to a head."
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 2, 2012 15:46:20 GMT -6