The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kami's Avatar Art!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 8, 2012 21:43:58 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
So I wonder if you guys remember my old art thread, ahahaha. Ah well, here are some things I've done since y'all last looked.

If you were around TARP during its AtLA years you might remember a pic I started of my and Karena's OCs, Hatsuharu and Lakano (respectively). [clicky]

Sometime last year, I re-drew it :DD [click]

In 2008, I drew a picture of sokka. I didn't redraw that pic, but I did draw him again, and I think I've improved! :3 here is a side-by-side comparison of the pieces.

I'm also doing an (ongoing) study of the Korra characters. The first one I did is of Korra and some facial expressions. There are some mistakes, but I think they turned out relatively okay. I also did a study on her hand-to-hand fighting, which was referenced from the Korra Linetest that was posted a bit back. I want to learn how to draw bending better, so I figured it was a good reference/starting point.

Comments & critiques are welcome! :D
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 8, 2012 21:47:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Aww, Harukano! *squeals*

In all honesty, you know how great I think you're stuff, but I couldn't help but squeal at how great the second pic is. The Korra stuff is awesome, too.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 12:15:10 GMT -6

:3 I figured you'd like the Harukano pic! Thank you for your compliments. ;3

I forgot to link to this picture, which is le babby Korra that you see on our layout [click!]
This user is Mod
daylyn
May 9, 2012 13:25:30 GMT -6

Post by daylyn on May 9, 2012 13:25:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*claps* Very impressive Kami looks like you've improved a lot come last I've seen your work, I really like the Korra studies you have =D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 13:39:51 GMT -6

^_^ Why thank you! I'm glad the improvement isn't all in my head, haha. xD
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 9, 2012 13:49:20 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It is most defiantly not in your head. I've always though that you were a good artist, but you can see the difference between the two Harukano pictures.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2012 14:16:40 GMT -6

:']] thank you! I'll try to have more Korra art soon.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 10, 2012 3:04:23 GMT -6

I drew a rough sketcb of my OC, Ling, on one of those drawing apps for android. Not quite how i wanted it, but i can only do so much with my index finger. XD [click]
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on May 10, 2012 14:19:39 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Pretty good, I think, especially for an index finger haha.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 10, 2012 14:31:29 GMT -6

Thanks! xD The program is surprisingly good and intuitive, and the quality is relatively professional (as professional as you can get, I think, for a free mobile app). The better version is only two dollars, so I'm going to see about getting that, and also saving up for a wacom pen (which is the brand of tablet I use) that is specifically designed to work with iOS or Android products. That's like, twenty five bucks though, which I don't have. xD
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 10, 2012 16:46:13 GMT -6

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot this piece. It's older, made last summer, so I am definitely noticing a lot of flaws and errors. This was also my first attempt at rendering waterbending without using lineart, what was a very fun experience. And, if I remember correctly, this was also my first attempt at Korra. [click] I made it for a tumblr friend of mine.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 21:25:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 21:25:23 GMT -6

Do I remember your old art thread??? PSHHH. I stalked that thread...I actually stalked it a little while back too....and now that the embarrassment is settling in -hides-

Your Korra facial expressions are amazing! Honestly, I was floored. And Ling is exceptionally adorable. And don't even get me started on your first attempt of Korra (it's wonderful).

I can't wait to see more Kami-chan!!

This user is a former member

Post by Gia on May 10, 2012 21:46:20 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
That first attempt at Korra is amazing! Great job!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 10, 2012 21:57:30 GMT -6

Shuaaaaaiiii! You are so sweet! Thank you!
Thanka to both of your for your compliments. I will try and have more art soon. :3
This user is Mod
merce
May 10, 2012 22:02:53 GMT -6

Post by merce on May 10, 2012 22:02:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My goodness, you are amazing. All I can draw are stick figures! :(
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 10, 2012 23:01:06 GMT -6

Aw, thank you! I do not think I am amazing, there are a lot of artists much better than me. I am still learning so there are a lot of mistakes and things for me to learn.

And let me tell you, all of my character pics start off with stick figures, so you are on your way! ;]]
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 12, 2012 20:36:39 GMT -6

Please click image for full view (opens in new tab/window and redirects to tumblr)

Trying to get used to my "new" computer and drawing on a tablet again. Base sketch drawn on the Android Sketchbook app, inked & coloured in Paint Tool SAI, photoshop for effects.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 12, 2012 20:38:05 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 12, 2012 20:41:44 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Aww! She's cute! I love it!
This user is Mod
tae
May 12, 2012 22:35:50 GMT -6

Post by tae on May 12, 2012 22:35:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Holy crap, this is adorable.
Your artwork is amazing, Kami!
I'm having fun just browsing through this thread.
I especially like how Ling looks!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 12, 2012 23:31:59 GMT -6

Thank you so much, Tae!! :']

Ling is my baby, hahaha. I will probably have a LOT more art of her soon.
This user is Mod